Page 1 of 2
LastLast

There must always be a lich king...

Was it really King Teranas that said that? Or was it something pretending to be him…?

King Teranas… His crown has a big blue gem in it.

Arthas… The helm of domination had a big blue gem in it.

Bolvar… The helm still has the big blue gem in it.

The Jailer… His crown has a big blue gem in it.

Coincidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like having a Lich King would be better than not having one at all, considering the Scourge is now running rampant again and all kinds of fucked up shit is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    It seems like having a Lich King would be better than not having one at all, considering the Scourge is now running rampant again and all kinds of fucked up shit is happening.
    Dont worry at the end of the day some NPC will shot the thing with some magic laser and then the raid runs in and kills it and on LFR half of them will be AFK, half of the people there will be complaining about something, and the other half of the people that are there will eventually kill it doing a 5th of the DPS of a average player.

World saved. Again.

7+ Year Old Account
    The gems on Terenas' crown are purple.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Dont worry at the end of the day some NPC will shot the thing with some magic laser and then the raid runs in and kills it and on LFR half of them will be AFK, half of the people there will be complaining about something, and the other half of the people that are there will eventually kill it doing a 5th of the DPS of a average player.

World saved. Again.
    Three halves don't make a whole. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Three halves don't make a whole. Or something.
    The good news is your lack of intellegence shows though here. Not to be an insult, but here is how it works how I said it.

1/2 are AFK

Then you have 1/2 that are not afk.

Then you take 1/2 of those that are not afk to do a.
    Then you take 1/2 of those that are not afk to do b.

So you now have a whole.

The good news is your lack of intellegence shows though here. Not to be an insult, but here is how it works how I said it.

1/2 are AFK

So you now have a whole.
    It's not that serious. They were making a joke.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

They might make up some new shit here, but from what we already know he was right. Not having a lich king will just cause the undead to mauraude across azeroth. What I don't really get is why we don't just start killing them all already (we had a couple of years time) while bolvar holds them down. It's not like there is some cosmic entity that spits out new undead on a conveyor belt, most of the current ones were made by arthas and the cult of the damned, both of which are no longer around.

Since the helm is broken now the whole point became meaningless though. No more lich king (unless we need to create a new one in the shadowlands) and tbh I can't really take the undead serious anymore. Without the scourge to lead them they are just mindless beasts that you can put down, not evil things that will actually try to use underhanded strategy against you.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    It's not that serious. They were making a joke.
    I am glad you were here to talk for them. The text gave it away so well.

That's a nice observation. His crown does look like the crown of the jailer.

Didn't Blizz say that the Jailer is someone completely new?
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    So let me understand the logic here. The Jailer, who just ordered Sylvanas to destroy the Crown of Domination and literally rip the universe a new one, also posed as Terenas to warn the world that someone must always wear the Crown of Domination at all times so that the universe doesn't literally get ripped a new one?

Ok, I think I follow.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

1/2 are AFK

So you now have a whole.
    Well, you said, and I quote "half of them will be AFK, half of the people there (...) and the other half of the people that are there (...)". People who are AFK are still there, so you have 3 halves that are there, but only 2 halves doing something. That doesn't add up. I think you meant half is AFK, quarter is doing A and a quarter is doing B.

Also, being insulting and then saying it's not an insult, doesn't really work. If you really believed I am stupid and didn't really understand, you can still give a normal, non insulting answer. Or you could turn on your brain and see I wasn't that serious. You're showing your true colors and they aren't pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, you said, and I quote "half of them will be AFK, half of the people there (...) and the other half of the people that are there (...)". People who are AFK are still there, so you have 3 halves that are there, but only 2 halves doing something. That doesn't add up. I think you meant half is AFK, quarter is doing A and a quarter is doing B.

Also, being insulting and then saying it's not an insult, doesn't really work. If you really believed I am stupid and didn't really understand, you can still give a normal, non insulting answer. Or you could turn on your brain and see I wasn't that serious. You're showing your true colors and they aren't pretty.
    It works because I mean it. Sorry you miss understood.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    So let me understand the logic here. The Jailer, who just ordered Sylvanas to destroy the Crown of Domination and literally rip the universe a new one, also posed as Terenas to warn the world that someone must always wear the Crown of Domination at all times so that the universe doesn't literally get ripped a new one?

Ok, I think I follow.
    It's 8D chess yo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post

Ok, I think I follow.
    sounds like telling kids not to eat the cookies out of the jar but really wanting to get rid of them in the process.

It works because I mean it. Sorry you miss understood.
    I'm half cherokee, Half Irish and half European. It works because I mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurothemist View Post
    Was it really King Teranas that said that? Or was it something pretending to be him…?

King Teranas… His crown has a big blue gem in it.

The Jailer… His crown has a big blue gem in it.

Coincidence?

Teranas's Gem is Purple, which is the usual color of royalty, because back in the day, Purple was an expensive color to make and so only the wealthy could afford to have something in purple.

Arthas and Bolvar's gem is blue\whatever color, because it is the same crown. Would not make much sense for Bolvar to wear the Helmet of the lich King and the gem suddenly becomes yellow.

Sorry, nice try, but this is a swing and a miss
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2019-11-03 at 03:50 PM.

Nah, I think Teranas was just worried about the scourge running rampant over the world without anyone to control them. He had spent a long time trapped in Frostmourne and had likely seen how many scourge Arthas had raised. I doubt he knew much about the Shadowlands.

Plus it was only because Sylvannas destroyed and then used the power in the Helmet to rip open the rift that it opened. I think if anyone else had destroyed it, the power would just have vanished and the rift wouldn't have opened. She specifically caused it to happen, it wasn't just a "If the helmet is destroyed, it happens" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm half cherokee, Half Irish and half European. It works because I mean it!
    I am sorry you also misunderstand. Cousin.

I am sorry you also misunderstand. Cousin.
    Did I? I can be half Cherokee and Half Irish and also be half European, which would be the Irish half.