Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Leave the poor little mass murdering psychopath alone, she just wants peace!
    I guess Genn doesn't want peace then. Does this make him mass murdering psychopath? Yes. He doesn't care about lifes of all the soldiers that would die in pointless war. He doesn't care about Legion invasion. He will sacrifice everything for vengeance.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

She want to break teh cicle of life/death I think. Basically, everyone stagnate and everyone immortal...

Remind me of the manga saihate no paladin, with the god of undeath, who in fact just want to save all the people, especially heros from dying, because he think it's a great injustice, and they need to keep their memories and body (rotten...) (plot twist : he's warped and the people stagnate for all eternity as almost puppet bound to his orders. BUT he's sincere when he say he want to help people, even if he kill them all, because they come to him, after all ?).

I would imagine she means she will set us free from death but that seems redundant if there is an afterlife and characters that can rez people.

My guess (which is probably wrong) is that N’zoth actually survives AND wins, completely corrupting Azeroth beyond repair. I mean, this is the first time an Old God is completely free of any shackles...and we’re just gonna DBZ him to death? I don’t buy it. The only way for us to resist that corruption is for us all to die and venture into the Shadowlands. It would make sense that Azeroth is a “prison” to the voids corruption. Again, probably wrong. But speculation is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think we know yet exactly what she means, but her general refrain sounds like she views the universe as a prison itself - and her whole schtick as of Shadowlands is about overturning the machinery that keeps the cycle of life and death running because the process itself is a prison for the soul of living beings. I highly doubt any sense of altruism is at play here, though; while Sylvanas has always been keen to gather the adulation of others her overriding goal has always been self-fulfillment or self-enrichment. She's out to turn the machinery of the universe to her own ends, damn the consequences for anyone else (quite literally as the case turns out).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Since Blizzard love just giving us little to no real answers to major lore stuff we are always left guessing.

Yeah Sylvanas has some kind plan. Yeah she is very strong now for some reason. Yeah she will save the world because of some weird unknown reason we dont get to hear or see about until the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    This. There is no hidden meaning or grand plan to save us all. It is simple. Being alive or undead is a curse. So she sets all free by killing us all. But being the fucking hypocrite that she is, she doesn't just kill herself to be free.

At least Emperor Vlad or Emperor Valkorion didn't try to justify their plans with some shit like this. They want to be immortal and rule over the world alone.
    Isn’t that what she is doing though? Wanting to be immortal and rule azeroth without anyone trying to usurp her.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    She’s gonna betray the death god and use stolen power to make a paradise for all undead

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    No. I think then she would not have fed that many souls to the Maw in the first place.

There are a couple of things we know about Sylvanas.

She hates hope.
    She hates the living.
    She views her existence as torment.
    She views the world as a prison.

That is because of her undead condition. She is trapped inside a rotting body, cut off from the cycle of life and death.

Think about how the Shadowlands work. Someone dies and comes before the Arbiter. That person has built up Anima in his life and is being sent to one of the zones of the Shadowlands. Here that person's anima nourishes the life there. His death brings new life and the circle is complete.
    But she doesn't view her existence as torment. Her views on undeath changed a lot since the end of WotLK and now she considers it superior to being alive. She also doesn't rot. And there's nothing indicating she's cut off from the cycle of Shadowlands. She still went to Shadowlands after committing suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But she doesn't view her existence as torment. Her views on undeath changed a lot since the end of WotLK and now she considers it superior to being alive. She also doesn't rot. And there's nothing indicating she's cut off from the cycle of Shadowlands. She still went to Shadowlands after committing suicide.
    "Despite all that I taught them they still clung to hope, to life. They will learn the truth, along with the rest" Sylvanas talking about the Forsaken during the final Horde Loyalist cutscene in 8.2.5

She might not see existence as torment anymore, she certainly doesn't seem happy with life, or undeath.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she want to end "Death" and create a world where noone dies, though i doubt she will be successful, mostly because i can't imagine such world

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    "Despite all that I taught them they still clung to hope, to life. They will learn the truth, along with the rest" Sylvanas talking about the Forsaken during the final Horde Loyalist cutscene in 8.2.5

She might not see existence as torment anymore, she certainly doesn't seem happy with life, or undeath.
    Given how she's virtually immortal and that, unlike other Forsaken (even after their retcon) she doesn't rot or suffer from any other wear and tear of her body, I take it that her whole nihilistic "nothing lasts" shtick from BfA refers to the Shadowlands. Perhaps her Val'kyr supply dwindling and other attempts at securing the way to get out of wild Genn attacks or he boiler blowing up in her place not panning out made her shift her focus away from "how to prevent going into the Shadowlands that suck" to "what can be done to make it not suck (just in case)". Especially with something during Legion causing the entire Shadowlands to go out of whack and making it even worse. After all, the Dark Ranger that died in Darkshore who went all "oh, so this is what Sylvanas wanted to save us from" most likely didn't refer to angry Night Elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

My guess would be Azeroth really is sort of like a prison that limits everyone's powers and potential. Only Sylvanas has gone to the other side and made a bargain with the devil (Jailer) which allowed her to break her limits. My take is she wants the same fate for everyone, to allow everyone on Azeroth a chance to reach beyond their potentials. She wants to share this divine gift kinda like Dagoth Ur from Morrowind. But like Wesker from RE5, She also wants to rule over this new potential super race. So in conclusion, she wants everyone to have that chance to prove they could break their limits. Those that can't get pass their limits don't deserve to live and those that managed to ascend pass their limits will be worthy enough to be her champions/servants in the new reality she plans to create. In the official Shadowland site, it's stated that we will uncover a plot to unmake all of reality in this expansion.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

We need to see exactly what is in store for us with the ending of 8.3, but here's what we do know:

Sylvanas is in league with death. She doesn't care who dies, she just wants people to die. She has been since her "suicide" from the top of Icecrown and all her actions since have furthered the cause of death.
    - attacked and used the plague in Gilneas
    - assisted in the sacking of Orgrimmar
    - betrayed both the horde and the alliance at the Broken Shore
    - used the plague in the siege of Lordaeron
    - burned Teldrassil down
    - engineered the release of N'Zoth

At this point her biggest failure in pursuing a doctrine of death is in taking up the challenge from Saurfang.

Here's the other thing we know, there's pretty much no one out there in the universe. In the Astromancer fight in Nighthold we see a vision of countless worlds corrupted and taken by both the Burning Legion and by the Void. This also goes back to the Burning Crusade when in the jail dungeon (can't remember the name) the last boss is an old god servant that says "Not even the mighty legion can stand against us."

Sylvanas is only interested in Death. She's the premier death cultist and all her aims and needs are to free us all from our mortal coil.

In all likelihood our triumph over N'Zoth is what forces her hand to shatter the veil and bring us directly to the maw.

It's also implied that the Helm of Domination contains a fragment of the power of the Jailer, which is what allows the Scourge to bring forth deathly entities into Azeroth's corporeal plane. Sundering the helm then rips open that gateway to/through the cold dark.

Does make one wonder exactly what KJ was thinking when he made the armor.

She's going to break whatever is funneling all souls into the Maw
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Problem with "She just want us all dead" is the SL opening itself. Why not just kill everyone without opening it? She did well before. And how the opening of SL can help her kill us all qucklier if by the opening of that SL she just allowed us to come inside and in routine way fuck the Maw and later the Jailor.

Something isnt right there. Its not just "kill em all" intention for sure. If it was that simple, she would just kill us all instead of opening the gate for all of us to come inside and fuck with the place where all souls came.
    Maybe she just opened it to let some minions of her 'Partner' spill over into Azeroth.
    Or perhaps she just wanted to bait Horde and Alliance into the Shadowlands, you know the factions that are both more than a little bit pissed - what they don't know is that they would just walk right into her trap and become stuck in the Maw so they can easily feed her new sugar daddy.

So yeah there's probably a noble meaning in her actions, its not like there are more than a few hints that she's evil, like backstabbing her own faction, backstabbing her supporters after they lost their value, or even other 'Villains' calling her out.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

She should have stayed dead at ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    She's going to break whatever is funnelling all souls into the Maw
    Her pact with the Jailer and her power increasing by all the souls being funnelled into the Maw more likely means she is the cause of it, rather then trying to fix it.

Her goal has been as much death as possible because those souls go the Maw and increase her power.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    We need to see exactly what is in store for us with the ending of 8.3, but here's what we do know:

Sylvanas is in league with death. She doesn't care who dies, she just wants people to die. She has been since her "suicide" from the top of Icecrown and all her actions since have furthered the cause of death.
    - attacked and used the plague in Gilneas
    - assisted in the sacking of Orgrimmar
    - betrayed both the horde and the alliance at the Broken Shore
    - used the plague in the siege of Lordaeron
    - burned Teldrassil down
    - engineered the release of N'Zoth

At this point her biggest failure in pursuing a doctrine of death is in taking up the challenge from Saurfang.

Here's the other thing we know, there's pretty much no one out there in the universe. In the Astromancer fight in Nighthold we see a vision of countless worlds corrupted and taken by both the Burning Legion and by the Void. This also goes back to the Burning Crusade when in the jail dungeon (can't remember the name) the last boss is an old god servant that says "Not even the mighty legion can stand against us."

Sylvanas is only interested in Death. She's the premier death cultist and all her aims and needs are to free us all from our mortal coil.

In all likelihood our triumph over N'Zoth is what forces her hand to shatter the veil and bring us directly to the maw.

It's also implied that the Helm of Domination contains a fragment of the power of the Jailer, which is what allows the Scourge to bring forth deathly entities into Azeroth's corporeal plane. Sundering the helm then rips open that gateway to/through the cold dark.

Does make one wonder exactly what KJ was thinking when he made the armor.
    She no longer needed the Horde and abandoned them. To me this indicates she was planning to go to the Shadowlands since atleast the Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0

She likely doesn't care if N'Zoth wins or we do. Either way the Maw is further fed by tons of souls and she will do whatever she aims to do in the Shadowlands.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    It's because she is a psycho who believes the world is a prison, so sending everyone to the afterlife would be freeing them from the evil world that is such a cruel prison.

It's almost like psychos have a twisted view of reality.
    or... now bear with me on this...

there's actually more going on than the stories made known.

I mean killing everyone in some self actualized prophecy that life is pain is more easily done than literally ripping open the fabric of reality and physically moving into the planar realms of death.