Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm waiting for the lore usuals to complain that they're acting too pussy and not doubling down on their least favorite character.

"I just spent the last few months bitching about Calia on the Horde, and now she isn't???"

"As for what you say, the crown of the rule is the thing of the shadow kingdom. The founder of the ruler, Kil'jaeden, uses the energy of the shadow kingdom to create the crown of the rule to hold Ner'zhul. soul."

That bit's interesting too, giving some justification as to how the crown breaking opened up the rift. It was made with shadowlands magic in order to control the dead, and that was released in an area that was a weak point between the two realms.

"15. Is it possible that the heroic characters we can see in the Shadow Kingdom are coming back to us?
    A: If you understand the new World of Warcraft news for the past two days, you will know that there is a map called Sapphire. This is responsible for the cycle of life and death. There may be roles that will be resurrected from here, but it is also rare. It is a very special case and does not resurrect the character frequently."

Basically "we reserve the right to resurrect some people you see in the shadowlands but not everybody." Kael'thas fans losing their minds right now I'm sure.

"19. Will the new version have a setting like "Titan Creation"?
    A: The corruption setting of 8.3 is much better than the Titan creation, and we estimate it will be very good. If there is a 9.0, there will be a more complete mechanism. We will wait and see."

And here at the end, they seem to want to continue something similar to the Corruption system in 9.0. Not a fan of that one.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-03 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Characters come back to life. He better mean Kael'thas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I'm waiting for the lore usuals to complain that they're acting too pussy and not doubling down on their least favorite character.

"I just spent the last few months bitching about Calia on the Horde, and now she isn't???"
    They haven't done shit. As I said, I'd be immensely glad to have been completely wrong about this for this past year and this character didn't get inflicted on the Forsaken. But all that's been given are milquetoast statements that every Forsaken will have to choose whether he wants her help, which given that they've all been reduced to contemptible little victims who want human hugs, is just an extra step to them accepting her. If and when she is explicitly denied from leading the undead or rejected, then I'll buy it, but so far even prophecies point out how she's set to claim the crown and she's purposefully sought out by the only Forsaken character remaining to lead them.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Good, I'm glad Calia isn't joining the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Here's a google translated version:

I like the robot's flourishes in calling Calia Julia the idiot sister, all it says is that she won't join the Forsaken out of pity.

Q:Will Calia Menethil(Arthas' sister) and Derek Proudmoore leave the Alliance and join the Horde in the coming story?

A:It's a complicated problem.Out of sympathy, Calia is very sympathetic and pity the situation of the Forsaken. But she won't join the Horde because of this.And it's not certain whether the Forsaken will welcome Calia.

Sorry,my english is not good. second idiot(2 Fool)=Arthas' nickname in China.The number 2 means fool in Chinese slang.

2 fool Arthas 二傻子 阿傻子
    1 egg Illidan 一粒蛋
    dog egg Gul'dan 狗蛋
    fool son Thrall 傻儿

Some nicknames.Homophony is a phenomenon widely existed in Chinese.
    Last edited by TrueHorde; 2019-11-03 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Characters come back to life. He better mean Kael'thas.
    I think they mean Uther. Cause we can't have enough generic light-guys around.

There's nothing I've wanted to be more wrong on than Calia being Forsaken leader. Please give me the link in non-communist. I want to be free.
    Sylvanas shall set us all free!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553

No Warchief anymore.The Warchief's power is too centralized.Coucil system is good for the horde.

Sylvanas may or may not be a raid boss.Every character has the possibility of being boss in this expansion.

Some characters may come back to life.
    So, basically, anything can happen if some of their writers get too high. Heh, they pay people to actually write this pathetic story, there are people on this forum who have shown far better story crafting skills.
    ACCOUNT TERMINATED.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    We still got Turalyon who they forgot even exists along with Velen! Argh. I want to see Kael'thas come back to cause some dissension among Quel'telas. Can you imagine some ungrateful and fickle blood elves wanting Kael'thas back as King after Lor'themar held things together? And Kael'thas playing a manipulative dick saying he knows he was wrong, and doesn't want to be king, which works in reverse psychology and some blood elves want to forgive him since they're heard rumors Lor'themar doesn't want to be leader anyway? It'd be great!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    "As for what you say, the crown of the rule is the thing of the shadow kingdom. The founder of the ruler, Kil'jaeden, uses the energy of the shadow kingdom to create the crown of the rule to hold Ner'zhul. soul."

That bit's interesting too, giving some justification as to how the crown breaking opened up the rift. It was made with shadowlands magic in order to control the dead, and that was released in an area that was a weak point between the two realms.

"15. Is it possible that the heroic characters we can see in the Shadow Kingdom are coming back to us?
    A: If you understand the new World of Warcraft news for the past two days, you will know that there is a map called Sapphire. This is responsible for the cycle of life and death. There may be roles that will be resurrected from here, but it is also rare. It is a very special case and does not resurrect the character frequently."

Basically "we reserve the right to resurrect some people you see in the shadowlands but not everybody." Kael'thas fans losing their minds right now I'm sure.

"19. Will the new version have a setting like "Titan Creation"?
    A: The corruption setting of 8.3 is much better than the Titan creation, and we estimate it will be very good. If there is a 9.0, there will be a more complete mechanism. We will wait and see."

And here at the end, they seem to want to continue something similar to the Corruption system in 9.0. Not a fan of that one.
    Blizz did him dirty, i wouldnt even mind him coming back for some redemption. Uther needs to stay dead though, he earned his afterlife

Q:Will Calia Menethil(Arthas' sister) and Derek Proudmoore leave the Alliance and join the Horde in the coming story?

A:It's a complicated problem.Out of sympathy, Calia is very sympathetic and pity the situation of the Forsaken. But she won't join the Horde because of this.And it's not certain whether the Forsaken will welcome Calia.

Sorry,my english is not good. second idiot(2 Fool)=Arthas' nickname in China.The number 2 means fool in Chinese slang.

2 fool Arthas 二傻子 阿傻子
    1 egg Illidan 一粒蛋
    dog egg Gul'dan 狗蛋
    fool son Thrall 傻儿

Some nicknames.Homophony is a phenomenon widely existed in Chinese.
    Cheers for the translation, man. Makes a lot more sense now. Does the bolded bit mean that she won't join the Horde because of this i.e, she'll join it for another reason, or that she won't join it at all?

Also, I'm slightly envious that Chinese fans get to use the fan nicknames while talking to the devs.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Hard to join something that effectively doesn't exist anymore as Baine and his fellow Alliance ass-lickers turned it into an Alliance colony. Calia not joining the "Horde" only showcases she can't even be bothered to pretend that the Horde is a sovereign entity. Which makes it all the worse. As she's obviously groomed up to be Forsaken's salvation by moping around and worshiping the Light that hurts the normal undead regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    It think it doesn't matter whether she's officialy Horde or not if she's still going to be part of post Sylvanas "counseling Forsaken" storyline.
    Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Cheers for the translation, man. Makes a lot more sense now. Does the bolded bit mean that she won't join the Horde because of this i.e, she'll join it for another reason, or that she won't join it at all?

Also, I'm slightly envious that Chinese fans get to use the fan nicknames while talking to the devs.
    No

it's like “She cares you.She feels sorry for you. But she won't be your girlfriend.”
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-03 at 06:14 PM.

Here's a google translated version:

I like the robot's flourishes in calling Calia Julia the idiot sister, all it says is that she won't join the Forsaken out of pity.
    Who may the first idiot sister be?
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

No

it's like “She cares you.She feels sorry for you. But she won't be your girlfriend.”
    Wow, that's next level sad. @Dagoth Ur almost definitely has the right of it, but at least it's a bit of the bullet dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Huh? They sort of killed 2 such characters already. Bolvar and Tyrion. I know you like undead and decrepid stuff, but Paladin players like to have a lore character they can identify with as well. Geez... just cause you don't like them doesn't mean others don't.

Hey, the good thing about this interview is that we can see they don't want to repeat the same themes. So, Tinker is again the strongest contender. Just how it will fit an expansion theme will be more complex. Maybe the expansion after shadowlands will be it. It is unlikely they will touch the Mekkatorque thread in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-11-03 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Huh? They sort of killed 2 such characters already. Bolvar and Tyrion. I know you like undead and decrepid stuff, but Paladin players like to have a lore character tgey can identify with as well. Geez... just cause you don't like them doesn't mean others don't.
    There could have be Maarad or Yrel, but the former died and the latter was turned into an evil villain just so Orcs and Horde could be happy and pretend that Draeneï are just as bad as them.

But there is still Turalyon and Anduin. Both of them are clearmly uber-Paladins.

Also, missed the non-Calia bits from the OP. If "everyone can be a boss" in Shadowlands, gimme some council fight against the Council of Alliance's sycophants that is "good for the Horde".

I like how they haven't denied that Calia is currently Alliance.

So fucking stupid that Horde is losing Warchief, one of the core aspects of the Horde while the Alliance is forced to have a stupid ass High King when it's the faction that's supposed to be an Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    There could have be Maarad or Yrel, but the former died and the latter was turned into an evil villain just so Orcs and Horde could be happy and pretend that Draeneï are just as bad as them.

But there is still Turalyon and Anduin. Both of them are clearmly uber-Paladins.
    I expect Turalyon to go Yrel's way and Anduin is a Priest really. Somehow equipped armor though.