View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    I did not expect to be so dissapointed with WC3:R during Blizzcon. It feels like they have only been taking away stuff rather than giving. I recently finished the entire campaign on hard and have no real interest to replay if its going to be the exact same thing with just other graphics. Still holding out on a proper new world editor. Its sad that the development of this game feels so wonky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I did not expect to be so dissapointed with WC3:R during Blizzcon. It feels like they have only been taking away stuff rather than giving. I recently finished the entire campaign on hard and have no real interest to replay if its going to be the exact same thing with just other graphics. Still holding out on a proper new world editor. Its sad that the development of this game feels so wonky.
    The world editor will receive a lot of new tools, they're excited about what the community will create. Also, they've said that they will update the game with content after its initial release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    It feels that everytime blizzard has chance to gain some good will back they have to mess up. Its sad that they are clearly going with minimum effort approach after all.

Lazy as fuck, and almost certainly done because the schedule slipped and they were going to go past deadline.

They should've delayed it and included all the features they said it'd have, rather than wasting all the model work on a copy-paste.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Lazy as fuck, and almost certainly done because the schedule slipped and they were going to go past deadline.

They should've delayed it and included all the features they said it'd have, rather than wasting all the model work on a copy-paste.
    I preordered the game back then because I was hyped for all the new updates they talked about.

I'm not going to cancel it, I'll still buy the game but in a way, I certainly feel cheated.

As long as it includes Skibi's Castle HD then I don't care what they strip or add.

I'm not expecting it to be included but if it is I know I'll probably get enough hours out of that minigame alone to justify the cost :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm a tad confused by people's disappointment. I thought most folks didn't want stuff changed or added to Reforged, out of the concern that it would retcon previous lore or push certain, writer-favored characters? Apparently, Blizzard itself sights the "mixed response" as their reasoning for no longer adding or changing anything.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but a better looking and technically modern WCIII is pretty much all I was looking foreword to with Reforged, since that's what we got with the StarCraft remaster.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    I preordered the game back then because I was hyped for all the new updates they talked about.

I'm not going to cancel it, I'll still buy the game but in a way, I certainly feel cheated.
    Same here.

I really think it's a deadline issue. They have less than two months more for this and they need to get it in stores or give people a refund, so they're scrapping everything they can to rush the release date.

I wouldn't even be mad if they just didn't release the campaigns at first and only had multiplayer, then added the campaigns in when they're done. There's so much effort and variety put into the models and it'd be such a waste to have them be nothing but custom map fodder while we're playing WC3 HD edition.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

so basiccaly we are paying full price for a reskin ? no added features no campain rework ?? think im out lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Surely they'd add new voices for those? It's only in custom games anyway and not campaign right?
    Probably. They stated that they won't be changing anything in the campaign.

But they said that they're keeping the old voices and are NOT recording any new. Which is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post

As I wrote plenty of times already - I'd rather wait a few months more just to see the game fully prepared. Same goes for the campaign. I'd like to see the new version of it. Maybe they'll add them in the patches in the future.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2019-11-03 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And honestly I wouldn't be surprised considering how WoW fans are completely done with Sylvanas as a character.
    Not completely. I want more of her.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Why are people scared of some "retcon" action in warcraft reforged (or any blizzard game in general)

Lore is whatever Blizzard thinks will currently fit their plans about what they want to show/tell. If they add something to it, people will just have to accept that because that is what's going to happen anyway and it happens roughly every year/expansion
    People can always play the old wc3 campaign with new models. The maps will still work after all.
    So not adding any new voices and not adding new missions etc. would be completely on blizzard and them not being able to release the game in 2019 otherwise or something(?). I don't see how the community had any say in this.

Blizzard doesn't design their stories with things in mind that happened X years/expansions ago. They add whatever seems to be "cool" whenever they want too. This is how it was and always will be. Decades of interview and gaming material proof this. When you hear them talk about "EPIC BATTLES" and "EPIC TWISTS" and all that, then it's exactly that. It's about having a cool action moment and not about creating a coherent world. They basically decide that they want something and then design their story around that something, and when it can't be done, they'll change up a thing or two. It's not like they plan their stories years ahead.

So I absolutely see no problem in adding content/story to an old game whatsoever... because when Blizzard needs it, they'll just add more to their backstories (about which you never heard anything before) and you'd have to buy the books to understand it, instead of getting to play it out in a new game (which would've/could've been Reforged)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-11-03 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    It looks like the campaign will be a quick copy-paste from the original with some new art... I was so looking forward to seeing these new cutscenes in every mission, I'm very disappointed that they're gone - a fresh, upgraded campaign experience was the #1 reason for my Reforged prepurchase and right now it seems that it's just not going to be there. I'm legit thinking about getting a refund
    Me too. Campaign reskins will be surely available as mods to original Warcraft 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarethion View Post
    I wouldn't mind that either - heck, I could have easily waited even another year or so.
    Yes. I am patient. I want new campaign, not HD melee maps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by karzal View Post
    True, the article just talks about retcons. Didn't read it properly before and I read various responses, which may have misled me a bit... should've just read it the first time. Thing is, though, and I know I'm one of the few here, I was actually hoping for a bit of extra story.... I like the lore of Warcraft and the more time I can spend on a campaign, the better. Already hoping for extra campaigns as part of FLC/DLC.
    I hope we will still get new things, like Anasterian. I just don't want them to change original story where it is possible to keep it. Basically I want them to add but not remove.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

not gonna lie, I was kinda disappointed with the Deep dive,I felt like not alot was really revealed, And was real said that no release date was even brought up. Seems the Estimated release date might be the real one this rate

So here’s a question: how could the will of the majority accurately be measured?

There are people who wanted retcons and people who didn’t; both groups claims to represent most fans. What means would be required to figure out the truth?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Anyway, didn't they advertise x+ hours of new reforged-in game cutscenes?
    They aren't seriously scrapping that and say "well, they have the reforge graphics now!"
    They can always say that new models mean reforged. They take 4+ hours in original, just as they promise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    I'm very disappointed they are only changing Stratholme. I wanted to see Dalaran, Lordaeron, and Silvermoon resemble their WoW counterparts. I hope they are still going with that plan.
    Yes. I will accept the delay if they will make it properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Thank god they keep the original voice acting, perfect.
    No. Original Polish Jaina is shit.

I never really cared about all the retcons in WoW, the story was all over the place anyway, so changes here and there didn't bother me, however Golden touching W3 story was my biggest worry in Reforged. Funny how I kept seeing the same opinions all over the place, and now some of the same people are crying rivers Oh well. Can't keep everyone happy.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    'Mixed responses'. Of course, fucking of course.

Man honestly, why the hell would someone complain about adding some new missions? Christ, it's 'reforged' not 'remastered'.
    I would really like to know where all these mixed responses came from, since I've honestly seen more people bummed out by the ideas being scrapped than people who didn't want them. A shame, since I was really looking forward to seeing a different perspective on the WarCraft 3 story. I am still going to play the game, since WC3 is my favourite game of all time, but I wouldn't have honestly minded adding stuff from WoW into the story when appropriate. Also would have helped fixing some of the more glaring lore inconsistencies made by future retcons by revising the script a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    I would really like to know where all these mixed responses came from, since I've honestly seen more people bummed out by the ideas being scrapped than people who didn't want them. A shame, since I was really looking forward to seeing a different perspective on the WarCraft 3 story. I am still going to play the game, since WC3 is my favourite game of all time, but I wouldn't have honestly minded adding stuff from WoW into the story when appropriate. Also would have helped fixing some of the more glaring lore inconsistencies made by future retcons by revising the script a bit.
    I think this was one of the first threads on the official forums: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wa...rible-idea/806

my hype is like completely gone...
    I wouldn't mind to wait >1 year to get an amazing reforged game
    but now I'm somehow glad I didn't prorder yet and I not even sure if it will be morth my money....