Are we getting the vanilla world back in 9.0?

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or if it was answered, but could we be getting the original pre cataclysm story arc back as part of the Chromie leveling choice experience?

If you see this image, it could be interpreted as WoW and Cataclysm as two separate experiences, alternatively the Cataclysm story arc could only relate to the new cata zones (deepholm, twilight highlands, uldum, vash jir etc).

Thoughts?
    I expect it is just wishful thinking by me, but it'd be nice to be able to choose the original questing experience and story lines once in a while

I imagine its Cata 80-85 leveling zones.

Original pre cataclysm story arc, what was it ? I'm doing classic and there isn't one lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I saw somewhere it is the Classic zones, and why not - they developed it anyway, might as well use it.

Plus - it'd be an easy way for them to not have to smooth out the story arcs and make them linear when they can just part the game up.

Anyway I think someone was asking about updated character models, and Blizz answered that no, the classic setup wasn't designed for the new character models, basically. I'll see if I can find it. Pure conjecture until I do.
    Last edited by Nemah; 2019-11-04 at 02:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, don't get my hopes up. Putting the old, pre-Cata world back through Chromie or any other bronze dragon has been my dream since they started using that method with Blasted Lands combined with when classic was announced.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

ofcourse not. They are streamlining leveling to make it faster. Vanilla azeroth was utter shit with no questflow what so ever. So there is 0 % chance that is ever coming back

No, it's not. I've watched all WoW panels, think they might have mentioned such a thing if it was happening.

I think choosing "World of Warcraft" would be post cata EK and Kalimdor. Choosing WoW: Cataclysm would send ya straight to Mount Hyjal.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    No, it's not. I've watched all WoW panels, think they might have mentioned such a thing if it was happening.
    It was more along the lines of:
    1.) New starting experience for all classes for 1-10
    2.) Pick where you want to level (some Wrath content, BC maybe, or just straight BfA) 10-50
    3.) Shadowlands 50-60

Or that's what I got out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious what the new expansion caps will be for levels.

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I think choosing "World of Warcraft" would be post cata EK and Kalimdor. Choosing WoW: Cataclysm would send ya straight to Mount Hyjal.
    This is also my thinking but I suppose it is early enough in the dev cycle that we could ask for original quests and maybe get it?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or if it was answered, but could we be getting the original pre cataclysm story arc back as part of the Chromie leveling choice experience?

If you see this image, it could be interpreted as WoW and Cataclysm as two separate experiences, alternatively the Cataclysm story arc could only relate to the new cata zones (deepholm, twilight highlands, uldum, vash jir etc).

Thoughts?
    I expect it is just wishful thinking by me, but it'd be nice to be able to choose the original questing experience and story lines once in a while
    quite possibly - I mean they have all the data from Classic; wouldn't be too difficult to re-jig it. that being said, would piss off all the Classic fanboys. I am actually curious as to how far they will go; like if it is post Cata then will we have Garrosh as WC again? or will it be updated to the current state of play. for example, questing through the Barrens post Cata and seeing the Kor'kron outposts that arrived in 5.3 kinda doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2019-11-04 at 02:49 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's to separate the Cata 1-60 from the Cata 80-85.

They aren't gonna take down Classic at the knees by letting you play Nostalgia Land in Shadowlands.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

i see myself doing legion for the artifact then TBC or WOTLK quests...or if they dont nerf wod, handynotes and click trasures

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post

Thoughts?
    It would be a nice plus to have both the Vanilla and Cata EK/Kalimdor to level in. Might actually tempt me to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Original pre cataclysm story arc, what was it ? I'm doing classic and there isn't one lol.
    Not that the Cata update brought any more lore to the quests.

Better question is why would you pick that questing experience over any of the others?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Vanilla path will just be the Cata versions. There is no way Blizzard will fix up the Classic zones for flying.