Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

it sounds a lot there will be nothing to do at max öevel

So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    I don't think this will end well.

Inb4 "world quests are content"

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    A little bit early with that prediction, Nostradamus. Let's wait until we actually see what content there is to do at max level before we start complaining that there isn't enough of it.

the next WoD
    were there actually IS content to do
    There was nothing to do in WoD but raidlog.

Mythics, WQ, Maw, Thorgast, Raids

So exactly the same as now

World Quests
    your dailies to get rep with covenant probably drip feed in rep until you unlock enough to get a new talent point with them
    Heroic dungeon
    Thorgast endless dungeon until you get spanked and can't progress anymore until you need more rep from covenant soulbind talent probably

repeat for first month until raid comes out and mythic dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    There was nothing to do in WoD but raidlog.
    Thats tte whole isue. There WAS stuff to do, but nobody did it, as it was completely meaningless (e.g. Garrison invasions, daily quests and reputations)

I mean there was nothing in BfA to keep you busy, unless you enjoyed grinding islands, it offered zero endgame content besides what we already had in previous expansions(worldquests, m+, raiding, one campaign thats gated)
    This time around you'll actually have another campaign(covenant) but its supposedly not hardgated as it was previously and offers alot of sideroutes for customization etc if thats your thing, ontop of that you have torghast which should consume a good chunk of time and the area of The Maw itself probably has some content to it.
    Im looking forward to this alot more than the BfA endgame content.
    Not to mention we might finally be back to getting a good first tier raid, progressing 10 bosses should be a decent side objective aswell unlike the 7 boss stomps uldir/EN have been
    Edit: Also it seems like getting an alt up to par might be something to consider again since its not as restrictive and grindy like it was in BfA, i for one will probably play 2 characters all expansion just because i would like to experience more than one covenant, i do understand not evryone has the time or will to play another character though so thats subjective
    Basically Legion concept, (Maw beeing Suramar, Thorgast beeing upgraded Withered training)
    so if you thought legion had enough endgame for you, you will be satisfied with this aswell
    Last edited by Dreen; 2019-11-04 at 09:32 AM.

Maybe you should play because it is fun, not because there's some reward. Have you ever tried that?

Thats tte whole isue. There WAS stuff to do, but nobody did it, as it was completely meaningless (e.g. Garrison invasions, daily quests and reputations)
    But people didn't find them interesting. People chose to raid because they liked to do it. Same with battlegrounds, arena and Mythic+. Garrison invasions weren't interesting to a lot of people and so they weren't done, daily quests weren't interesting to most people so they weren't done and the same with Rep. If people hate doing WQ and only do them because they have to maybe its not the best system in the game.

It'll have basically the same stuff at max level as BfA: World quests, mythic dungeons, raiding, story content. Then with the extra of the endless dungeon and then whatever they're doing in the Maw.

The only things that won't be there from BfA are the Island Expeditions and the Warfronts. Both of which were boring shit content that I don't know why anyone would miss them.

Torghast and maw is obviously max level content.

How is Torghast (a rogue-like endless dungeon with changing affixes) not max level content? It also gives you resources to build a legendary weapon of your choice, with your own bonuses. I mean hello, if this ain't reward enough then what is? Also, m+ and all that shit that WoD didn't have is still in the game.

Criticism is fine, its healthy, but when you criticize things that are just completely false there's an agenda behind it, and that is what pisses people off, try stay objective, please.

they are repeating WoD fiasco where "content" meant stuff to do only for hardcore playerbase

its basicly return to "Raid or die" mentality with 0 content for casual crowd.

how it will end up we already seen in WoD when 5 mln people left game in first 6 months. Now they will repeat this "succes" in 1 month because people know better.

basickly Shadowlands is dead expansion before its arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post

I have been there again and again over the years. People will just say "This is not content" and leave you with this. But I would be glad if somebody explains there stance.

I mean, we already had the guy saying that ironically "INB4 WQs are content" - imho ironically implying they are not. So I am always happy when somebody explains when something is content and when it is not.
    There is a quite simple definition of content, it's not based on what anyones preference is, SHOCKER. Even pet battling is content, WQs is for sure content. Just because some people don't like certain content doesn't mean it isnt.. Content. There's no quality-requirement attached to what is deemed content or not, its so fucking simple.
    Last edited by Krille; 2019-11-04 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    did we watched the same panel?
    you got everything relevant now + an endless dungeons that grants custom legendary crafts lol

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are repeating WoD fiasco where "content" meant stuff to do only for hardcore playerbase

how it will end up we already seen in WoD when 5 mln people left game in first 6 months.

Once again, Torghast (which you can run solo) is not content for casuals? Mind = blown. What content did you see for casuals in BFA and Legion?

I think that's because a lot of the max level content is tied to the covenants and they don't want to say too much on it until it's closer to finalized or being put in. There's also the progress of Torghast too. Right now it's always hard to tell since it's a lot of previews. Once we get closer to Alpha/Beta stage is when we'll see more of the ideas/goals.

Oh and there's also the max level zone only, I want to say Maw? but I might be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ohhhhhh..it is THIS kind of thread. You are the guy who knows what everybody and nobody did. Funny...I didn't raid and still was doing stuff, guess I am nobody.

Not saying that WoD wasn't pissing people off, but it would be cool if this generalisations about what people do and don't do goes away. Hell..right off the bat I can tell you there are people who only do pvp and don't give a toss a bout 5 mans, rep, raids or even flying.

But trying to just look at it impassively: We are 10 months away from the game and you have no clue when and what stuff we will get in patches. Did you predict everything that would end up on Cata / Legion etc on the day of the announcement?

- - - Updated - - -

I have been there again and again over the years. People will just say "This is not content" and leave you with this. But I would be glad if somebody explains there stance.

I mean, we already had the guy saying that ironically "INB4 WQs are content" - imho ironically implying they are not. So I am always happy when somebody explains when something is content and when it is not.
    but we do know what people did.

people left game and went to plan on Nost.

thats what people did .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Once again, Torghast (which you can run solo) is not content for casuals? Mind = blown. What content did you see for casuals in BFA and Legion?
    Torgast was described as hardcore content - they compared it direckly to mage tower which was ignored by majority of playerbase untill last 2 weeks of expansion when people by getting free full unlock on artifact and full raid gear from last tier were finaly able to do some of them by basickly i

unless you gonna claim it will have some sort of "normal mode" for regular people
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-11-04 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

how it will end up we already seen in WoD when 5 mln people left game in first 6 months. Now they will repeat this "succes" in 1 month because people know better.

It has basically the same casual content that BfA has though. The only main differences is Island Expeditions and Warfronts are gone and there's the endless dungeon and whatever the Maw will be instead.