I'm worrying quite a bit about many types of content that were supposed to be the focus for the deep dive panel.

Mainly classes as the work done in bfa was not impressive, and they teased before blizzcon that they wanted to put the focus on classes instead of spec.
    Therefore we were to expect more information than just X spell and Y spell are making a comeback without any real explanation as to why when they spent so much time at wod explaining why the spell doesn't belong in the game.

For example, healing stream totem; they argued that it's cool to have totems but pressing a button every 30s for a passive heal that is barely noticeable is not good modern design. Why the hell are you bringing that back then???! Same goes for Hunter's mark and many other spells...

For Bfa we used azerite armors, which brought a different type of gear. It will without a doubt go away in shadowlands, but... what do we get instead? are we back to tier set ? (apparently not) will we get stuff with random procs or class effects? Nope, no information again.

Professions will be updated as the what's next panel tells us, but without any core phylosophy exposed... so we continue on the materials management interface, gather-craft simulator, no new mini game associated to it or no rework?

There were so little information about MM+ dungeon, the fact that HM dungeon serves almost no purpose in the game has not been touched...

For people expecting a pvp update, I feel for you, as nothing more than warmode stays has been said. So no plan to expand on the pvp islands? no new arenas? no new pvp systems to get excited about?

The expansion reveal was great until the deep dive. This is utter disappointment... I really wish for them to release an in depth presentation video soon vecause for the moment it seems like the game might not be ready for 2020. And if it is true then we might have another WoD situation where the environments look good but they give up on the expansion 6months in.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    1 question, as I do not really get it. Why Sylvanas initially wanted to invade Teldrassil instead of burning it if the highest possible killcount was always her goal?
    Maybe to draw in more faction troops to kill? But seems like it was always her intent to burn the tree in the end
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Revaniter92 View Post
    Well, before confirmation my guess was still that new DK starting zone takes place before the cinematic. Bolvar is clearly prepared for Sylvanas - he wears armor, no longer stays in the ice and has a nice mace. So it makes sense that he raised the DKs in order to repel her attack.

Good job guys (DKs) tho ^^
    I don't think the guys in the cinematic were DKs...they looked more like undead scourge. And I don't think that the Bolvar was prepared or even knew she was coming. He would have caught her before even entering the citadel.
    Last edited by ExiHext; 2019-11-03 at 09:46 AM. Reason: His name is THE Bolvar!!

10+ Year Old Account
    the most disgusting thing about wow presentation on blizzcon was the moment where every horde stan in the room cheered at the image of burning teldrassil, a symbol of thousands people burned alive in a horrible act of genocide. this reaction speaks volumes

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    the most disgusting thing about wow presentation on blizzcon was the moment where every horde stan in the room cheered at the image of burning teldrassil, a symbol of thousands people burned alive in a horrible act of genocide. this reaction speaks volumes
    And calling a genocidal maniac their Queen still...

And then them all QQing when it was confirmed Alliance won the war...

I won't draw any RL equivalents but most probably see the irony

There is something obscenely obnoxious and annoying about people who use the term "stan"

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    When did the consensus suddenly become that Shadowlands will have a launch window far later than any previous expansion?
    Seems to me like we are looking at the exact same late Q3/Early Q4 release we always are.
    Because it's been mid-Q3 for two expansions.

I'm fine if Shadowlands takes till december. I'd rather they make a good xpac than rush it out like BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prophet June Bug View Post
    Because it's been mid-Q3 for two expansions.

I'm fine if Shadowlands takes till december. I'd rather they make a good xpac than rush it out like BfA.
    Yeah, last thing I want is "We depruned X classes in 9.0 and the other Y are coming in future patches"

Also, wonder if we will get all race heritage by the end of expac, feel like that was something that should've been available since launch

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    There is something obscenely obnoxious and annoying about people who use the term "stan"
    why because its very apt. Stalker fan. that is a Sylvanas fan to a tee

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    And calling a genocidal maniac their Queen still...
    Crowd went full Danuser.

Anyway, it's Blizzcon, literally filled with people who will cheer for anything Blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Erh. You guys know how to separate fantasy from reality, right?

I personally also cheer for the burning of Teldrassil and I love Sylvanas as a character.

I'll let you know I would not cheer for the burning of a city IRL, although Sylvanas IRL would be pretty hot.
    Oh, I much prefer people keeping that reaction to a fantasy universe since no harm is actually done unlike IRL events. Just that they are the WoW equivalent of extremest that support the doings of some previous RL event.

- - - Updated - - -

Crowd went full Danuser.

Anyway, it's Blizzcon, literally filled with people who will cheer for anything Blizzard.
    Now that's not true, there was considerably booing when pathfinder got announced

Now that's not true, there was considerably booing when pathfinder got announced
    Was this during the Q&A panel?

And yeah, there's Diablo immortal.

But in general people at a WoW panel will cheer for anything WoW bar some exceptions.

Who doesn't enjoy a good barbecue?
    Yohohoho

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope we get the owl race as playable.

Still waiting to get Tortollans too (afaik the use the panda skeleton)

- - - Updated - - -

Was this during the Q&A panel?

And yeah, there's Diablo immortal.

But in general people at a WoW panel will cheer for anything WoW bar some exceptions.
    So what you are saying is people cheer at stuff that seems interesting, exciting or what they liked (lore events) but boo at what they are displeased with?

So what you are saying is people cheer at stuff that seems interesting, exciting or what they liked (lore events) but boo at what they are displeased with?
    Yes, but even when it's clearly trash. Some people just mindlessly cheer without even considering the implications what they're cheering at (Sylvanas commiting genocide for instance).

When did the consensus suddenly become that Shadowlands will have a launch window far later than any previous expansion?
    Seems to me like we are looking at the exact same late Q3/Early Q4 release we always are.
    Because Blizzard has said that the game is far from ready? When asked if it will release near September the answer was 'think more towards December' and the lack of depth in the deep dive which hints at lots of things not being finalised yet.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because Blizzard has said that the game is far from ready? When asked if it will release near September the answer was 'think more towards December' and the lack of depth in the deep dive which hints at lots of things not being finalised yet.
    Think it has more to do with the site having it be out on Dec 31st or earlier, while Legion and BfA were Sept 31st or earlier

5+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands is ALREADY my have xpac. Literally love everything So far and for some reason it seems more exciting to me than any other xpac before. There's is so much mysterie and this completely new universe we're about to enter. Ahhh cant wait!!!

Maybe to draw in more faction troops to kill? But seems like it was always her intent to burn the tree in the end
    Maybe. It looks like they didnt knew back then what her real intentions were, but it wouldn't make sense and Im sure they knew.
    You're probably right. She would set it on fire with Horde troops on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Wait really?

That is exactly quite the shock. Really makes you wonder if Shadowlands is actually going ot be a WoD type expansion with only 3 large raids.
    What in the world are the developers working on if not getting Shadowlands out in the normal timeline?

That being said, i guess it could be PR speech, would not want to state a different time than what has been promised on the box just in case.
    The world revamp dream will never die!