View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing in Shadowlands looks really interesting. Nothing about it hooked me in and with Pathfinder just one more reason not to buy this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I really hope you dont play classic then.

As for flying as always i think its fine. Flying is not necessary in WoW. The only use for it is for pvp ganking as well as gathering. It serves no use otherwise as ground travel works just fine. Just get over it. Your not getting flying to launch an expansion. Also 90% of the game you can still fly in. Stop complaining about the 10% you cant.
    Stop telling people how they can or cant enjoy the game. And PVP ganking? LOL thats such a very minuscule amount its negligible . I spent a lot of time collecting mounts that can fly. I enjoy the game much better by being able to fly. I play a druid who has a flight form that gets invalidated because "reasons" . You don't like flying that's fine put a toggle in the game to turn it off. I realize you just want to be edgy and argue.

And in Classic was set up with out flying, there was better reason to stay on the ground, more quests an things to explore. Since Cata thats not been the case since terrain design has been garbage
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I play classic and like it fine without flying, different game.

ground travel works just fine. Just get over it.
    Ground travel is annoying as fucking piss shit. Just get over it. THe game is much more enjoyable with flying.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2019-11-03 at 11:55 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Put backpacks like in mechagone, crafting required, consumables, cant fly too high or get shooted down, time limited.
    So the one who want flying at all cost will fly, and dont bother us who dont mind waiting anymore.

It is ok like that ?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I play WoW for raiding/arena/RBGs/occasional WPVP, not to spam world quests every 18 hours.
    I havent unsubscribed from the start of bfa. I play wow for rated and non-rated pvp, m+, and normal (heroic) raiding. I havent spammed world quests every 18hours. Am i doing it bad? (probably not)

It's become a bi-annual tradition of this thread popping up, the same group of people cat fighting about it on both sides, and sane people standing on the sidelines chuckling. I think by now it's pretty obvious this is the compromise Blizzard is willing to make between them wanting to cut flying all together and keeping it in the game for those that like it or not. Agree with it or disagree doesn't sewm to matter just like most things in WoW because those that care enough to not buy the expansion are a minority and for the same reason other "problems" won't get fixed is all the same. Probably by the end of the month 10 million mouth breathers will throw thier preorder at the game muting any concerns because the whole thing will be profitable before a beta even lands.

Thats just the way of the world these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Buh-bye. Won’t miss you.

I mean seriously, why not just...I dunno...enjoy the fucking game and have fun instead of bitching about not flying instantly.

Jesus, you fuckers want everything given to you at the start.
    because it used to be (or at least as soon as you hit max level) and now they hide it behind the guise of content.

you just pounded out 10 new levels and you hit 60. ok, now instead of being able to do some fun things like actually exploring and taking in the new zones (don't even start with "errr you have to explore every zone to get the achievement" crap, nobody is paying attention to shit except their quests while they're leveling) or finishing up all the left over quests, you have to grind rep for a 2 part achievement that will take 6 months all together. that...sucks...ass...man...

granted, with the flight whistle it isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

is the OP's complaint worn out? yes. does that mean you should be a shit about it? no.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-11-03 at 12:14 PM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

good, let us explore the newly created zones before flying straight over them!

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    If Raids and Instanced PvP are what you do the most, why does it matter that you can fly?
    You can get everywhere on foot. The devs should remove every mount from the game.

I dont really understand why people complain about this or "I wont be preordering" for starters the achievement to get path finding you get from doing the content anyway? secondly, Wow Fuck blizzard for making us explore a brand new world right?

IT makes me laugh when people go "I wont be buying it till flying comes in" You do know if you do that it means you have to back track for path finding 1 and 2 so its an even longer grind for you.

Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    Lol what?
    Pathfinder is not an issue and even without flying you can move freely in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    Explore? All the majority do is go from Quest to quest and not explore because the game holds your hand the entire way and tells you EXACTLY where to go. Shall I assume you play the game with zero add ons then?

10+ Year Old Account

As for flying as always i think its fine. Flying is not necessary in WoW. The only use for it is for pvp ganking as well as gathering. It serves no use otherwise as ground travel works just fine. Just get over it. Your not getting flying to launch an expansion. Also 90% of the game you can still fly in. Stop complaining about the 10% you cant.
    I could take all your favourite features and say their not necessary in wow.

Here is a super Crazy Idea, Blizzard could design Zones and quests With flying in mind! OR Our flying mounts can be used to actually fight . We could use armor on them, we can equip weapons or spells. JEsus christ there is fucking Space Battle ships in this game, helicopters, Jest fighters Flying fortresses but they cant design leveling quests that utilize flight? These Devs have no creativity and Blizzard just wants to fucking penny pinch the development to be super cost effective.

I mean its not like we have classes that are able to fly with out a mount coughDruidcough . God Forbid that was incorporated into the game from the start. Lets do one better for teh No flyers, take away all mounts. No need to use a mount just walk every where, no running. You will enjoy the scenery much better that way . Because taking a hour or 2 to do 1 quest is very immersive

avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    You have no idea what roleplayers are like, so, maybe consider not speaking for them. Roleplayers don't care about flying, because they're going to use whatever mode of transportation makes sense in the given situation. If anything, RPers are probably more for flying than against it, since you have the option of flying in character when appropriate, then.

And as for world PvPers, yeah, I see their point. And I actually think flying should just not be enabled at all in war mode. The point is that the people enabling it want to fight, so something that provably makes the mode less prone to that shouldn't be a part of it.

Which is the part of the argument where the real reason a lot of people play war mode comes out of, course. 10% more rewards. Well, if you don't like PvP, don't use the mode, otherwise, suck it up. That's really all there is to that argument. Just like PvP servers, back in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexaniro View Post
    "explore" away during leveling. But after hitting level cap and finishing the zones theres really no excuse not to have access to flying besides their obvious intent of making everything more tedious and time consuming because its a game designed for Bobby Kotick's spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    I mean seriously, why not just...I dunno...enjoy the fucking game and have fun instead of bitching about not flying instantly.

Jesus, you fuckers want everything given to you at the start.
    I'm enjoying the game more now when we have flying, so telling someone how to enjoy it is stupid and retarded. Prolonging the content is just lazy way of making a game, there is no reason why you can't have flying at the start, people who don't wanna fly don't have to....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsoup View Post
    Unsubbing because you can't fly off the bat?

Thank god you're not playing Shadowlands, I wouldn't want to play with you.
    Totally agree, we don't need players like that ingame!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I'm enjoying the game more now when we have flying, so telling someone how to enjoy it is stupid and retarded. Prolonging the content is just lazy way of making a game, there is no reason why you can't have flying at the start, people who don't wanna fly don't have to....
    It's not about prolonging the game, it about giving the player the best immersive experience.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post

It's not about prolonging the game, it about giving the player the best immersive experience.
    I their opinion. Best immersion in game I have is with flying. Doing same WQ for a year, killing smse mobs for a year, same World Bosses... Isn't immersive. If you wanna be immersed then remove all mounts until you reach max lvl for that expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Explore? All the majority do is go from Quest to quest and not explore because the game holds your hand the entire way and tells you EXACTLY where to go. Shall I assume you play the game with zero add ons then?
    don't be a meanie! <3

OT: A fantastic design choice. I'm glad Blizz didn't give into the single player crowd - we adore an immersive zone experience - flying teleportation can come later!

15+ Year Old Account
    No Inn or place to set the heartstone in The Maw (zone) and probably no flightmasters either, prepare to walk.
    I expect the forums to overflow with QQ