Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Disagree.

That would've been out of the left field and not at all built up
    how not? she was getting buffed, makes totally sense /s

Seeing people out of the loop be this triggered over this whole thing is hilarious. Minus the blatant sexism being thrown around by some, obviously.
    ah yes, of course, people are triggered because she is a woman, its sexism, so no one can complaint about this asinine plot and retarded fight that he didn't even landed a fucking hit on her, and she simple destroy one of the most powerful beings in azeroth

good shit right here, they knew they can get away with it because people like this

Like i and other people have being saying, there is no problem with her wining, but wining like that was completely retarded. Even an old dying orc landed a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    there is no "i want to believe"

he is the fucking Lich king, he should be powerful, he being humiliated like a whelp was bullshit

yeah hilarious how they make a completely absurd fight and people dislike the asinine situation

She could one fucking shot sargeras and you should say it makes sense because fuck it why not, and nobody could argue otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

he had the power of Lich king, a power enough to tear the veil
    He had the power of the Helm of Domination. It helped with with necromancy and apparently gave him frost magic. He didn't have Frostmourne which would have helped narrow the playing field. He may have been called the Lich King, but he wasn't the BAMF that Arthas was. The sooner people come to terms with that the better.

It doesn't matter though, Sylvanus has been gaining power this entire expansion (and even staring when she killed herself after WotLK apparently). Every person that's died since that moment has been giving her a power increase. And despite the fact that it could have been shown better, there's been plenty of hints that she's been getting stronger and a lot of people are dying this expansion. I'm sorry your head canon goes against this.

how not? she was getting buffed, makes totally sense /s

ah yes, of course, people are triggered because she is a woman, its sexism, so no one can complaint about this asinine plot and retarded fight that he didn't even landed a fucking hit on her, and she simple destroy one of the most powerful beings in azeroth

good shit right here, they knew they can get away with it because people like this

Like i and other people have being saying, there is no problem with her wining, but wining like that was completely retarded. Even an old dying orc landed a hit.
    "The blatant sexism being thrown around by some". See the word at the end? Words have meaning. One could almost believe that you're entirely emotional right now or something...

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...5#post51826035

People being angry because they didn't get what they want out of the canon are so tiresome. This and the prospects of what's to come beats the shit out of Bolvar becoming another Arthas, ANY day.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    My problem with it is how badly Bolvar loses. He gets completely stomped. It was pitiful to watch. Doesn't matter how much it's explained. Still sucks.

Agreed. I'm actually fine if they want to make this an epic battle and her current alliance makes her have some advantage the Lich King doesn't anticipate. But this fight was pathetic and trivialized an EPIC character. What a fuck up for Blizz. I LOVE their cinematics; but this was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofCazicThule View Post
    He had the power of the Helm of Domination. It helped with with necromancy and apparently gave him frost magic. He didn't have Frostmourne which would have helped narrow the playing field. He may have been called the Lich King, but he wasn't the BAMF that Arthas was. The sooner people come to terms with that the better.

It doesn't matter though, Sylvanus has been gaining power this entire expansion (and even staring when she killed herself after WotLK apparently). Every person that's died since that moment has been giving her a power increase. And despite the fact that it could have been shown better, there's been plenty of hints that she's been getting stronger and a lot of people are dying this expansion. I'm sorry your head canon goes against this.
    Exactly.

People are reacting like angry fans of X idea rather than people following a story that's ongoing. It's so reminiscent of the debates seen from traditionalist historians that it's downright fascinating. Tells a tale of just how much the story, warts and all, draws people in.

Either way, I'm glad, pleasantly surprised even, since I was more or less sure that we'd see another WOTLK, just with modern textures and features.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-03 at 03:58 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "The blatant sexism being thrown around by some". See the word at the end? Words have meaning. One could almost believe that you're entirely emotional right now or something...
    i can read the truth in his words

People being angry because they didn't get what they want out of the canon are so tiresome. This and the prospects of what's to come beats the shit out of Bolvar becoming another Arthas, ANY day.
    yes, sure, its just because we don't get what we want, expect some lv of coherency in the story is not rly the problem, but like i said,they can get away with a simple card like you showed
    He had the power of the Helm of Domination. It helped with with necromancy and apparently gave him frost magic. He didn't have Frostmourne which would have helped narrow the playing field.
    Frostmoune is just a magic weapon, is not the source of the Lich king power, the player have an improved version of it

he should have the power to deliver a proper fight

It doesn't matter though, Sylvanus has been gaining power this entire expansion (and even staring when she killed herself after WotLK apparently). Every person that's died since that moment has been giving her a power increase. And despite the fact that it could have been shown better, there's been plenty of hints that she's been getting stronger and a lot of people are dying this expansion.
    yeah people are fine with her getting power from someone else ass in the spawn of one expansion and stramrolling the LK with no resistance

I'm sorry your head canon goes against this.
    what the heck headcanon i said?

i literally just said they should have handled the fight better and make her run for the money, at least a proper fight when he could land a hit, she just show herself almighty and everybody is ok because a shallow excuse

that is not headcanon, expect the lich king do something after waiting for ten years

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

I'm not really sure why so many people are hung up on this whole idea of "landing a hit on her," as the end-all and be-all of their tussle, to be honest. Sylvanas lands nothing on Bolvar either, at least not in the substantive sense - the arrows she puts into his armor do no effective damage, and he no-sells all of her attacks the same way she does and Sylvanas looks pretty disconcerted during Bolvar's Remorseless Winter attack, when she only barely dodges his second attack and his third is a complete surprise as it's actually a chuck of Icecrown Citadel that she just barely avoids by turning insubstantial. Even her hurling her own piece of the citadel at Bolvar is no-selled as he destroys it, but the chains that had formed around him seem to be actively draining him as well (and he wasn't aware of their purpose or even their existence until it was too late).

Basically the two dance pretty evenly around one another for the duration of the fight, equally matched until Sylvanas plays the proverbial ace up her sleeve by using the Death chains to snare Bolvar in place and drain away his power until she can get the Helm off of him.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    People being angry because they didn't get what they want out of the canon are so tiresome.
    Very much so. The rampant rabid frustration has made me like Sylvanas even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not really sure why so many people are hung up on this whole idea of "landing a hit on her," as the end-all and be-all of their tussle, to be honest. Sylvanas lands nothing on Bolvar either, at least not in the substantive sense - the arrows she puts into his armor do no effective damage, and he no-sells all of her attacks the same way she does and Sylvanas looks pretty disconcerted during Bolvar's Remorseless Winter attack, when she only barely dodges his second attack and his third is a complete surprise as it's actually a chuck of Icecrown Citadel that she just barely avoids by turning insubstantial. Even her hurling her own piece of the citadel at Bolvar is no-selled as he destroys it, but the chains that had formed around him seem to be actively draining him as well (and he wasn't aware of their purpose or even their existence until it was too late).

Basically the two dance pretty evenly around one another for the duration of the fight, equally matched until Sylvanas plays the proverbial ace up her sleeve by using the Death chains to snare Bolvar in place and drain away his power until she can get the Helm off of him.
    For some reason, everything needs to be a DBZ-style protracted flex fest in order to be believable.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm not really sure why so many people are hung up on this whole idea of "landing a hit on her," as the end-all and be-all of their tussle, to be honest.
    because he - we knowing who he is - show himself as pathetic weakling, and her as almighty and powerful, the fight was not enjoyable when someone is lv 100 and the other lv 1

Sylvanas lands nothing on Bolvar either, at least not in the substantive sense - the arrows she puts into his armor do no effective damage,
    she did, not just with the arrow but with the giant rock that she throw with her own hands at his face, that made him weak enough to be chained, a rock that she cut trough with her own arrow

and he no-sells all of her attacks the same way she does and Sylvanas looks pretty disconcerted during Bolvar's Remorseless Winter attack, when she only barely dodges his second attack and his third is a complete surprise as it's actually a chuck of Icecrown Citadel that she just barely avoids by turning insubstantial
    disconcerted? she looked frustrated because he is hiding, and not even the chuck of icecrown could pierce the plot armor

she is that powerful she could have at least endure some damn hits, and the fight would be more coherent, enjoyable, and not that display.
    nope, can't see that, i can see a show and she could just have walked there, scream into his face(showing her true power, like she did breaking the helmet) and chained him by pure sheer strength,but apparently they wanted to humiliated the Lich king after 10 years of waiting and teasing

hell, excuse me if i expected t least a scratch like Saurfang did, but she was untouchable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by World Peace View Post
    For some reason, everything needs to be a DBZ-style protracted flex fest in order to be believable.
    funny you said that, but that fight was pure anime shit lv like dbz
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-11-03 at 04:25 AM.

yes, sure, its just because we don't get what we want, expect some lv of coherency in the story is not rly the problem, but like i said,they can get away with a simple card like you showed

Frostmoune is just a magic weapon, is not the source of the Lich king power, the player have an improved version of it

yeah people are fine with her getting power from someone else ass in the spawn of one expansion and stramrolling the LK with no resistance

i literally just said they should have handled the fight better and make her run for the money, at least a proper fight when he could land a hit, she just show herself almighty and everybody is ok because a shallow excuse

that is not headcanon, expect the lich king do something after waiting for ten years
    Frostmourne is not just "a magic weapon." The thing traps the souls of everyone it kills and adds the souls to its power (notice a theme?). It was a huge reason that Arthas became corrupted. It was a huge reason he got the boost.

The players got the broken shards without the souls it contained, if you're referring to the Frost weapon. Unless you're talking about Shadowmourne, which had a proc that had you steal a fragment of the enemy's soul to empower you and also damage the enemies around you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Frostmourne is not just "a magic weapon." The thing traps the souls of everyone it kills and adds the souls to its power (notice a theme?). It was a huge reason that Arthas became corrupted. It was a huge reason he got the boost.
    it is a magic weapon that the player have a better version of it, is powerful, but not the source of the Lich king power, but the helm, with had enough pwoer to broke the veil

The players got the broken shards without the souls it contained, if you're referring to the Frost weapon. Unless you're talking about Shadowmourne, which had a proc that had you steal a fragment of the enemy's soul to empower you and also damage the enemies around you.
    the frostmourne reforged and the Apocalypse are stronger weapons than old frostmourne

Bolvar LK = / = The LK
    Arthas LK = / = The LK

Did you not notice Bolvar's broken body fall once the helm of domination gets removed?
    Same with Arthas at the Wrath Gate. He only lived by the willpower and control of the helm of domination.

The helm is the real source of power and an entity unto itself. It's also the only thing keeping the undead from properly dying. Whatever power was in the helm, it wanted to / has always wanted to remain in control.

Sylvannas isn't the only one to want it destroyed either. KJ tasked Illidan to destroy the frozen throne in WC3. Even Malfurion, in communing with the dream, knew that Illidan's acts with the Eye of Sargeras would rip the lands of Northrend asunder. (And partially motivated his efforts to stop Illidan.)

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    powerful enough to raid wipe the entire raid. no other boss has ever done that.
    Argus literally just did this.

Disagree.

That would've been out of the left field and not at all built up. We all saw what it took to bring Sargeras into a state of imprisonment alone, nevermind killing him.

Seeing people out of the loop be this triggered over this whole thing is hilarious. Minus the blatant sexism being thrown around by some, obviously.

It's been a fact for quite some time that the Lich King has been immensely overhyped as the pinnacle of storytelling. People projecting that hype onto Bolvar, whom literally took over as a babysitter for the Scourge, is their issue.
    Agree, and it’s quite simple really. I’m not sure what all the fuming is for - this isn’t complicated. Maybe this is just nostalgia for the quality-of-life changes made to the game when WotLK came out?

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Fall of the Lich King
    As the forces of the Horde and Alliance made their way into Icecrown Citadel, it was revealed that Bolvar had been captured by the Scourge, having been kept somewhere between life and death by the flames of the red dragonflight which had also horrifically charred him beyond recognition.[8] He was tortured mercilessly by the Lich King. Despite the Lich King's extensive efforts to corrupt him, Bolvar refused to yield.

During the final battle with Arthas, atop Icecrown Citadel, Bolvar can be seen chained above the Frozen Throne.

Furthermore in BfA, the Lich King informed Vol'jin that he had been altered more than he realized and that as neither undead nor damned he did not belong in the Frozen Throne. The Lich King sent ghouls after them, forcing them to flee.

- wowpedia
    Oh, right, good job there, so not the crown alone but also the magic fire of the red dragonflight, changes nothing, Bolvar was only somewhat strong/unusual because of the lich king's crown. Sylvanas on the other hand was empowered by Helya and has Xal'atath. He basically went Hulk Smash! while she was also smarter than him used an actual tactic. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

the player had an improved version of it and because of that the deathlord (player dk) was deemed stronger than bolvar. BOLVAR IS A FUCKING PLACEHOLDER FOR THE CROWN, GET IT OVER TO YOUR THICK SKULLS LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Pretty much this, yeah. It was a big moment, kind of a debut for him after some seriously scary implications in Legion (do the DK campaign and see what I mean), so for him to get trounced so easily was disappointing. Even if it ultimately does make sense, given her deal with the Jailer.
    It was a poorly choreographed fight. Even if they want to play it as Sylvanas being too far above Bolvar to contend with, I wasn't a fan of the "force" like rock throwing between the two. The only exciting part was Bolvar using Remoseless Winter since I think the arrows turning into chains ability was BS too. Apparently her magic just does whateverTF she wants it to do, which isn't surprising since she's comically OP.

I've thought all along that Bolvar was planning for something and the fact that we assembled his Four Horsemen only for them not to be there seemed particularly telling. He may have known he was going to lose and sent them off somewhere. As far as the DK campaign, Bolvar has legitimate reasons for hating the red dragonflight and Light's Hope was a test for Darion. As a former paladin, he would've known the DKs stood no chance there. Superficially, his actions looked bad, but I never thought he was turning evil and that seems confirmed based on what we saw at Blizzcon.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by awadh View Post
    because of that the deathlord (player dk) was deemed stronger than bolvar.
    [Citation needed]
    the Ebon blade and the player wiling became agents of the LK, not the other way around

He is stronger, he is the Lich king, the fight could be done better for him to lose convincingly at least.
    BOLVAR IS A FUCKING PLACEHOLDER FOR THE CROWN, GET IT OVER TO YOUR THICK SKULLS LOL
    no he is not, but that is not relevant to the point, nice to completely miss the point

the lich king at his mightiest time of icc was defeated by 25 lvl 80s!
    Tirion was killed by krosus(not a fancy almighty over-powered demon!), and he was able to unshackle himself from LK magic and broke the Frostmourne with a sinlge swing which led to arthas' death ! also at the end of dk campaign he forced lk and his army to flee back to icc !
    so i dont know what makes you think of him with an insane power in an invincible position ! his power was shitloads of scourge swarming places which is no longer a thing.
    during the wotlk most of lich king lieutenant and army was destroyed by us and argent down ! so lich king is way much weaker than before.
    what made the lich king a strong character was the soul of the fallen champion he fed to his sword ! now sylvanas has same perk at a much stronger level with a much stronger character supporting her ! shes wielding a power that people like Thalyssra or Jaina hasnt ever witnessed before !

Lich King losing that easy was bullshit

power of femenism

Too many wow babies on here. What made Arthas strong was not the crown, it was the sword. The crown just completed the form. He defeated Illidan without the crown.