Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    if they dont reverse the ridiculous GCD change, then none of this matters because all that did was make every class slow and clunky to play
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    1. Wait for the Deep Dive, guys!
    2. Wait for the Q&A! They're sure to answer everything there!
    3. Wait for the Alpha! It's stupid to argue before we even get to play the game.
    4. Wait for the Beta! The game was clearly in an unfinished stage in Alpha!
    5. Wait for the first patch! They weren't able to get everything fixed in time, but by the first patch, I'm sure they will!
    6. Wait for the second patch! The first patch is always a bit messy with every expansion, guys.
    7. Wait for the third patch! The last patch will redeem this expansion.
    8. Wait for the next expansion! After they fucked up this expansion so bad, there's no chance in hell that the next expansion could be bad.
    Yes, great. Complain without seeing anything. This really helps.

Wait for beta and then give constructive feedback. If they don't fix it until premiere, then you can be angry at them.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    if they dont reverse the ridiculous GCD change, then none of this matters because all that did was make every class slow and clunky to play
    this x1000

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Yes, great. Complain without seeing anything. This really helps.

Wait for beta and then give constructive feedback. If they don't fix it until premiere, then you can be angry at them.
    If we wait til beta it’s too late. Nearly nothing changed from BfA beta to release in that regard. That’s why Azerite gear launched in its pitiful state. That’s why IE launched in horrible state. That’s why classes launched in their lame ass f state.

If it’s beta it’s already way too late.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Spurious View Post
    This is literally the same shit as all those "wait for the deep dive" idiots said
    Blizz themselves admitted as much that they don't even know yet what decisions they are going to make in regards to SEVERAL gameplay aspects and design choices, but sure you keep on believing you got all the info to fuel that hate brotha! To hell with em

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The "reworked" classes weren't part of the demo as far as I know. That doesn't mean you shouldn't show us at least one example of a reworked spec and how they approach changes / improvements for classes and specs in general (when it comes to gameplay).
    It is quite dissappointing. Currently we can only trust that they will do classes properly, as they have more time and resources for that than they had in Legion.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I mean, they just made their task so much easier. With supposedly every level giving you something that would mean they have to add a ton of abilities, talents or passives. Now if they bring a lot of abilities back, they don't need to do anything new, you will just get a random frost spell as a fire mage and you are supposed to be excited about it lol
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2k View Post
    Blizz themselves admitted as much that they don't even know yet what decisions they are going to make in regards to SEVERAL gameplay aspects and design choices, but sure you keep on believing you got all the info to fuel that hate brotha! To hell with em
    This is the same horseshit that was spewed during BFA. You lot said the same nonsense " wait for Alpha, Wait for Beta, Wait for 8.0" And by then it was all too late, and blizzard didn't fix shit. BFA launched with Horrible Island expeditions and the War fronts were a fucking joke. Players were saying for many months that BFA was shaping up to be complete shit and it was actually worse. But the Fucking Blizzard Defense force comes out and tries to downplay everyone criticisms. So yeah thanks newly made low post sock puppet account

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    This is what also wonders me hard.
    So, uh, what do I get as Havoc? I'll keep with under 15 baseline abilities and my only use is thanks due to my magic debuff...?
    Well, you get what you chose when you started a DH. It was pretty apparend, that they were designed with simplicity in mind, even in Legion they were very simple to play. Only 2 specs were a symptom of that. So yeah, maybe you get your artifact ability back, but that will be it. And you shouldn't really complain about it.

Yeah, as an warlock mainly active in MoP I'm still extremely salty about the removal of the Meta-playstyle just to make DH possible. Even if Demo is the most fun spec for WL right now. But then again, Aff and Destro offer no competition in that regard and current Demo ist not even half the fun Meta warlock was, even in it's worst state.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is quite dissappointing. Currently we can only trust that they will do classes properly, as they have more time and resources for that than they had in Legion.
    What makes you think you can trust Blizzard these days? Their passionate work the last three expansions? Their lies? Their hollow words and lip service? Please. The only really good thing for WoW at this BlizzCon was the Art team, which also does the customization stuff i guess. Everything else was very vague, which tells that they have barely anything done they can show players and convince them, that this expansion will be good and worth playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    1. Wait for the Deep Dive, guys!
    2. Wait for the Q&A! They're sure to answer everything there!
    3. Wait for the Alpha! It's stupid to argue before we even get to play the game.
    4. Wait for the Beta! The game was clearly in an unfinished stage in Alpha!
    5. Wait for the first patch! They weren't able to get everything fixed in time, but by the first patch, I'm sure they will!
    6. Wait for the second patch! The first patch is always a bit messy with every expansion, guys.
    7. Wait for the third patch! The last patch will redeem this expansion.
    8. Wait for the next expansion! After they fucked up this expansion so bad, there's no chance in hell that the next expansion could be bad.
    This is exactly right and the truth based on experience the last three expansion we had.

Remember how BFA was supposed to be the bIg Old Gods expansion....and it was barely touched? Then on topof that they crammed in Aszhara and ny'lotha in shitty patches? Both could have been a entire expansion. Dont expect anything less from this team. They have no clear direction or goal, just pushing out the lowest effort shit they can and get as much money as they can before people get pissed off and quit for good. WOW is dead

If we wait til beta it’s too late. Nearly nothing changed from BfA beta to release in that regard. That’s why Azerite gear launched in its pitiful state. That’s why IE launched in horrible state. That’s why classes launched in their lame ass f state.

If it’s beta it’s already way too late.
    Beta is made to test. Complaining about clearly unfinished internal alpha is just pointless. If you haven't got level 60 and haven't tested covenants(I don't think they have many talents, maybe that talent tree was just one talent and some placeholder icons) and new classes(which didn't appear on Blizzcon demo) is like complaining about raw meat not being tasty.

This is the same horseshit that was spewed during BFA. You lot said the same nonsense " wait for Alpha, Wait for Beta, Wait for 8.0" And by then it was all too late, and blizzard didn't fix shit. BFA launched with Horrible Island expeditions and the War fronts were a fucking joke. Players were saying for many months that BFA was shaping up to be complete shit and it was actually worse. But the Fucking Blizzard Defense force comes out and tries to downplay everyone criticisms. So yeah thanks newly made low post sock puppet account
    So stating facts now is defending Blizz? I couldn't give less of care if you enjoy shadowlands or not, but the least you could do is give the devs a chance to fk it up (and they very likely will do just that)before you spam your post count with vitriol lol. If they themselves don't know exactly what they are doing yet how come you're so confident in your outrage? I'd say wait a few weeks until we get some big blue post that better explains things like class design and other things more fleshed out

If you hate the game so much how about you play a different one? Why does this specific game have such a hold over some ?

The "reworked" classes weren't part of the demo as far as I know. That doesn't mean you shouldn't show us at least one example of a reworked spec and how they approach changes / improvements for classes and specs in general (when it comes to gameplay).
    Yeah, if reworked/unpruned classes is one of your big features you'd expect some results in the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2k View Post
    So stating facts now is defending Blizz? I couldn't give less of care if you enjoy shadowlands or not, but the least you could do is give the devs a chance to fk it up (and they very likely will do just that)before you spam your post count with vitriol lol. If they themselves don't know exactly what they are doing yet how come you're so confident in your outrage? I'd say wait a few weeks until we get some big blue post that better explains things like class design and other things more fleshed out

If you hate the game so much how about you play a different one? Why does this specific game have such a hold over some ?
    People have dedicated over 15 years into this game , of course it has hold on them. And many like me, dont like the direction the game they love is taking . Its very frustrating to see over and over and over how Blizzard ignores the players, plays lip service and fails to deliver, only to have the bootlickers thank them and ask for more . Maybe you should stop telling people what to do Low post New sock puppet account

May vary from class to class, but as Shaman, the thing that i exactly feared seems to happen: They just restore some random abilities just for the sake of having more buttons.

As Elemental, i didn't like Searing totem, i was glad when it was gone, it was just a random ability that you pressed once per minute, you had to redrop if the boss moved too far away and ended up doing like 2-3% of your total damage without any beneficial effect coming out of it.

Same goes for Healing stream, i can bet that it will heal for barely anything without Resto spec.

On top of that, i have no idea what they want from the other two totems they've shown.
    One was the icon of Tremor Totem, a Totem that i already have, which will surely not become a 100% passive totem because of PvP.
    The other was tranquil air, which either reduces generated threat by 20% or reduces pushback, neither of them are terribly effective or useful.
    Granted, the threat reduction may be useful on skittish weeks (if they're smart enough to exclude tanks from the buff), but that's about it.

So yeah, this "big unpruning" might range from okay to just being a placebo from class to class.

People have dedicated over 15 years into this game , of course it has hold on them. And many like me, dont like the direction the game they love is taking . Its very frustrating to see over and over and over how Blizzard ignores the players, plays lip service and fails to deliver, only to have the bootlickers thank them and ask for more . Maybe you should stop telling people what to do Low post New sock puppet account
    You keep calling me a sock puppet account yet you just can't help yourself to respond to me each and every time I make a post. Why is that? For the same reason you are even here to begin with whining: you have no will power.

Go ahead and reply again with more insults and conjecture I will be right here waiting my friend. Don't worry I respect you even if you don't respect yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    So you're basically saying that you have enormous issues with sunk cost fallacy.
    If you don't like it my dude then don't play it, if you feel like you don't have any faith for Blizzard after the last 2 expansions then staying around and hoping that something changes is just wasted time.

There are lots of other stuff out there to do instead of sitting on a forum reminiscing about days long past.

I think with the few changes they've shown we might actually have a really good expansion here. Obviously the talents going baseline are going to be replaced, we haven't seen shit about the legendaries (which were game changing in Legion) and the same applies for the soulbinding.

Having consecration and hammer of wrath, shadow damaging spells, a damaging totem, curses and a defensive weapon switch based skill is quite a big deal in your everyday gameplay. And I highly doubt that's the only thing we'll see here.

I mean they probably thought the reception of some stuff returning would be larger, but obviously just finally getting things back is not exactly the same as getting something new. One is exciting, the other is relief. They also were super vague about everything and no clear cut example how it would work out, which makes the whole tweet just misleading in hindsight. I'm frankly not sure why they were hyped about anything, because they know better than anyone else that they don't have much to show yet besides the theme.

Also is it just me or was even the opening ceremony crowd mostly stone faced this time around? There was overall not a good vibe, the camera man that finally found someone that didn't look bored/apathetic keept going back to the same 2-3 persons over the course of 45 minutes because they couldn't anything else in regards to positive audience reception.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.