Some new stuff on the old gods

So by that response c’thun and yogg are alive.

So the demons belong to Disorder and thus go to the Twisting Nether.

The Old Gods are created by the Void Lords. Their creation happened in the Void itself, so their souls would go back into the Void. That would though, that they are not in the Maw. Unless the Old Gods have the ability to decide to go into the Maw, even though it might be an unpleasant time there even for them.

But if they plan and more or less know, that they will be freed from there, they might be ready to endure the Maw instead of just going back into the Void. By that whole answer, the dead Old Gods could even get a new body in the Void and the Void Lords could manifest momentarily in the material universe again to fling the Old Gods towards Azeroth.

Only that the bodies and powers of the Old Gods would be whole and restored again in such a case. Like they were when they plummeted for the first time onto Azeroth. Bodies the size of mountains if i remember correctly from Chronicles 1.

I'm curious if N'Zoth being the weakest means he's also smaller than the other Old Gods, so I wouldn't be opposed to seeing an unleashed C'Thun and Yogg-Saron too.

I suppose it makes sense, too. If Natalie Seline managed to send her soul to the void to cheat death and come back later, an Old God wouldn't have any trouble doing the same.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-11-03 at 08:42 PM.

Alleria also says that the whispers are worsening despite N'Zoth's defeat, and that new voices have joined the chorus. What that means, I still do not know, but one thing is for certain: the Void Lords are most likely not hindered in any meaningful way by N'Zoth's defeat. 10.0 will probably be the Void Lords expansion we are all waiting for.

The Twilight Dragon Zeryxia in Legion also says she heres Sintharia's whispers from beyond the grave. And Sintharia was considered the mother of the Twilight Dragons. In her last incarnation she can probably be considered as a Void/Twilight-Dragon or aberration. So if her soul survived in the Void, it should definitely be possible for the Old Gods. So that would be potentially another example of a servant of the Void and Old Gods surviving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    So by that response c’thun and yogg are alive.
    Unsure if you're familar with the setting, but I like to think of the Old Gods in the same way as the Primordials or Yozis of the "Exalted" universe. You can kill them, and they die, but death for such a being isn't a permanent thing by any means. Death to a Primordial just causes a cycle of reincarnation and/or reinvention, so to speak; they don't cease to be inasmuch as they change forms. Akin to how Y'Shaarj's death brought about the Sha - Y'Shaarj's greater essence is still kicking, still active, but the essence of Y'Shaarj has changed because of its death. Are the new beings still Y'Shaarj? Well, that's more of a philosophical question - like the Ship of Theseus you might say.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead