Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The jailer is an entirely new creation and isn’t anyone we’ve seen before. Straight outta the devs mouth.

Back when TFA was on the horizon of release, RedLetterMedia made a parody video mocking theorists/listicle and podcast hypemen.

At one point they zoomed in on a really indistinct blur and yelled "OH MY GAAAAWD, IS THAT BOBA FETT?!"

That's basically been the last 48 hours with the reaction to the fucking Jailor. He's a likely generic, flat invention of a setting out of villains. Twiddly dee.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Wooosh.. You completely ignored the whole topic and what Blizzard stated
    Like I missed the part where they said Sylvanas' story wasn't anything like Garrosh's :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Like I missed the part where they said Sylvanas' story wasn't anything like Garrosh's :P
    Oh edgy! Using ancient meme responses. At least be original..

The jailer is totally not going to be Sylvanas' Amon. Nope. Definitely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The jailor will probably turn out to be Mueh'zala

The Jailer is the boss of the Maw and from the official Shadowlands site, it states the Maw contains many reality ending level prisoners. Arthas is probably powerful enough to defeat a single reality ending creature because of his skills and willpower but I highly doubt even he is powerful enough to keep multiple reality ending level prisoners in check not to mention the rest of the most evil demons, aliens, and minor gods that's also contained there. So just by this fact, Arthas shouldn't be the Jailer.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Oh edgy! Using ancient meme responses. At least be original..
    Yeah, we are truly fortunate that it turned out to be only a "meme"!

See this shit is exactly why Blizzard used the Helm of Domination to break the dam into the Shadowlands. Y’all keep riding Ner’zhul and Arthas to be anything more than they actually are.

The Jailer is an actual god. Not a human and orc soul hybrid necromancer. That’s the right way to do it.

For every character that's said "I see only darkness" when they die, we can safely assume that to mean they've gone to the Maw.

So that'd be like Helya, Vigfus, Arthas the Bone Arbiter, Sylvannas, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Newly created character to propel the death story.

Literal quote about the Jailor. None of the characters we know can fit that bill then.
    I thought Jailer was the second in command in charge of the Torghast or whatever, the guy who looks like the LK with wings.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-04 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post

This screenshot comes from a video by Nobbel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkrCBfx-y0&t=971s

He sees that the crown of The Jailer is similar to one that was worn by Terenas Menethil.

Additionally, the hair of The Jailer is really similar to Arthas.

What do you think? Do you see any connection here?
    They literally said: "no, is not arthas, arthas is dead". It was in a Q&A I think.

That's not a crown. That's a hood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    No. Sylvanas saw Arthas's soul being tormented in the Maw in Edge of Night.

He's not the Jailer. He's a prisoner there.
    Yep, and considering the story revolving around this expansion, I'm now wondering how many other named characters are also suffering in the maw.

Tirion? Varian? Any number of souls who died between Wrath and now are potentially stuck in the maw unable to properly pass on. It will be interesting to see how many named and known characters in the Warcraft lore will be seen or mentioned. Might even see Garithos beside Kael'Thas... wouldn't that be irony.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Sorgesh View Post

This screenshot comes from a video by Nobbel:

He sees that the crown of The Jailer is similar to one that was worn by Terenas Menethil.

Additionally, the hair of The Jailer is really similar to Arthas.

What do you think? Do you see any connection here?
    Ion immediately said it's not Arthas, Arthas is dead. Which is also a weird comment, cause we're in the Shadowlands. It's the realm of the dead. But I would expect Arthas to be in the Maw, suffering. And they also said that the jailor is a completely new character.

Quote Originally Posted by viampyri View Post
    The jailor will probably turn out to be Mueh'zala
    Mueh'zala is just Bwonsamdi by a different name.

By the way, I don't know if I'm the only one here, but that silhouette looked like the jailor has a very strange-looking shape, so I wouldn't expect it to be any normal being.

At one point I thought it kinda looked gorilla-like.

They said it was a completely new character why are these forums so obsessed with trying to speculate of who the jailer is

"They said". Just as they said Grommash was WoD's last boss, or that Sylvanas perhaps didn't burn that tree.

But yeah, they said. So that's true.

Oh and btw, they said Titanforging is not bad.