Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The only thing that makes sense with the time table set by events and info they gived on books and blizzcon:
    When bolvar got crowned the death circle broke, why that event? Souls trapped in frostmourne managed to get into the right covenant after the sword broke, bolvar get crowned a few minutes after that, souls trapped inside the sword already are in the shadowlands when this happen, sylvanas suicide after bolvar is crowned and she gets to the maw(she is not evil enought to get there by herself unless they say that those cursed by undeath go to the maw too). So thats the only thing that fits

Edit: another possibility is: Arthas soul is "innocent"(sylvanas says arthas soul is a litle kid) and he got to the maw because frostmourne and/or the helmet cursed his soul, so that broke some kind of seal binding the jailer(supernatural lucifer plot)
    Last edited by azkhane; 2019-11-04 at 02:59 PM.

Why the theory about when Frostmourn was shattered? The sudden afflux of souls?

Sargeras cleaved planets with life on it, reorigination systems were probably used by titans at some point, etc. It sure means more soul going straight to the Shadowlands than breaking a soul stealing sword.
    Hell, even the Legion's soul engines had thousands of souls in them, and we disabled/broke a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Hah! I must have missed that. Well then, Shadowlands ought to be a really fucked up place then whether they have argus or not.
    I just rewatched it and at least Ions comment was "the shadowlands is the afterlife for the entire warcraft universe". The NPC dialogue is obviously something that can change, not to mention in their blue post of the "what's next" presentation they mention that the places we visit is not the entire shadowlands. They are supposedly infinite and the real bizzare shit probably has it's own places. This might also explain the abscence of the troll afterlife (at least I would have expected a different place to the one we've seen).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    It broke due to all the turtles that didn't make it to the water.
    There totally needs to be an easter-egg of a bunch of ghost baby turtles flying in the sky.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    The other thing is that if Vol'jin's spirit was able to return from the shadowlands thanks to some entity that helped him (I imagine it was the Arbiter)
    My guess would be rather the Archon, as we already got information, that Vol'jin was "touched by the hand of valor", or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaenore View Post
    Why the theory about when Frostmourn was shattered? The sudden afflux of souls?

Sargeras cleaved planets with life on it, reorigination systems were probably used by titans at some point, etc. It sure means more soul going straight to the Shadowlands than breaking a soul stealing sword.
    Hell, even the Legion's soul engines had thousands of souls in them, and we disabled/broke a few of them.
    My thought was that it is forged in Shadowlands by the same guy who forged the helm so it has connection to there and it was shattered on icc which appears to be connecting our realms. Sylv went to the maw after arthas was defeated as well, all the souls leaving from that sword isn't necessarily the reason why it would break death
    Edit: It's all assumptions tho, there are many details we don't know yet

10+ Year Old Account
    The burning of the Night Elves' home/Tree was probably the time period of things being broken beyond nature's intent.

I think that maybe serveral of the events that have happened in each expansion threw off the balance of everything. There have always been forces perverting or manipulating the main powers of nature in the Warcraft universe/going against their intended design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when arthas or ner'zul soul died or when frostmourne was destroyed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    My thought was that it is forged in Shadowlands by the same guy who forged the helm so it has connection to there and it was shattered on icc which appears to be connecting our realms. Sylv went to the maw after arthas was defeated as well, all the souls leaving from that sword isn't necessarily the reason why it would break death
    Edit: It's all assumptions tho, there are many details we don't know yet
    Ah I see, just like why breaking the helm of domination broke the boundaries between the planes right to the Maw.
    Could be, but we had quite a bunch of people sent to their actual covenants zones instead of the Maw since :
    - Cenarius,
    - Draka (WoD)
    - Vol'jin's spirit.

I'm probably missing a few we saw during a quest or another, but it would tend to Death breaking after Emerald Nightmare at the earliest, or even after Dazar'Alor since we went to fetch his spirit in the Shadowlands, except if Vol'jin had been intercepted by someone powerful, since apparently the soulds didn't go to Bwonsamdi at that point already.

Ah I see, just like why breaking the helm of domination broke the boundaries between the planes right to the Maw.
    Could be, but we had quite a bunch of people sent to their actual covenants zones instead of the Maw since :
    - Cenarius,
    - Draka (WoD)
    - Vol'jin's spirit.
    Cenarius was in WC3 and returned to the mortal plane in Cata, Draka is probably the MU one, which died even earlier, and Vol'jin is fairly clearly not a normal case.

The last known person to make it there without apparent issue would be Uther, who was stuck in Frostmourne until ICC.
    Last edited by huth; 2019-11-04 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Anyone else feels like they've reached a point in the story where it just feels like the lamest ideas plot wise ?

I mean death "broke" ,really? what's next , azeroth has a baby and it turns out to be a goat with the power to destroy the world ?
    Here's to hoping for the doom goat

10+ Year Old Account
    If i were to guess this happened post Wrath. The dark place Sylvanas went to was the Maw. The Valkyrie that saved her was from Shadowlands. Since then she got the power to make more undead. Since then she slowly got more power over time. I'm pretty sure the Jailer is who whispered to VolJin to name Sylvanas warchief.

- Cenarius,
    - Draka (WoD)
    - Vol'jin's spirit.

I'm probably missing a few we saw during a quest or another, but it would tend to Death breaking after Emerald Nightmare at the earliest, or even after Dazar'Alor since we went to fetch his spirit in the Shadowlands, except if Vol'jin had been intercepted by someone powerful, since apparently the soulds didn't go to Bwonsamdi at that point already.
    Ah correct, I totally forgot about those people. This kind of makes Sargeras a joke tho. He destroyed almost all life to prevent void from getting power but allowed a chain of events that can break the universe happen :P they are making titans ignorant with new lore haha

Edit: By ignorant I mean how little they know and their inability to keep balance, now even chronicles is just how much titans know. If killing Argus led to this Sargeras is a joke
    Last edited by mrsohta; 2019-11-04 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Cenarius was in WC3 and returned to the mortal plane in Cata, Draka is probably the MU one, which died even earlier, and Vol'jin is fairly clearly not a normal case.

The last known person to make it there without apparent issue would be Uther, who was stuck in Frostmourne until ICC.
    Cenarius was corrupted before Emerald Nightmare and cleansed while dying during the raid, so nope.
    True for Draka though!
    And Uther would only prove that it wasn't the breaking of the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Ah correct, I totally forgot about those people. This kind of makes Sargeras a joke tho. He destroyed almost all life to prevent void from getting power but allowed a chain of events that can break the universe happen :P they are making titans ignorant with new lore haha

Edit: By ignorant I mean how little they know and their inability to keep balance, now even chronicles is just how much titans know. If killing Argus led to this Sargeras is a joke
    The titans are just like us, they know more and have their plans, but there's other powers following their own agendas, etc.
    I highly doubt killing Argus would be the trigger though. Remember that Sargeras had to kill at least one other world soul before it got too corrupted by Old Gods. Why not back then?
    If something broke, it was probably intentional, maybe part of the deal between Sylvanas and Jailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Ion stated the shadowlands span all worlds or something like that some of npcs in the demo mentioned apparently that they come from other worlds and would like to see the rest of them, even azeroth.
    Fucking hell blizz are so stupid, why do they keep dragging along this rediculus alternate reality shit with them. It breaks all logical reasoning...

Now i must wonder exactly in how many realities Sylvanas broke the lich kings crown and came to meet the jailer.. I mean, there could be an entire harem of Sylvanases there right now. Shes been getting hotter and hotter for each cinematic... They are probably getting naked as we speak... WE NEED TO GET THERE ASAP.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Fucking hell blizz are so stupid, why do they keep dragging along this rediculus alternate reality shit with them. It breaks all logical reasoning...

Now i must wonder exactly in how many realities Sylvanas broke the lich kings crown and came to meet the jailer.. I mean, there could be an entire harem of Sylvanases there right now. Shes been getting hotter and hotter for each cinematic... They are probably getting naked as we speak... WE NEED TO GET THERE ASAP.
    With worlds I ment literal planets. So it's other planets in the universe (still way too large a scale imho), the question how the shadowlands work with other timelines and shit is unanswered yet.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.