Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    You can argue that for Dark Iron Dwarves, Zandalari trolls and ESPECIALLY Mag'har Orcs... as just being Dwarves, Trolls and Orcs. Only reason you see them today as different is because they made them different via stats and abilities.
    not rly, eben before you knew dark iron were something different that just normal dwrves, with flaming eyes and beards, changed by ragnaros, thats not just some tattoos shenanigans

And being prime trolls sure as hell make you somehow more different than just color

I agree that depending on what blizzad want to make different, sometimes the difference is there and they just increase enough to be an allied race

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    I really want them to add customization rewards as things you can collect in the game. If they give us all these at the start of the expansion I will be disappointed.

I always thought that they could make a new system in the game using the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera. Like have NPC's with certain customization options placed throughout the world. In order to unlock them you need to be the same gender/race and take a selfie with that NPC which unlocks that option. Think of it like taking a picture of a haircut you want and bringing it to your barber.
    Well the Night Warrior option was unlocked through a quest. Orc posture and golden Blood Elf eyes were not. These new options will just be coming with 9.0.

Since some of these options are more lore-based (Wildhammer, Dark Trolls, Sand Trolls) it would make sense to have lore to introduce them into the factions, but I'd rather have a questline than a random collect-a-thon that doesn't explain anything.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Well the Night Warrior option was unlocked through a quest. Orc posture and golden Blood Elf eyes were not. These new options will just be coming with 9.0.

Since some of these options are more lore-based (Wildhammer, Dark Trolls, Sand Trolls) it would make sense to have lore to introduce them into the factions, but I'd rather have a questline than a random collect-a-thon that doesn't explain anything.
    would be rly great if we did some sort of chainquest with the zandalari and the darkspear to recruit other trolls tribes and they becoming avaiable after that

same with the dragonmaw//blackrock orcs
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2019-11-03 at 05:19 PM.

I don't mean all the options need to be collected that way. I just mention the idea because its a easy way to introduce new options to the game and have it be a type of content people have to go out and collect. If they can hide which NPC has it, then people will have to search the world looking for the new options every patch like the secret discord. Which is good for the community as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Void Elves need a High Elf skin. Other than that, this seems more like a BfA feature since BfA was the "allied races expansion!" What is Shadowlands' features? Could have been at least Class re-skins.

Honestly I'd rather void elves get more hair styles without tentacles then I would a high elf skin.

I really want them to add customization rewards as things you can collect in the game. If they give us all these at the start of the expansion I will be disappointed.

I always thought that they could make a new system in the game using the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera. Like have NPC's with certain customization options placed throughout the world. In order to unlock them you need to be the same gender/race and take a selfie with that NPC which unlocks that option. Think of it like taking a picture of a haircut you want and bringing it to your barber.

Collecting customization options that are longer overdue? Are you kidding me?

I'm sure new players would love leveling to end game just to quest to have basic customization options - just like allied races but even stupider because it truly is cosmetic.

(Existing players have been clamoring for customization for years - not questing for customization)

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Honestly I'd rather void elves get more hair styles without tentacles then I would a high elf skin.
    Eh, how about an Alleria type look? Doesn't need to look like the traditional, and original HE look, but instead covered in blue tattoos? Not a bad compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curious what Worgen could get in terms of increased customization. More fur colors I suppose, hopefully upright posture for males, maybe a few more face options.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Redzonetode View Post
    Collecting customization options that are longer overdue? Are you kidding me?

I'm sure new players would love leveling to end game just to quest to have basic customization options - just like allied races but even stupider because it truly is cosmetic.

(Existing players have been clamoring for customization for years - not questing for customization)
    I never said all new options need to be collected I just said some. It's good for the game to have you go out into the world collecting things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Eh, how about an Alleria type look? Doesn't need to look like the traditional, and original HE look, but instead covered in blue tattoos? Not a bad compromise.
    I wouldn't mind a HE look or Alleria look I just think without new hairstyles you only have like 3 hair style options for a HE if you don't want tentacles in your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Curious what Worgen could get in terms of increased customization. More fur colors I suppose, hopefully upright posture for males, maybe a few more face options.
    Maybe the ability to customize your human and Worgen forms independently?

I don't mean all the options need to be collected that way. I just mention the idea because its a easy way to introduce new options to the game and have it be a type of content people have to go out and collect. If they can hide which NPC has it, then people will have to search the world looking for the new options every patch like the secret discord. Which is good for the community as a whole.
    In some cases it would be fun, in other cases it would be annoying. I could see something like hair dye items being sold around the world - if it was a hair color that was applied to every race's hair options.

I can foresee 50 people clogging up one NPC at the same time because they have a unique hair style. People would flood each unique NPC with these options. People are jerks, so they would use every option to make their character huge and then get on a mammoth or yak. After that, of course, it would die down.

In the end, the last time they added customization options was Cataclysm, with WoD updating how the races looked. Every expansion and patch people have asked for things like new hairstyles, faces, eye colors separate from face, skin tones, and even sliders like other MMOs for different body types and heights. Every expansion Blizzard has stated it's something they want to do, but they didn't have time for it right then. I'm sure the majority of players would just like to have those options, not have to go out to earn things like hairstyles or eye colors that they've been waiting for.

On top of that, there are going to be a ton of options for every non-Allied Race. They mentioned in the Q&A that there will be over 40 new options for Blood Elves alone. It would be difficult to implement a way to earn those options for every race across two factions. With so many options, it would also be difficult to keep track of, especially for a race you're not currently playing.

All of BfA: "Allied races are shit, these should just be customization options at the barber instead of grinds!!!"
    Shadowlands: "Customization options?? Allied races were a FEATURE, how very barebones!!"...

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

In some cases it would be fun, in other cases it would be annoying. I could see something like hair dye items being sold around the world - if it was a hair color that was applied to every race's hair options.

I can foresee 50 people clogging up one NPC at the same time because they have a unique hair style. People would flood each unique NPC with these options. People are jerks, so they would use every option to make their character huge and then get on a mammoth or yak. After that, of course, it would die down.

In the end, the last time they added customization options was Cataclysm, with WoD updating how the races looked. Every expansion and patch people have asked for things like new hairstyles, faces, eye colors separate from face, skin tones, and even sliders like other MMOs for different body types and heights. Every expansion Blizzard has stated it's something they want to do, but they didn't have time for it right then. I'm sure the majority of players would just like to have those options, not have to go out to earn things like hairstyles or eye colors that they've been waiting for.

On top of that, there are going to be a ton of options for every non-Allied Race. They mentioned in the Q&A that there will be over 40 new options for Blood Elves alone. It would be difficult to implement a way to earn those options for every race across two factions. With so many options, it would also be difficult to keep track of, especially for a race you're not currently playing.
    I don't think you'd need to have every new option for every race. I think the option of using the selfie camera I mentioned before could be a easy way for them to justify adding new options throughout expansions since its collection and could be seen as content. Just add a few options every patch and let people explore the world looking for them if they are of that race.

You'd get more options than you would if they just added then every few expansions. Give us the majority of the new options on patch day for this update but keep a few that are earned this way so people learn how some of the new options will be added in the future.

I don't think you'd need to have every new option for every race. I think the option of using the selfie camera I mentioned before could be a easy way for them to justify adding new options throughout expansions since its collection and could be seen as content. Just add a few options every patch and let people explore the world looking for them if they are of that race.

You'd get more options than you would if they just added then every few expansions. Give us the majority of the new options on patch day for this update but keep a few that are earned this way so people learn how some of the new options will be added in the future.
    In an ideal world, they would add fun customization options all the time. In 15 years, they've only added more with the barber shop and a patch in Cata for some races.

In the end, despite the fact that this is being released with 9.0, they will likely be options that all people will have if they bought the expansion or not. Same thing happened with the barber shop, the Cata updates, and the new models in WoD (sold as an "expansion feature" - everyone got the model updates anyway).

I'm curious what Orcs will get.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why not both?

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    More upright options. Undead would look amazing with this and the skin features.
    Could their rig be used for slim humans?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I'm curious what Orcs will get.
    Hopefully more faces, tattoos and hair styles

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Blue eyes for the blood elves is what Ion promised a long time ago!
    not even close.