Thread: WoW Q&A hosts

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I do not realize that. There was at least one person still in line holding a card who did not get to ask his question when it ended.
    That was Kaivax, he is a Community manager at Blizz if I'm not wrong.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    What Asmongold fiasco?
    Taliesin went off on his stream about how awful Asmon and his fans were. Whined that Asmon is so all powerful, famous, rich, and influencing among all WoW related people that he had titanic responsibilities to everyone and to control anything his fans say. Complained about how Asmon always punches down. Then he was a jerk to the people in his stream who disagreed with him. Then probably ran off to make yet another video where he mocks forum posters. None of that apparently is punching down.

Personally I could do without the both of them. *shrug*

It was teribble. Bunch of cringe with forced jokes and making the Q&A about themselves instead of the actual questions. Key examples:

1) "I am a Cata baby, my husband is a Wratch baby and we will have a Shadowlands baby" - who the f cares. Congratz on getting pregnant and I wish you all the best, but I did not pay for the virtual ticket to listen to your family lore.
    2) "haha hippo is the best mount haha" - just stop, Taliesin. You've been making this lame, overused, cringe joke for the last 5 months in your videos and streams. Nobody cares about your stupid obsession with that dumb ass mount. Ask questions
    3) "The alliance totally won warmode" - nobody freaking cares about your cringe Alliance jokes. How about you ask something about Tyrande and her presence in the expansion. No, have to make this childis alliance vs horde tease
    4) "I am most surprsised is that they let me get to close to Ion" - bitch please. Stop acting like you are some sort of WoW rockstar and everybody is supposed to think you are such a big deal and care whether or not they let you talk to Ion. It doesnt even make sence since you are one of the most boot licking content creators there is. If they would let anyone close to Ion, its you.

And these are just the things I remembered. There was also a moment where Taliesin tried to ask something/make another cringe joke and the Devs just ignored him/cut him off.

The only reason I even remember all of this crap from the top of my head is because the cringe was so strong its jammed in my head like a pickaxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Taliesin went off on his stream about how awful Asmon and his fans were. Whined that Asmon is so all powerful, famous, rich, and influencing among all WoW related people that he had titanic responsibilities to everyone and to control anything his fans say. Complained about how Asmon always punches down. Then he was a jerk to the people in his stream who disagreed with him. Then probably ran off to make yet another video where he mocks forum posters. None of that apparently is punching down.

Personally I could do without the both of them. *shrug*
    Kind of skipped the part with all the shit they were getting from certain asmongold fans (including rape and death threats towards his wife during that whole thing). Pretty sure most people would tend to overreact to something like that.

Only thing worse than those two was that kid being an absolute twat. Screaming a phrase you propably only heard in Fortnite doesnt help anyone, dipshit.

Anyway, the guy asking if Chronicles was canon was a blessing, he created a new meme.

From what i gather from reading the thread, a lot of people seem to be giving these guys a pass for really just being fans and being "positive". lets face it if some random dude you met at a party started rambling about inside jokes no one would understand and saying memes irl, you'd be finding anyway out of that conversation, that's weird and cringey. the positive thing, after watching few videos of their weekly show. lets just say there is a difference between being positive and apologist, they lean towards the latter. they literally have an excuse for everything being "good" which i could appreciate if they were just trying to be devil's advocate but they generally seem to think some how these terrible systems and decisions made by blizzard are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Kind of skipped the part with all the shit they were getting from certain asmongold fans (including rape and death threats towards his wife during that whole thing). Pretty sure most people would tend to overreact to something like that.
    Oh, poor Tali, can't handle asmongold fans. Get real dude, this is the internet, if you can't handle some idiots you should just not use it. Instead he started to overreact and blame asmongold for the actions of other people. He's an idiot.

After that episode it was clear that the nice guy image was just a character and he was just an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    The look of disappointment of the people in line that didnt get to ask questions because the hosts decided to abuse their microphone power and ask and narrate irrelevant shit is why the Q&A was garbage. Questions from attendees might not be perfect or that great, but they paid their blizzcon ticket to do that. The hosts were hired.
    There was no one left in line. Everyone that was standing behind him by the end were just Blizzard Community Managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Insulting people because you don't like the way they look is really low hanging fruit, even for mmoc.
    The chronicle question, even though worded weird, was actually important. But i guess you already made your decision.
    anonymity on the internet lets people be complete assholes with no recourse.

7+ Year Old Account
    T&E show that you can still get places in life if you brown nose hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    Where do they find these people? i actually wanted to curl up and die of cringe when the dude started verbally describing that dumb "big brain" meme. They actually acted more socially awkward and strange than the red shirt guy whom is autistic, shouldn't they get professional entertainers? not people who take up time with their worthless question like "So the chronicles are canon?" that's a question someone who has never played warcraft or ever heard of the lore asks, the WHOLE reason that the chronicle series was written was to consolidate simplify and tweak the current lore all into 1 convenient place. Also this woman smiles like an alien attempting to pull it off for the very first time (example https://ibb.co/k4RChbm). did they actually find crazy people for this?
    Thank you for another thread on this topic and we are all shocked you supposedly don't know who they are or at the very least googled them before starting said thread.

This wasn't a "let's get as many questions in as possible" event. The WOW Q&A is a very carefully scripted event, and Tali & Evitel were given the opportunity because they can be very engaging with the audience. Nobody sitting on that panel cared about being asked as many questions as they could be -- they likely knew what questions were coming ahead of time because Blizzard chose them. I'm sure the event producers gave them a large list of do's and don't's for the session.

They're actually really nice people and very passionate about the game, and I think the personal attacks here are really uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Quoting myself from last night since it's relevant:
    Completely agree. I hope they are never invited to another Blizzard event ever again.

Where do they find these people? i actually wanted to curl up and die of cringe when the dude started verbally describing that dumb "big brain" meme. They actually acted more socially awkward and strange than the red shirt guy whom is autistic, shouldn't they get professional entertainers? not people who take up time with their worthless question like "So the chronicles are canon?" that's a question someone who has never played warcraft or ever heard of the lore asks, the WHOLE reason that the chronicle series was written was to consolidate simplify and tweak the current lore all into 1 convenient place. Also this woman smiles like an alien attempting to pull it off for the very first time (example https://ibb.co/k4RChbm). did they actually find crazy people for this?
    I don't watch Taliesin videos but this is top toxic even for mmo-champion. New low on the forums.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2019-11-04 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d00dles View Post
    I don't watch Taliesin videos but this is top toxic even for mmo-champion. New low on the forums.
    I think too many white knights are focused on that, I mean im sure she has a normal smile when not thrust into a position she clearly wasn't ready for, that's what im getting at the smile is symptom not issue. These people who just sit behind a camera all day dont always have stage pressence which lead to awkwardness and unprofessionalism. It was very off putting and fake feeling like a psychopath attempting to feel human emotions

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    The cringe was too strong that I literally had to mute them for some seconds. Then again I'm really not a fan of T&E.
    I made a post some time ago asking why they keep using the most OTT posts then spin it around
    like its the general consensus of a topic (which it clearly wasnt). I understand just using sensible posts
    would make for a very boring video, But it became so obvious had to say something and they really didnt like it.

I think too many white knights are focused on that, I mean im sure she has a normal smile when not thrust into a position she clearly wasn't ready for, that's what im getting at the smile is symptom not issue. These people who just sit behind a camera all day dont always have stage pressence which lead to awkwardness and unprofessionalism. It was very off putting and fake feeling like a psychopath attempting to feel human emotions
    Yikes. Try as you want but this is still toxic. I find it amazing that mods in mmo-champion allow this to go on.

At the end of the day she is willing to put her face on the internet to talk about something she likes. Yes, she is making money on the internet. Welcome to the age of Youtube and monetization, must be a new concept to you.

However, she has more balls than you ever will because, again, she is willing to put her face out there. On the other hand, people like you hide behind a desk and throw insults at another human being. No matter who it is, male or female. Its gross.

This thread has gone beyond WoW to throwing insults and that's why its toxic to the community as a whole.

Edit: I like how you use "white knights" just to give yourself pass for being toxic. I don't care about social issues or politics. I could care less about frogs either. However, people have to learn that they can engage in criticism without being toxic. But apparently that's a hard concept for some.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2019-11-05 at 12:25 AM.

I don't watch them at all. Not hating on them but how is it fair that Taliesen can say "I agree with that" when the guy who asked a ? said free Hong Kong? Shouldn't he get the same treatment as Blitzchung get? Ban from future event or something or no gig money for showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    I don't watch them at all. Not hating on them but how is it fair that Taliesen can say "I agree with that" when the guy who asked a ? said free Hong Kong? Shouldn't he get the same treatment as Blitzchung get? Ban from future event or something or no gig money for showing up.
    He said "Sounds good".

He handled it like a champ. Basically he was just being non-confrontational and letting the people do their spiel and get out of there instead of continuing to disturb the event.

I bet Blizzard actually gave him huge props for how he handled it.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-05 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    He said "Sounds good".

Basically he was just being non-confrontational and letting the people do their spiel and get out of there instead of continuing to disturb the event.
    Bs you can't have one rule for 1 and 1 for another. He should have walked away or said nothing.