Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Bolvar =/= Arthas. And without the helm is he is just a burned Bolvar. He wasn't evil to begin with.

Arthas on the other hand was on his journey for power even before getting his hands on Frostmourne and the helm.
    Arthas without the helmet and without Frostmourne isn't evil either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    You mean purging Strat, burning his own ships and blaming the mercenaries eventually getting his army killed and 'sacrificing' muradin ti get his hands on the power were signs of goodness?
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

7+ Year Old Account
    just because he defended against bigger evil, doesn't mean he him self is not evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Hardly...
    he was a misguided spoiled kid, who did some very questionable things.
    Albeit Stratholme might be interpreted in any way, cause it was a "no-win" kind of deal... what happened in Dragonblight is another kind of story.

Bolvar in Legion had the deep evil voice and did some evil shit.
    Bolvar in BFA dropped the deep evil voice for the non DKs and pretended to be about balance.

Most likely they planned for Bolvar to be a main antagonist in Shadowlands and then scrapped it and went with Sylvanas. Probably sometime between Legion and BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by shuubu View Post
    In the legion DK campaign the Lich king was portrayed as a rather evil chap with plans of his own, as presented in the finale of getting the class mount. Now he's a good guy again with a completely different voice too in Shadowlands. Is it safe to assume that not even happenings in the game can be considered as canon and things can change into "titan's perspective" at whim?
    If anything he was Chaotic Neutral, what you consider to be evil is a means to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    You mean purging Strat, burning his own ships and blaming the mercenaries eventually getting his army killed and 'sacrificing' muradin ti get his hands on the power were signs of goodness?
    This has been argued a million times.

The people at Stratholme were infected and a quick decision had to be made. He did it to protect his people and make sure the plague would not spread to more innocent people. This is not an act of evil.

The mercenaries were killers for hire. No noble act to frame them, but still, hardly an act of evil to sacrifice some thugs to save your own people.

What people like you completely disregard is the intent here. The intent was not to gain something for himself, but to do what is best for his people. His decisions might not have been the right ones, but the intent was good.

As far as Muradin goes, Arthas did not sacrifice him. It said the blade was cursed and Arthas said "I'd bear any curse to save my people". (Again there is probably nothing more noble than damning your own soul to save your people). That Muradin was killed as Arthas took up the sword was not an action on Arthas' part.

And if we look at what other people did, by this standard, so many other people would be so much more evil than him.

Like Tyrande killing her own people when freeing Illidan and Jaina killing innocent Blood Elves in Dalaran.

So let's put this to rest. All the evil things Arthas did, he did while under the influence of Frostmourne or the helmet. All the things he did before could be considered reckless and unwise, but were the actions of a prince that loved his people and was willing to sacrifice his soul to save them.

I won't say more on the matter because people repeat the same dumb lines every time the topic is brought up.

I didn't view Bolvar as evil. Light's Hope was a test and he has good reason to have disdain for the red dragonflight. His goading of the player DK I felt was more pushing us to succeed. I also thought it was obvious he was working toward a goal and with the new expansion his objectives are clearer with needing the Four Horsemen and the might of Acherus.

His alignment is similar to the Ebon Blade, they do what must be done and it's not always pretty.

I've never considered Arthas to be a good person even during his paladin days.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

This has been argued a million times.

The people at Stratholme were infected and a quick decision had to be made. He did it to protect his people and make sure the plague would not spread to more innocent people. This is not an act of evil.

The mercenaries were killers for hire. No noble act to frame them, but still, hardly an act of evil to sacrifice some thugs to save your own people.

What people like you completely disregard is the intent here. The intent was not to gain something for himself, but to do what is best for his people. His decisions might not have been the right ones, but the intent was good.

As far as Muradin goes, Arthas did not sacrifice him. It said the blade was cursed and Arthas said "I'd bear any curse to save my people". (Again there is probably nothing more noble than damning your own soul to save your people). That Muradin was killed as Arthas took up the sword was not an action on Arthas' part.

And if we look at what other people did, by this standard, so many other people would be so much more evil than him.

Like Tyrande killing her own people when freeing Illidan and Jaina killing innocent Blood Elves in Dalaran.

So let's put this to rest. All the evil things Arthas did, he did while under the influence of Frostmourne or the helmet. All the things he did before could be considered reckless and unwise, but were the actions of a prince that loved his people and was willing to sacrifice his soul to save them.

I won't say more on the matter because people repeat the same dumb lines every time the topic is brought up.
    Be that as it may, let say that the purpose justifies the means in this case. He did nothing to resist that "corruption", before or after having is revenge, he embraced it.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)