Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Your wishes for Demon hunter in SHADOWLANDS

For me , bring back bloodlet, fel rush utility (damage wise) and most of artifact traits.

Plus something new for the flavor.

I was hoping for some new race choices for demon hunters or maybe a "choose faction" type option for demon hunters so we could be blood elf dh on alliance or night elf dh on horde.

I doubt demon hunters get new race options or they would have announced it already. I'd sell my left nut to be an orc dh

Literally any other race apart from Belf for Horde, their stance is beyond annoying.

I doubt they will do anything tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2k View Post
    I doubt demon hunters get new race options or they would have announced it already. I'd sell my left nut to be an orc dh
    I'm setting up a private server where you can. Now you will be really able to say: "I've sacrificed everything! What have you given?". Careful what you wish for.

But bad jokes aside, I guess hoping for new cool abilities is probably too much but I would like for my DH to be able to use sigils regardless of spec. Sigil of Flame looks MUCH cooler as a dps aoe spell than Immolation Aura.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I'm setting up a private server where you can. Now you will be really able to say: "I've sacrificed everything! What have you given?". Careful what you wish for.

But bad jokes aside, I guess hoping for new cool abilities is probably too much but I would like for my DH to be able to use sigils regardless of spec. Sigil of Flame looks MUCH cooler as a dps aoe spell than Immolation Aura.
    Well they made a comment that active abilities on talents were being taken down and just given back to classes baseline, and she have a lot of active abilities so maybe we getting a lot more buttons that way?

Not really sure, we have a buff we bring already. I just hope others can't bring it also (keeps a raid spot open)

I want Vengeance to get a total overhaul maybe spirit bomb baseline and soul cleave just removed or made more relevant. With Havoc i would like to see some other talents getting used (Except momentum, that could be removed and i would not care, always thought it was dumb).

Obviously more race options would be nice i get it does not fit in the law, but nether does having a garrisons as a DH ether or any of the new races having one or legendary weapons and class halls. Get chromie to send us back for "training" or something.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2019-11-03 at 03:37 PM.

It'll be very interesting to see how they "unprune" DH to keep it in line with the amount of spells and utility other classes will be receiving with their aura's or totems back in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ji Firepaw
    Wow you are some kind of gorgeous aren't you? I can tell we are going to be good friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2k View Post
    Well they made a comment that active abilities on talents were being taken down and just given back to classes baseline, and she have a lot of active abilities so maybe we getting a lot more buttons that way?
    When did they say that? I must have missed it
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

I wouldn't mind seeing every tank get their spell damage mitigation cooldown back. Off the top of my head, that and the artifact abilities are all the Demon Hunter had that could be unpruned, but please feel free to politely correct me on that.

More on the wish list side of things, I'd love to see a flight form where the wings unfurl and are retained until you dismount yourself, with a casting time like the worgen's running self-mount for balance purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    When did they say that? I must have missed it
    I think it was day 1 when they were first talking about giving class abilities back to the classes on the whats next panel iirc? I don't remember if they specified ALL active abilities were being take off the talent rows, or just a few for the 'un-pruning'

Honestly, I wish chaos strike crit refund fury back, not just flat 40%, so that I will be happy when I get a crit gear.
    Also bloodlet back to make the momentum build workable again.

The class is just not fun to play now, just eyebeam and blade dance..

a lot of good suggestions so far in here tbh.

sigils baseline would be dreamy
    another race choice would be tops
    i don't want a ranged spec, im happy with the two spec class, especially if they pull a lot of abilities back to baseline (so you can eb as venge for example or fel barrage or what have you). The only things I really think should remain spec specific are the movement abilities. dh would be broken if they could double dash and double leap in a single spec.

I think venge needs a small rework. It is in an okay spot at the moment, but it feels super clunky and it has no real snap threat. It really just needs like two high threat, damaging abilities on the gcd but not tied to souls, one of which is basically thunderclap. the self healing is on point, the armour is great right now, its just that snap threat that i struggle with in raids (orgozoa adds) or m+ with big pumpers. I'd probably make demon spikes a self cast buff that is just on, and reduce it by 10%, i'd go so far as to just have venge always in meta and remove meta from the spec (for no other reason than it looks heckin sick).

Havoc is in a pretty great spot. bfia, fbdb and da are all viable, competitive and rankable specs. I'd change how soul frags work for havoc so it can be tracked, but strafing and jumping like an autist isn't a huge issue at the end of the day. I think early on fury starving is a big problem and dh is basically the old cata fire mage. you're gonna be shit until you hit that stat point. idk I'd probably do something like da is baseline but it grants 15 fury and soul frag heal is cut by like 60%. bake it and probably demonic into the spec.

No RNG component at all please.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Literally any other race apart from Belf for Horde, their stance is beyond annoying.
    I'd love a Nightborne DH (even if the Belf racial is massively superior). But obviously, they feel like they need a compelling lore reason for introducing new race/class matches, so I'm not holding my breath ...

I hope they make Demon Blades baseline replacing demon's bite, demon's bite is kinda pointless to have at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    I hope they make Demon Blades baseline replacing demon's bite, demon's bite is kinda pointless to have at this point.
    That would completely ruin the class for me. The best thing about it is having zero downtime.

For myself, I just want to be able to be a void elf demon hunter and not yell like an idiot like the blood elf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Not really sure, we have a buff we bring already. I just hope others can't bring it also (keeps a raid spot open)

I want Vengeance to get a total overhaul maybe spirit bomb baseline and soul cleave just removed or made more relevant. With Havoc i would like to see some other talents getting used (Except momentum, that could be removed and i would not care, always thought it was dumb).

Obviously more race options would be nice i get it does not fit in the law, but nether does having a garrisons as a DH ether or any of the new races having one or legendary weapons and class halls. Get chromie to send us back for "training" or something.
    I agree the current talent tree for Vengeance is a little wonky. I can sympathize with having different spenders for our Fragments, the shield on a CD, a strong heal, or a damage/debuff that heals, but honestly, the Shield and Spirit Bomb need to be passives that apply their effects to EVERY Fragment you spend via Soul Cleave, and the competing third talent should be the same. They should just read 'whenever you consume a fragment' you either get a shield to go with the heal, or you explode for AoE damage and apply the leech debuff, or shorten the cooldown on spikes.

5+ Year Old Account
    1 request...

MOAR LAZERS!!!!!

But seriously they should add in all the artifact traits and some Azerite spell and essences in there.