Sylvanas made a pact with the Jailer, after falling off of Icecrown. The pact damaged the normal balance Souls->Arbiter->Covenant. If Sylvanas hadn't made the pact, the balance would have been preserved. Or in other words: if Sylvanas hadn't been that selfish, everything would be good.
    The only logical conclusion: Sylvanas is evil. Not that hard to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This. People see the shinies and get hyped, then the excitement slowly comes down until people become more critical, and also the realization that this content is pretty far away, still, seeps in.

Par for the course, really.
    I mean, i suppose there is the fact taht this expansion seems lackluster on the surface. But it is definitely not going ot be as bad as people think.
    The only thing that really worries me about it is the devs saying that we might have to expect the expansion to launch in late Q4 2020 instead of Q3, which makes me worry Blizz might be planning to cut the expansion short in favor of the 10.0 expansion.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    And still you have people licking her boot out-of-game and pretending she really is good after all.
    its useless, people want her to step on then, i pretty sure if she kill their character, and blizzard literally delete then, they would have to do another one, they would create another one and do the same thing again

Like Ogmot said:

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.
    She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Good. The system sounds like it sucks. And Ion said more people were going to the Maw than were supposed to & that started before Sylvanas learned of its existence. It doesn't matter if you get murdered on azeroth because the afterlife is all messed up. Destroy it, replace it with something new.
    More people are going there now. After Sylvanas broke things. Which is causing the Shadowlands to break down.

Souls don't even get to the Arbiter anymore, they're just immediately sent to the Maw.

Sylvanas isn't planning to fix things. She's at least part of the reason they're borked in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I mean, i suppose there is the fact taht this expansion seems lackluster on the surface. But it is definitely not going ot be as bad as people think.
    The only thing that really worries me about it is the devs saying that we might have to expect the expansion to launch in late Q4 2020 instead of Q3, which makes me worry Blizz might be planning to cut the expansion short in favor of the 10.0 expansion.
    I think they don't have much to show us, not finishing it so fast and or trying not to promise so much all considering how people moaned about Warfronts and Islands(I sad they gone). Think they are trying to play smart.

Sylvanas isn't planning to fix things. She's at least part of the reason they're borked in the first place.
    I believe that, the war in BFA would be massively different if she had any....moral fiber in her.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's still very curious to me that this expansion would seem "deep" if it had a class as shallow as DH tacked on. It's practically the same as TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    We are not gonna get full fledged, from-the-ground-up revamps.

The class changes will come in form of depruning and turning certain talents baseline which will make room for new and fresh talents to be introduced.
    yeah that sounds good hope Spriests gets certain talents back as baseline. (also improve Slice and Dice it sucks on live)

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its useless, people want her to step on then, i pretty sure if she kill their character, and blizzard literally delete then, they would have to do another one, they would create another one and do the same thing again

Like Ogmot said:

Da sheepies follow her everplace she go. Do everthin she say. Never doubt lady.
    She guide dem over tall cliff! SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT! Stupid sheepies!
    Honestly, if you're a real, actual loyalist and believe in Sylvanas's vision for the world, you'll just have to stay in the maw at the beginning of Shadowlands, because that's... what she wants. It gives her power and furthers her goals.
    So yea, by continuing the game with a loyalist character and getting out of the Maw, you revoke your loyalty.
    I think it's actually quite ironic

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Honestly, if you're a real, actual loyalist and believe in Sylvanas's vision for the world, you'll just have to stay in the maw at the beginning of Shadowlands, because that's... what she wants. It gives her power and furthers her goals.
    So yea, by continuing the game with a loyalist character and getting out of the Maw, you revoke your loyalty.
    I think it's actually quite ironic
    If only Blizz knew what a rabid fanbase she has.

Make the loyalist quests end with things like "give me 5 million gold for another unique voiceline", or "show me the most expensive shop mount you have". They would make bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only Blizz knew what a rabid fanbase she has.

Make the loyalist quests end with things like "give me 5 million gold for another unique voiceline", or "show me the most expensive shop mount you have". They would make bank.
    Sylvanas Fanbase: You underestimate my power.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We already know the main villain (=endboss) of Shadowlands: Jailer.

So what could they give us in the 9.1 and 9.2 raids if we assume 9.3 is the last raid? Seems like a tough call to make. They must give us some kind of Throne of Thunder a*pull for 9.2 to stretch the expansion to three content patches.

And there's nothing we've seen yet that justifies a release in late Q4/20. Nothing. I'm seriously concerned how they can be so far behind with the development of Shadowlands especially when we consider the lack of real features, new mechanics or major class revamps. And it's just 5 zones and 8 dungeons as well. So already light on that too.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Or just fix the Arbiter, as she seems to be the core cause of the problem here.

When a soul dies, the soul is brought before her for judgement.
    However for some reason the souls are going directly to the maw, which means she is damaged/corrupted/whatever and can't fulfill her duty.
    Yet if this system for whatever reason requires a Lich King & Sylvanas was murdered for the Lich King, clearly that's going to be unconvincing to her. Narratively, I think the shadowlands will have to be destroyed after this expansion, because otherwise where do you go from traversing the literal afterlife. After we become the "MAW WALKER" everything else seems so small.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

So what could they give us in the 9.1 and 9.2 raids if we assume 9.3 is the last raid? Seems like a tough call to make. They must give us some kind of Throne of Thunder a*pull for 9.2 to stretch the expansion to three content patches.

And there's nothing we've seen yet that justifies a release in late Q4/20. Nothing. I'm seriously concerned how they can be so far behind with the development of Shadowlands especially when we consider the lack of real features, new mechanics or major class revamps. And it's just 5 zones and 8 dungeons as well. So already light on that too.
    Well, either the Jailer or Sylvanas, one of the two. The other will be the final boss for the second raid.

https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553

Very interesting Chinese interview with good questions.

They said they never promised a class ever other expansion and DKs cover the death theme. Also Calia is not officially Horde.

Sounds like Cataclysm.

I know there's a Bonswamdi dungeon but honestly I hope a mid-expansion zone is the Troll afterlife. I love to see a obligatory troll patch

They did say there will be the four Covenant zones *at first*. It did sound like they were going to add some later, at least to me. Given that they said the Shadowlands have infinite realms within them already, they could make the Shadowlands alone into the next three expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

They said they never promised a class ever other expansion and DKs cover the death theme. Also Calia is not officially Horde.
    Calia not officially Horde? Huh......

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post

"This version of Julia Menethil (second idiot sister) and Jaina's brother Drake Proudmoore will join the tribe in the following story?"

I lol'd.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    They did say there will be the four Covenant zones *at first*. It did sound like they were going to add some later, at least to me. Given that they said the Shadowlands have infinite realms within them already, they could make the Shadowlands alone into the next three expansions.
    I think a Frost themed zone and Covenant will be patch content, as we have a Blood and Unholy themed zone. Maybe its lead by Arthas?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Calia not officially Horde? Huh......
    She'll be leading a horde race and she'll probably participate in horde shit cause she is a the leader of a horde race, but she won't be horde duh.

Formerly known as Arafal