Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    I ask you, Tinker fans, who thought they had a chance.
    I ask you, Necromancer fans, who thought they had a chance.
    I ask you, Dark Ranger fans, who thought they had a chance.

Why?

Expecting any class was understandable, considering the "pattern" of getting one every other expansion. But on the poll where it asked your "least favorite" part of the Shadowlands reveal, it wasn't that there was no class. It was that it wasn't the class you wanted.

Tinkers, looking at you. Nobody except fake leakers told you that Tinkers were going to be in this expansion. Like someone in denial you told yourself "but it's the only Hero class from Warcraft that makes sense!"
    You said that "in the realm of death, only that made of machine can survive!"
    You tried so hard to reason with yourself that this would come to pass. And you have the gall to blame the developer that this false promise lay unfulfilled?

To the Necromancers:
    I'll agree that if they were to be introduced, this would be the expansion for it. But there was already backlash for Demon Hunters taking some of the class fantasy of Warlocks. The Demonology fans who lost Metamorphosis were sore, and some still are. And you expected them to introduce a class that would steal class fantasy from Death Knights? Sure, they could have been differentiated enough. But if you had told somebody about both classes side by side, the differences wouldn't be enough.

To the Dark Rangers:
    I don't know what to say. The class as the lore is written only makes sense for Forsaken. Even if you were to broaden the class to "Ranger", you're just calling a class what a Marksman Hunter already is. It may have worked as a Fourth Talent Spec, but honestly, this was the class idea that was grasping the most.

I don't mean to say I don't understand your disappointment. I really do. But Blizzard never promised any of these. Fake leakers did, and you got your hopes up, knowing full well that 99% would be wrong.

And I know that you will be angry at me for telling you this. Let it all out. Let this be your catharsis.
    To me new class=new way to have fun. I don't complaint about lore if I'm enjoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Ikr, I'm kinda hoping necromancer will be one of the remaining 2 they've yet to announce though.

I feel like they're adding the 5 most popular classes from D2, which should mean the 2 unannounced classes will be paladin and necromancer ( those 5 classes were the most played/popular back then ).
    I am pretty sure Necromancer will be one, after all Lilith is mother of Rathma and he is the guy who got all the Necromancers started there and he is not very fond of his mother there, so sounds like things might click there.

It is only natural Necromancers will be interested in this whole hot mess in particular both because of Rathma and because Lilith messes with balance.

Tone down on the patronizing attitude there OP...

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    When did I say people can't discuss or express their displeasure? You can do that all you want but don't be surprised when somebody like me points it out for what it really is: Entitlement.
    How is it entitlement to say "This is what I want out of a product that I pay for." ?????

Your logic is beyond absurd.

Don't be surprised when we point out what you really are: a Corporate Bootlicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    How is it entitlement to say "This is what I want out of a product that I pay for." ?????
    Please, in your infinite wisdom, what makes your suggestion about what should or shouldn't be in a product you pay for any more relevant than anybody else's suggestion about what should or shouldn't be in a product you pay for?

You can be upset about them not adding a class. But throwing a temper tantrum on the internet and saying shit like, "I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BLIZZARD PRODUCT AGAIN" because they didn't just makes you look foolish. (Not saying you said this, but there have been plenty of people who've said something similar.) If you don't like it, don't buy it. There are plenty of us who will and it doesn't make you a better person because you feel like your opinion somehow matters more than somebody else's because you feel like you deserve it.

Please, in your infinite wisdom, what makes your suggestion about what should or shouldn't be in a product you pay for any more relevant than anybody else's suggestion about what should or shouldn't be in a product you pay for?
    I never claimed any single opinion was more relevant. But it's not "entitlement" to have an expectation for, or requirement of, a product you purchase. Like you said though, the only recourse is not to purchase the product because it's Blizzard's decision at the end of the day whether to include a feature or not.

It's ridiculous for people to throw a temper tantrum over not getting what they want. But it's not ridiculous for people to want something specific in a product they buy.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-04 at 12:20 AM.

I never claimed any single opinion was more relevant. But it's not "entitlement" to have an expectation for, or requirement of, a product you purchase.

Like you said though, the only recourse is not to purchase the product because it's Blizzard's decision at the end of the day whether to include a feature or not.
    ...? My only criticism was against people who are now mad that Shadowlands doesn't have a new class and they feel like it should. You're literally agreeing with me now.

I don't even, dude. Take it easy.

No one is blaming Blizzard for breaking any "promise".

Blizzard is being blamed for trying to sell us a featureless expansion.
    I think this sums it up pretty nicely.

...? My only criticism was against people who are now mad that Shadowlands doesn't have a new class and they feel like it should. You're literally agreeing with me now.

I don't even, dude. Take it easy.
    I'm not agreeing with you insulting people for wanting a specific feature. That's what I find absurd.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone being disappointed that Shadowlands doesn't have a feature they want (especially when there's plenty of historical reasons to think there would be a new class).

That doesn't make them entitled. At all. That just makes them a normal fucking consumer.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Tone down on the patronizing attitude there OP...
    Also...this.

I'm not agreeing with you insulting people for wanting a specific feature. That's what I find absurd.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with someone being disappointed that Shadowlands doesn't have a feature they want (especially when there's plenty of historical reasons to think there would be a new class).

That doesn't make them entitled. At all. That just makes them a normal fucking consumer.
    This entire exchange started with me laughing at a dude comparing the lack of a new class in Shadowlands with getting something shitty from Santa. If that isn't the literal definition of entitlement, I don't know what is.

This entire exchange started with me laughing at a dude comparing the lack of a new class in Shadowlands with getting something shitty from Santa. If that isn't the literal definition of entitlement, I don't know what is.
    Or maybe you're just taking his post far too serious.

Over-the-top analogies aside, the point was that BFA was turd, and he's disappointed with Shadowlands so far. That in and of itself is not entitlement.

Or maybe you're just taking his post far too serious.

The point was that BFA was turd, and he's disappointed with Shadowlands so far. That in and of itself is not entitlement.
    Right, and I'm the one displaying mental gymnastics? Move the goal posts all you want, my issue was never against people complaining about their disappointment. It's the sheer audacity of some of the people on this forum who really honestly must think that the entire universe centers around them and what they feel is best for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by jzhbee View Post
    *snip*
    To be fair the only reason I thought necromancer might be even a little bit likely is because they introduced necromancer mobs in island expeditions with unique animations and spell effects that weren't reused from a preexisting source. To me, that seemed like a lot of effort for something so trivial as a random ass mob in a random ass instance.

Not that I ever advocated it on any kind of platform; I just thought it more likely than an entire class that's basically a gnome, or a hunter dipped in edgy paint.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It's not like they'll never introduce another class ever again.

Soon even mineself a runemaster lover one day I will finaly have mine tank with cloth armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Us Dragonsworn fans are chopped liver I see
    I actually thought of the Dragonsworn people when Covenants were announced,as it's very similar in concept.

Akshually, its a combination of both:
    Not having new class + features advertised being very slim.

Like, even island expedition wasn't really uber fun, it was still something I did for at least a year, 3 times per week and not out of necessity but I geniuely liked change of pace.
    I especially liked nuke strat, when tank pulled entire map and we duked it with N.U.K.E.M

Warfronts were fun for fist couple of times.

I'm not even talking about grinds.

And what do we get in Shadowlands? One infinite procedurally generated dungeon that will last 6 months tops.
    All these changes ain't gonna keep me in game lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Akshually, its a combination of both:
    Not having new class + features advertised being very slim.

Like, even island expedition wasn't really uber fun, it was still something I did for at least a year, 3 times per week and not out of necessity but I geniuely liked change of pace.
    I especially liked nuke strat, when tank pulled entire map and we duked it with N.U.K.E.M

Warfronts were fun for fist couple of times.

I'm not even talking about grinds.

And what do we get in Shadowlands? One infinite procedurally generated dungeon that will last 6 months tops.
    All these changes ain't gonna keep me in game lol.

And what...will? It sounds like you have one foot out the door already and are just using the "lack of features" in Shadowlands to justify your decision to leave anyway.

And what...will? It sounds like you have one foot out the door already and are just using the "lack of features" in Shadowlands to justify your decision to leave anyway.
    How rich. You've already quit the game and you're admonishing people who are displeased with the current shit show we have.

Starting to think you like arguing just to argue.