Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    what will happen if you are fully geared with heirlooms and with friend on the RaF system?
    Looms haven’t worked with the RAF bonus for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Deggon View Post
    I saw where if you are 120 you start out at 50 for Shadowlands, but what about your 110 charcters or 100/90's/80's do they start at 10 and have to relevel them sorry if it has been answered somewhere else or if I misread the deep dive and it was answered there.

Scaled to the appropriate squished level via some formula.

Quote Originally Posted by echo808 View Post
    How does dungeons/raids scale???...Does that mean at the start of the Shadowlands expansion, Level 50s possibly wont be able to run old dungeons/raids since it'll all be meant for level 50s? Or did I miss that bit about it...

- - - Updated - - -

Someone commented to my post in another thread about it. From what they said, it scales to the person who looted it.

You’ll be able to solo all the old content you can now. Nothing will change power wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    They said leveling 1-50 will be about 60-70% faster than leveling from 1-120.

It seems that they want to balance it so that getting from 10-50 will take you through the entire story of a chosen expansion. The goal is to clean up timeline issues, but also to let you experience a full storyline rather than leaving zones or continents partway through a story.

From 1-50 you will get either a new ability, talent, or feature every time you level up, or nearly every time.
    I genuinely feel like levels are going to feel worthless still, and doesn't solve one of the problem they mentioned. Leveling TOO fast makes every level feel meaningless. If we are doing 40 levels in which ever expansion you go to, you will literally be leveling every 10-15 minutes I feel like which is what they highlighted and considered a problem.

Also, if they think leveling the first time is good a new player should never able to use the boost until they have a character on the same level as what a boost would put a character at.

If i understood correctly -

1. New leveling system 1-50 (1-120) will be aprox 70% faster then now.

2. First character on the account does 1-10 in new zone and then its sent to BFA to level 10-50.

3. Allied races (except Allied DKs) will start at level 10 and get to pick one of two leveling ways described below in no.4

4. Every new alt (except allied non-DK races) will start at level 1 and do quests till level 10 after that there are two options for leveling:

4a. Chromie way. Pick an expansion and you level in it till lvl 50 after which you go to shadowlands.

4b. Forgo Chromie. If you choose this you will have leveling path as it is now. This will also be only way to experience "Legacy stories" in order. They called it "Warchief shuffle."

5. All DHs and DKs, allied races DKs included, will start at level 1 in new mini zone.

6. Heritage Armor will be at level 60.

7. They said that old raids will be still farmable, however they didnt explained will that be via character power boost in legacy raid/dungeon instance or will they just be weaker.

8. All loot that drops while will be scaled to characters level, but at max level legacy loot from raids/dungeons will still be sub-optimal.

Personally, i think that power gain 50-60 will be huge for legacy content and all gear that drops in legacy content at max level will be lvl 50 loot. This effectively makes it sub-optimal but also give us enough power to farm that content.

9. Legendaries will be transmogable. All hail Vulpera DW Thunderfury! or Pandas!
    /sarcasm off

10. Random Generated Endless Tower for 1-4 players with Anima perks for characters. Not explained will those work outside of tower tho.

11. Endless Tower will have events with event specific pool of Anima buffs.

12. New legendaries are tethered to Endless Tower and Covenant progression. Not explained how tho besides that maths for Leggos will drop in the Tower.

12. We will be able to switch Covenants, it takes some time to do so and the price is steep.
    However even if you have all Covenants unlocked you will be able to use perks, skills, gear, mounts and Cosmetics ONLY from currently active Covenant.

13. "New Game+" for alts. When you have a character at max level game "will know" that you already finished Story content and the game will give you option to pick your Covenant as soon as you start playing them, effectively giving you progression toward Covenant reputation while you level.

What im interested in how will Shadowlands Covenant's "sidekick" talent tree work for us and will it work in Legacy Content. My guess is no, but that was not mentioned nor explained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fun fact is that at lvl 10 fresh paladin human goes to broken shore for his own ashbringer and then at level 48 he returns to goldshire to kill some kobolds and change his legendary artifact weapon for some trashy hammer. Its so ridicouls

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    There is no 120-130
    Yes, there is none, it was an exmaple in case if the level squish didn't happen

Levelling is part of the experience however, you can't deny that playing the game... You'll spend more time in end game content because the game is built to continue on end-game content.

You can't make levelling the sole purpose and intention of retail. That ethos was for Vanilla because it was the first and original, the levelling experience was much more the point of the game because end-game, PVP, raid content in some cases didn't exist until much later. They didn't have anything to support it afterwards in the vast array as impending Shadowlands did.

All they are doing, is making it streamlined and less mental gymnastics at understanding the game in a context where you move throughout several continents, timelines and periods of history.

This image says it all with the current state of levelling.

It's a mess and a shambles because their original attempts to amend levelling didn't cut it. Now drastic and tough choices are being made.

In some cases it sucks, in other cases it won't but they tried to dance around the issue and not rustle any feathers but that has past.
    They had to do some major changes to *fix* it because the game being 15 years old and added to several times over will affect its consistency and coherency.

Do bear in mind, that they say its "60-70%" faster but that's based on someone knowing the area, the quests, where to go, how to get there, what they use to get there and much more.
    The veteran player will have vague ideas but new players won't and even then, I can guarantee you, there will be visits to sites like Wowhead to jog your memory.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2019-11-03 at 01:28 PM.

I'm happy, i can finally level alts that i have no patience to level from 110 to 120 anymore because i will not even been playing them, since i don't want to grind anything on them. I'm happy! I like everything about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Fun fact is that at lvl 10 fresh paladin human goes to broken shore for his own ashbringer and then at level 48 he returns to goldshire to kill some kobolds and change his legendary artifact weapon for some trashy hammer. Its so ridicouls
    Is it a fact?
    Like do you have proof to back up your assumption?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Finally leveling is getting a proper purpose without the boring grind attached to it. Learning your character and catching up with the current story, with the option to visit the other timelines, is a reasonable and modern approach. Reducing the overall leveling time (lvl 1 to max lvl) by 50%+ is just what this game needs, IMO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zexz View Post
    Is it a fact?
    Like do you have proof to back up your assumption?
    Ok so what gear is also scaling with you?! or what

Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    Ok so what gear is also scaling with you?! or what
    To answer your question, I dont know.

Since you couldn't answer my question, but rather countered with a new question provides further proof that you dont have any facts to back up your claim.

If I only need to fully clear ONE expansion to move 10-120 (10-50), then that will be MUCH faster than leveling used to be. Sure, Blizzard sped it up in recent years... but even this new advent will be the fastest we have leveled.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'll say is that they better not touch my heirlooms.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    If I only need to fully clear ONE expansion to move 10-120 (10-50), then that will be MUCH faster than leveling used to be. Sure, Blizzard sped it up in recent years... but even this new advent will be the fastest we have leveled.
    Handy notes + WoD + flying = max level in 2 hours lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post

8. All loot that drops while will be scaled to characters level, but at max level legacy loot from raids/dungeons will still be sub-optimal.

Personally, i think that power gain 50-60 will be huge for legacy content and all gear that drops in legacy content at max level will be lvl 50 loot. This effectively makes it sub-optimal but also give us enough power to farm that content.
    Where the heck did you get this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin2k View Post
    Handy notes + WoD + flying = max level in 2 hours lol
    Hah, right. Something tells me this is something Blizzard will notice and "fix".

Hah, right. Something tells me this is something Blizzard will notice and "fix".
    most likely same like legion invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    I genuinely feel like levels are going to feel worthless still, and doesn't solve one of the problem they mentioned. Leveling TOO fast makes every level feel meaningless. If we are doing 40 levels in which ever expansion you go to, you will literally be leveling every 10-15 minutes I feel like which is what they highlighted and considered a problem.

Also, if they think leveling the first time is good a new player should never able to use the boost until they have a character on the same level as what a boost would put a character at.
    That isn’t what they said. They said leveling takes too long and levels feel meaningless because you don’t get anything for every level. Squishing the levels but leaving the talents means every few levels you get a new talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    most likely same like legion invasions.
    Why would they? The whole point is to speed up leveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that leveling is part of the RPG experience, so what do you think we'll be doing when we enter the Shadowlands at level 50? Level to 60. If someone wants to use heirlooms/RAF, then they aren't trying to enjoy the experience of a single expansion, they're evidently trying to rush through it with exp boosts. When I level in retail, lvl 57 is no more meaningful than lvl 92. With the new system, it's similar to vanilla/classic, where you gain power by receiving abilities more often. Aka, you feel more powerful because you gain abilities more often with each level instead of going 5-8+ levels with nothing more than minor stat increases.

They're not removing the RPG elements of leveling, they're just making it so someone doesn't have to level from 1-130. The new system makes complete sense and there's no reason a new player should feel forced to level through multiple expansions without ever learning the full story arch due to out leveling the content.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Yes. They stated leveling 1-50 in the new system should take 30% of the time it takes to get 1-120 now