Thread: Diablo 4 Druid

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Talking Diablo 4 Druid

Watched a lot of gameplay on youtube, the druid looks so SAVAGE!!!

There was me thinking I'd be maining Barb again but nope Druid all the way with a Barb alt lool.

I really hoped for the return of this class since D3 release and its more than i imagined I'd get.

What class got you most excited?

I'm definitely not playing barbarian again. I've almost always played the warrior class in the past but now I'm god damn sick of it, maybe as an alt.

Still waiting for the remaining 2 classes but for now I'll leaning towards druid. Maybe necromancer if released.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Druid was my favorite class in d2 and I’m hype that it’s back and they’re streamlining the hell out of its combat. Only complaint is that they made him look like a barbarian. I thought the lean muscled up Druid with the wolf pelt cloak and animal head was amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Watched a lot of gameplay on youtube, the druid looks so SAVAGE!!!

There was me thinking I'd be maining Barb again but nope Druid all the way with a Barb alt lool.

I really hoped for the return of this class since D3 release and its more than i imagined I'd get.

What class got you most excited?
    Druid was my fave back in D2.

Going by those three classes showcased, I'm likely to go Druid main, and Sorceress 2nd. Buuuut... if a necromancer is added... hmm... it'd be a tough call which one would be my main, but it would surely be either druid or necro, with the other being 2nd main.

Also, tangentially related: "druid", "sorceress", "barbarian". "Druid" and "sorceress" are character names almost exclusive to Diablo 2 (D1 was called "sorcerer"), so I wonder if the class line-up will match Diablo 2's classes. I sure hope so.

The gameplay looks nice, but it seems that Wolf- and Bearform are pretty much only cosmetic if it changes automatically based on ability? Normal attacks in wolf form, aoe stuns and smashes in bear (and then you instantly transform back?). So it's just eyecandy, not a dedicated playstyle like in D2?

Would be a shame, but maybe this is where talents/runes/legendaries come in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the final two classes.

However, as it stands now: IF there's a build that plays like D2 Fury Wolf, that will be my first played character. If that doesn't exist, but Paladin/Crusader/Any kind of heavy armour, Sword and Board melee is announced, I'll main that.

If niether of those exist, I'll probably go Bear Druid.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Not super thrilled about how massive the Druid is. Looks like I’m gonna do a full werebear build maybe with some storm aoe.

Depends on the last two classes. I am hoping for either Assassin or Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Not super thrilled about how massive the Druid is. Looks like I’m gonna do a full werebear build maybe with some storm aoe.
    In Diablo lore, aren't druids descended from the Barbarian clans? Makes sense they are the same size. Although I understand its a big departure from their depiction in LoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I'm definitely not playing barbarian again. I've almost always played the warrior class in the past but now I'm god damn sick of it, maybe as an alt.

Still waiting for the remaining 2 classes but for now I'll leaning towards druid. Maybe necromancer if released.
    but barbs can quad wield now druid main tho for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

I don't know if that's a Barbarian persay, looks like a Marauder from Lut Gholein.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    The gameplay looks nice, but it seems that Wolf- and Bearform are pretty much only cosmetic if it changes automatically based on ability? Normal attacks in wolf form, aoe stuns and smashes in bear (and then you instantly transform back?). So it's just eyecandy, not a dedicated playstyle like in D2?

that what it looks like yes

10+ Year Old Account
    I want the fury or rabies werewolf back.

Shapeshifter druid for me, perhaps summoner druid if they are strong enough.

But yeah very happy druid is in this time around. Now add paladin or crusader too and I'm a very happy man.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I was never been a fan of Druid in D2, always opted for Necro and Assassin when LoD came out.

But this Druid looks really awesome. Pets, instant shapeshifts, it's really so dynamic and "faster than it looks". Definitely my first character if the other two classes arent Necro or a good agility archetype (i'd like more than all the Rogue which mixes ranged and melee combat - if someone wants).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    I want the fury or rabies werewolf back.
    Agreed. Fury Wolf was my go to build in D2, and my first character to 99. Would love to have something like that back.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    You could always choose bear or wolf abilities only and never shift to the other. There may be a talent to stay in one form later on or even an item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    You only shift if you use a skill from another form. If you only use Wolf skills, you'll stay in Wolf shape. The Druid build was a mixed bag, it had a Wolf generator, and a Bear finisher mixed in with some other stuff. I'm guessing, and hoping, that when the game releases dedicated Bear and Wolf builds will be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post

In the D4 Q/A it was mentioned that the forms do have bonuses, werebear form provides tankiness and werewolf form gives some increase to physical ability ( not sure if attack speed), they also did mention that you will be able to stay in said forms indefinitely if your playstyle takes you to the shapeshift tree ( as I presume there are a lot of skills that extend or enhance said playstyles).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    You only shift if you use a skill from another form. If you only use Wolf skills, you'll stay in Wolf shape. The Druid build was a mixed bag, it had a Wolf generator, and a Bear finisher mixed in with some other stuff. I'm guessing, and hoping, that when the game releases dedicated Bear and Wolf builds will be possible.
    That is my thoughts, i think they played an intentionally wack build to just show variety. Instead of focusing one thing, they were bouncing everywhere.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I was never been a fan of Druid in D2, always opted for Necro and Assassin when LoD came out.

But this Druid looks really awesome. Pets, instant shapeshifts, it's really so dynamic and "faster than it looks". Definitely my first character if the other two classes arent Necro or a good agility archetype (i'd like more than all the Rogue which mixes ranged and melee combat - if someone wants).
    Yeah i used to be edgy too. Now that im an adult, i want to whirlwind rend as a giant bear