Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    No, when people complain about something they want that is not in the game because they perceive a pattern, it's whining. They don't do it to let Blizzard know they are excited to try new things. If that were the case it would be civil and not the tired old lazy devs or filler expansion comments.
    that's you taking the entirety of the feedback regarding wanting a new class and claiming they are all saying negative things about devs or whatever. That's not even close to fair to those of us making more constructive comments. Again, this is just you getting to define what's complaining or whining versus feedback.

I wonder how you would feel if you posted a constructive comment for something you were hopeful for, then because some others posted feedback in a more negative fashion, you automatically get lumped in as a whiner.

Just to be clear, I've seen constructive comments addressed to blizz that they'd like to see a new class put on their radar/priority list. I didn't take it as whining. When I see folks like yourself, come in and say "your feedback is not valid. In fact, it's not feedback at all, it's just whining. Stop whining..." Hmm, that to me, is where the toxicity comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    Meanwhile, shamans, who commune with SPIRITS OF THE ANCESTORS, get shafted while we get yet another druid zone.
    Nope. Warcraft shamans are elementalist. They commune with the elements, not with the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    that's you taking the entirety of the feedback regarding wanting a new class and claiming they are all saying negative things about devs or whatever. That's not even close to fair to those of us making more constructive comments. Again, this is just you getting to define what's complaining or whining versus feedback.

I wonder how you would feel if you posted a constructive comment for something you were hopeful for, then because some others posted feedback in a more negative fashion, you automatically get lumped in as a whiner.

Just to be clear, I've seen constructive comments addressed to blizz that they'd like to see a new class put on their radar/priority list. I didn't take it as whining. When I see folks like yourself, come in and say "your feedback is not valid. In fact, it's not feedback at all, it's just whining. Stop whining..." Hmm, that to me, is where the toxicity comes in.
    Do it because I don't really hope for anything. Just give me new raids, new dungeons, and new story. But here's the thing. If they announced an expansion without any of those, I'll stop playing. I wouldn't come tonthe forums to complain. I'd offer my feedback on the way out on my cancel form and peek in every Nov to see if anything peaks my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Of course Ion would never say that they just didn't do new class because of too much work. I am looking forward to him pulling his hair out as he realizes his utter failure to do atleast one expansion right. Sometimes I think Ion hates WoW with all his heart.
    You're joking, right? You're not actually this needlessly bitter and cynical, are you? No. You're joking. Ha-ha. Funny joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    How you typed that with a straight face is a mystery.
    Unholy: raising dead, plagues, diseases
    Blood: blood magic and bones
    Frost: ice, glacial spells

Yes, straight face.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    A valid point, if somewhat one-sided.

Its too bad they're not doing that either though.
    Your crystal ball must be well worth what you spent on it.
    I'll take their word over yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're joking, right? You're not actually this needlessly bitter and cynical, are you? No. You're joking. Ha-ha. Funny joke.
    Oh, he can. And so can the rest.

Really sad.

Seems like the perfect time to make a DK... I'm only wondering if the DK starting zone will be changed and which one I should take my DK through.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdeeds View Post
    1. it's "whining" because you get to define it that way. Okay, check.

2. presumably there will be future xpacs, yea? And it might be good for blizz to know how much ppl are looking for some newness, like new classes. So, I kinda want to define it as feedback, instead of "useless whining", k?
    No, it's whining because it's pointless and based entirely on someone wanting a certain thing even after it's been decided they're not getting said thing this time around.

The same principle as when a kid is told he won't be getting a chocolate bar at the store, and then proceeding to proclaim how he wants one all the same.
    I stipulated quite clearly the differences between feedback, and the fact that they've collected that exact thing over multiple expansions, vs whining. Telling me that you wanted a class instead of what you're getting and that my happiness with focus being given to already existing classes is somehow selfish, isn't feedback. It's whining to a stranger online.

If you want to believe that they'll add a new class to Shadowlands overnight thanks to whining, be my guest. They will 100% surely add new classes down the line if they see a reason for doing so, and that's about all that can be said on the matter.

Fine.
    But hopefully we are getting dark rangers or necromancer next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Again with this? I'm starting to look like a parrot, but here we go again:

The problem with necromancers is that their theme and mechanics are already covered.

- Theme: Death Knights.
    * Raise dead? Check.
    * Unholy and frost magic? Check.
    - Mechanics: Warlocks.
    * Ranged magic user? Check.
    * Curses/debuffs? Check.
    * Summon lots of minions to wear off the enemy? Check.

I can't think of something enough different in theme or mechanics to make a new class with at least 2 specs without stepping a lot into those 2 classes, and I think Blizzard has the same problem. Look at all the whinig we had because they removed Metamorphosis from Demonology (a thing they shouldn't had in the 1st place, becoming a demon was never the theme of Demo) to give it to the DHs.
    You say all of this as if there isn't thematic and mechanic overlay already in the existing classes, and that there hasn't been precedence set down to tweak existing classes to bring in new ones. You also say all of this as if we haven't been seeing a ton of new types of ways for death magic to appear and to act in the recent expansions. There's enough material that they could have easily made a necromancer class based more off of soulbinders and soul magic, which at the very least could easily have a dps and healing spec, looking and feeling thematically and mechanically different from both death knights and warlocks while still dipping into the same schools of magics that they do.

Is it the normal fantasy version of a necromancer? No, but soulbinders, souls, ghosts, etc have been a big part of WoW since forever and there isn't a playable class that REALLY delves into that sort of magic. In fact, this expansion would have been the perfect time FOR a class with these specialties and this thematic, considering we're going straight into the source of power that soulbinders braw from.

Covenant skill let frost use 2h again?... Lol
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said numerous times on this forum: Death Knights are the playable Necromancers of WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    if there is no fire dk or 2H frost then im not rly interested

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Nope. Warcraft shamans are elementalist. They commune with the elements, not with the dead.
    That's not true at all. Shamans in warcraft commune with all spirits. For a lot of shamans this means a focus on communing with elemental spirits to understand natural phenomena and to earn guidance/protection from the land for their people but they also have heavy reliance on talking with their ancestors (which is clearly shown in game with quests). There just isn't much of a gameplay representation of that fact other than naming conventions for some abilities...because really, how would you even do that? They aren't going to shoot their ancestor at you or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    They've clearly changed their tune as far as class design goes, not mincing their words on what they're going to address, so no I ain't buying what you're selling there. They were quite clear leading up to BfA that they were maintaining the class design philosophies from Legion, but with the added cherry of removing the Artifact weapons which made things worse.

And yes, feedback is good. Whining that an expansion confirmed to not have a new class, should have one "because I wants it", is meaningless. They're probably already aware from data and feedback in WoD, TBC, Cata and BfA as to how players feel about there being a new class vs not.

Ya'll are sad there's no new class? Ok.
    I'm glad there's focus on current classes? Ok.

People like different things. The company literally producing the product are the ones with a final say on what should or shouldn't be there though, and in Shadowlands, there is no new class. Nothing more to it than that. Saying "it SHOULD have been!" is entirely emotionally motivated. The fact is that there won't be one, and some of us are happy as clams to see ducked up classes get the spotlight instead.
    It took whining for them to even fix classes. Not sure what you're selling here.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    That is the google translate equivalent of the first question. Blizzard states that there is no obligation for a new class (occupation) or race for every other expansion, and that the death knight is the class they focused on instead.
    Of course they have no obligation. They have no obligations of any kind to do they best they can for the customer. Their sole obligation is to the stockholders. And, from the mixed reactions, it looks like they have succeeded in suckering a good chunk of the remaining player base.

It was expected that odd expansions have new classes and even expansions have new races because it was expected that in return for shelling out $15 / mo and paying money for each expansion that Blizz would put a *lot* of effort into the expansions. Those expectations have been run over by a greedy corporation. Whether people understand that reality is another matter....

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Like I said numerous times on this forum: Death Knights are the playable Necromancers of WoW.
    Also you said Tinker gonna be playable class in 9.0 ; sorry but i cant trust your words.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-11-04 at 12:05 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    From a recent Chinese interview...

https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553&rand=543

That is the google translate equivalent of the first question. Blizzard states that there is no obligation for a new class (occupation) or race for every other expansion, and that the death knight is the class they focused on instead.
    Let's see...DK= death knight. emphasis on DEATH. Interesting that they are focusing on DK class for two expacs. Go figure.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck View Post
    Fine.
    But hopefully we are getting dark rangers or necromancer next expansion!
    No point in Necromancers. In the WoW world, DKs fill that role. We will get Tinkers before we get necros or dark rangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Short-sighted people need not be catered for.

Fixing the chief complaint of BfA, aka how classes play, is and should be taking priority over putting out a new class for FOTM-rollers to occupy themselves with for a couple of months.
    This.

/10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Of course they have no obligation. They have no obligations of any kind to do they best they can for the customer. Their sole obligation is to the stockholders. And, from the mixed reactions, it looks like they have succeeded in suckering a good chunk of the remaining player base.

It was expected that odd expansions have new classes and even expansions have new races because it was expected that in return for shelling out $15 / mo and paying money for each expansion that Blizz would put a *lot* of effort into the expansions. Those expectations have been run over by a greedy corporation. Whether people understand that reality is another matter....
    Speaking of people that don't understand things, you might wanna spend some time reading up on how opinions work.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.