Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands Warlock Wishlist

• Shadowlands will return to class identity as opposed to spec identity.
    • Return abilities that have been taken away and make some spec specific ones class specific again.

Just trying to brainstorm a little here! First a little bit about me: I'm a currently inactive World ~100 Mythic Raider aswell as a pvp enthusiast, reaching ~2750 in Bfa season 1 and Hall of Fame G'hun. I quit after Uldir because I did not enjoy either my class (Warlock duh) or the game all that much anymore. That said I still deeply love World of Warcraft, I've played it almost without pause since I started in TBC and I really want it to be good and fun again.

In my opinion the following abilities/passives should be avaiable to all specializations: Corruption, Immolate, Rain of Fire, Soul Link, Howl of Terror, Drain Soul, Infernal/Doomguard.

Why? Debuffs are a core part of the Warlock fantasy and no matter what kind of Warlock, you should have some.

Rain of Fire is a badly needed baseline ranged aoe, without cumbersome ramp-up or delay like Seed/Implosion. Also how many times as an Afflock would you like to get that pesky rogue out of stealth, only to realize you're the wrong spec to be able to do that.

Soul Link I believe is self-explanatory. Warlocks are supposed to be immobile but tanky. Soul Link ensures that we're beefy and that the current miserable state of Affliction in pvp is a thing of the past. A Warlock should not be trained down with ease, no matter the specialization.

Howl of Terror is also self-explanatory. I see no reason why a Destruction warlock would forget how to cast an aoe fear.

Drain Soul is particularly important. Soul Shard sniping is not only engaging and skillful gameplay, it adds a genuinely unqiue aspect to the Warlock class. It is a mistake to deny two specializations this distinction and fun gameplay.

Infernal/Doomguard should come back for all specializations, because of the utility and damage they provide and because Warlocks are, in part, about summoning demons.

Furthermore I believe that Pvp talents need to be renamed Utility talents and should be usable in pve situations. It is a disgrace that Warlocks can no longer curse monsters with Curse of Tongues or Weakness depending on the situation. Or get rid of them and make them baseline. Either way is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Regarding the talents I actually believe they are mostly fine, but there are a few issues nonetheless. I won't mention underperforming talents as that is primarily a numbers issue, I'd like to address talents that I believe are simply entirely out of place, broken or meant to be baseline.

Demonic Circle really need to be baseline, it's replacement ought to be some talent that interacts with Howl of Terror.

Nether Portal is an awkward and terribly clunky talent that needs to be reworked or axed.

Soul Fire is a terrible idea in a specialization that revolves around Chaosbolt. I think there is no place for this ability whatsoever.

Shadowburn needs to be Destruction's replacement option for Drain Soul. It should function like it did in the past, being an execute type ability and if the target dies while affected you are rewarded.

Grimoire of Supremacy: removed. We should not be a class that only deals damage every 3 minutes. While Darkglare is not a talent, it should be removed too for the same reason.

Minor changes/Misc/Spec specific

Shadowfury: Instant Cast. It feels terrible to have a cast time associated with an aoe stun. By the time you finish the cast that pesky dungeon monster has completed finishing its problematic cast.

Axe Toss (Felguard): Should function as an interrupt against targets that are immune to stuns.

Unstable Afflction should not have the +10% damage part, as that encourages simply keeping one active at a time instead of wanting to dump them all with a powerful trinket proc/effect, which I find more interesting personally.

These, to me, are the most glaring issues. I'm looking forward to Beta (soon tm) and I really hope Warlock becomes a fun class again.
    I'd like to hear what you think about my ideas and feel free to share yours. I'd like to know what kind of changes you'd like to see.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2019-11-02 at 01:05 AM.

i was reading that certain class abilities were returning - described on the front page as "the unpruning" - and that 's exciting to hear. I hope we get Spellstone and Firestone back , but work as a buff instead of an equipped item.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want affliction to be a spec with consistent damage instead of this bursty cooldown horseshit

Make Demonology great, stop the shitty imps and go to summon big guys.

Make Affliction a real dot spec again. THE dot spec.

so it looks like they keep the shitty ua stacking system. idk what they think, wotlk/cata aff was perfection. Bring it back!

Really wish warlock pet system gets reworked. After Legion, I really expected Blizzard to allow warlocks to tame/enslave their demons. So many amazing skins out there.

Please, PLEASE make shadowburn and fire and brimstone baseline for Destruction again. I loved the shadowburn sniping playstyle, it was by no means a difficult mechanic but really got the adrenaline going when you could use it and try to get as many in as possible before the boss died, and having fire and brimstone on a toggle like in MoP and WoD would be the icing on the cake!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    Please, PLEASE make shadowburn and fire and brimstone baseline for Destruction again. I loved the shadowburn sniping playstyle, it was by no means a difficult mechanic but really got the adrenaline going when you could use it and try to get as many in as possible before the boss died, and having fire and brimstone on a toggle like in MoP and WoD would be the icing on the cake!
    totally
    think that's why im feeling a bit flat really hope im wrong but it came across like the lesser spells
    are the ones coming back. Having them back as baseline would be brilliant

I only have 2 weishes since I know they are lazy as fuck.

1- Finish the damn warlock spell updates. Demonbolt still looks unfinished and doesn't work with green fire. Channel Demonfire and Soulfire still use their outdated animations. So does drain soul, at least bring the malefic grasp animation for drain soul.

2- Give warlocks a baseline spell interrupt.

That is all.

I'll be completely fine if chaos bolt ignores pally and priest shields again

10+ Year Old Account
    There was a similar thread to this a while back so I'll just repost what I said there:

For destro (especially a pvp point of view):

- revert all GCD changes
    - Reduce defensives and health regen
    - Remove GoSup
    - give back baseline utility spells like demonic circle, instant cast shadowfury, shadowflame, felflame, howl of terror, death coil, fel hunter self-dispell, Soul Harvest (Cata ver)
    - give back baseline soul fire, shadowburn, soul burn, and fire and brimstone
    - dramatically increase the damage of conflag and incinerate (charred embers may be gone as a talent but it's baked in)
    - give back baseline Dark Soul
    - bring back KJ's Cunning as a talent (speed reduction + cast all spells while moving version)

3+ Year Old Account
    Well the good news is we're getting back Curses and Doomguard.

And Demonic Circle as a baseline ability? Or did I misunderstand something?

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Well the good news is we're getting back Curses and Doomguard.

And Demonic Circle as a baseline ability? Or did I misunderstand something?
    Yup, demonic circle will be baseline again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wishlist for destruction:

* bring back MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Wishlist for destruction:

* bring back MoP
    Wishlist for Demonology:

* bring back MoP

Wishlist for Affliction:

* bring back Legion

I hope they overhaul the entire class and rework it from the ground up again... I absolutely hate what they did to it these last 2 xpacs.

Give each spec their proper niches back so they aren't stepping on each others toes so hard, get rid of the god awful 3 minute CD's aff and destro are focused around.

Some of the things they've mentioned have me cautiously optimistic that they're actually looking to change things pretty significantly, so I'm keeping an eye out. But if I don't see things like.. this iteration of infernal going away on destro I may just drop the class altogether assuming I come back at all.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I hope they overhaul the entire class and rework it from the ground up again... I absolutely hate what they did to it these last 2 xpacs.

Give each spec their proper niches back so they aren't stepping on each others toes so hard, get rid of the god awful 3 minute CD's aff and destro are focused around.

Some of the things they've mentioned have me cautiously optimistic that they're actually looking to change things pretty significantly, so I'm keeping an eye out. But if I don't see things like.. this iteration of infernal going away on destro I may just drop the class altogether assuming I come back at all.
    Unfortunately Holinka said in an interview that there will be no major class overhauls.

Which just means to me that they aim to distract people with a single extra gimmick covenant ability that will probably be visually more about the covenant than the class itself (borrowed power in yet another expansion) while people forget that other than that the classes play the same as Legion with the artifact pruned out (aka awful).

Demo will still be an imp mother, and they gloated about giving back curses as if that meant anything for PvE warlocks. The damn curses outside elements were worthless in PvE.

Someone tell me who actually wanted that clunky garbage curse of Doom back, it's got virtually all the worst aspects of a dot (super backloaded damage) and none of the good ones (mobs die before it even does the damage, the delay in damage makes it awful for multidotting priority targets and getting damage on the move).

Demo
    • Get rid of fucking implosion, hated it in legion and hate it now. Bring back demonwrath
    • Make the tier 21 4p Baseline
    • Remove the unessacary cast times on many abilities- Vilefiend, Tyrant, Portal, gateway. Why is Tyrant a cast time but infernal and darkglare arnt? its just fucking stupid
    • Bring back legion doom

Destro
    • Bring back baseline shadowburn and make it not suck

• Make rain of fire not suck
    • Make channel hellfire baseline
    • Bring back conflag slow, remove the root

Affliction
    • Just revert the entire spec back to mop but bring phatom singularity with it along with legion seed of corruption

All specs

• Make shadowbolt/incinerate/drain soul not suck. This applies to all classes but dont make the filler of a spec feel worthless.
    • ]Demonic Circle Baseline
    Last edited by Challenge; 2019-11-03 at 10:05 PM.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping that with all the "unpruning" they don't accidentally give us Cata Warlock again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Here's hoping that with all the "unpruning" they don't accidentally give us Cata Warlock again.
    cata warlocks were not very fun in pve but it was the shit in pvp at the time regardless of how clunky specs like destro and demo were. I'd take that over what we have now