7+ Year Old Account
    Ardenweald looks like a mix between val'sharah and draenors shadowmoon.

And the combination works really well.

Formerly known as Arafal

Having read all the reporting that’s available so far, all I can say is thank god for classic...

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And really, you can always just leave it in the spellbook and not bind it.
    We also shouldn't forget that some of these skills bring opportunities for some talents. They could easily make a talent for an arcanefire bolt or frostfire bolt for the other trees, which could replace/enhance the skill optionally with something in the flavor of your main spec. This principle could be applied to many of the skills whose use is not immediately apparent. 1 or 2 more talent tiers with some flavor and non-dps gimmiks would actually be quite welcome imho, even if the only use is for world quests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else annoyed that we have to get covenant themed abilities, rather than new permanent class themed abilities?

They just feel uninspired as hell so far, a lot like essences. Just generic semi long cooldown crap that barely fits the class, or feels more maintenance-y than an awesome big moment to hit.

I was hoping for stuff like new shadow words, big new short term summons, archon form, y'know big moment or really cool class themed abilities. None of them sound like that so far at all.

Artifacts were at least a decent example of what I was hoping for, ability wise. Not all of them were good but most were at least pretty good thematically and felt good to press.
    All of them have some class flavor that fits with the class and the covenant though. I don't see much of a problem in that regard. Also getting cooldowns is the most logical thing at such late levels in character progression. Tacking on rotational abilitities, with the way WoW combat works in general is not an easy thing.

But overall I have to agree. This is once again just borrowed character progression. and not in line with how I would like to see my character grow. In fact I'm already annoyed with the prospect of losing said powers again, despite learning them. The only thing I'm more annoyed with is that you can't just pick the people that you like. I'd want to join these factions from a lore or cosmetic PoV, but considering their talents (soulbinds) and active skills will probably be a major pain in the ass for most people that don't want to be burden on their groups.. even if the WQ heroes in the other thread all hand-wave that issue.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-11-04 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Attempt at making it actually english this time
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else annoyed that we have to get covenant themed abilities, rather than new permanent class themed abilities?

They just feel uninspired as hell so far, a lot like essences. Just generic semi long cooldown crap that barely fits the class, or feels more maintenance-y than an awesome big moment to hit.
    Don't see a problem with this. Nearly every expansion we gain new abilities and sometimes lose others. This time they chose to let them come from the covenant. And those I have seen so far are very fitting. For example the mage one looked good.
    No, I think I like the idea.
    Then again, I am the odd one who doesn't want new races added, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Valdhammer View Post
    Having read all the reporting that’s available so far, all I can say is thank god for classic...
    I'm glad people have a choice on what they can play, just wish people would stop whining and bashing one or the other. Just enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah umm... thats not the vibe I'm getting. They just didn't put a lot of info from the interview in the deep dive/Feature trailer. Which was a mistake but it doesn't mean there isn't a lot to go by. We just have a lot of fill in the blanks.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I think I may be the only one that was kinda pleased with the pruning. I really don't need 7 more buttons to press again. Am I the only one that feels that way?
    Maybe it's getting older, but I liked the prune because there are so many things going on in boss fights these days; I know that more cooldowns to manage is going to detrimental to my ability to play well.

I would've preferred fine-tuning or reworking the stuff they left in to make every ability more impactful and important.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah umm... thats not the vibe I'm getting. They just didn't put a lot of info from the interview in the deep dive/Feature trailer. Which was a mistake but it doesn't mean there isn't a lot to go by. We just have a lot of fill in the blanks.
    I did rewatch the features trailer along with the feature trailers for all expansions going back to Mists and there are definitely differences in how many "core" systems are being added.
    That being said i do think that it is a problem less on Shadowlands and more on the trailer, had it showed Thorgast more in depth and shown some of the new character customization features instead of giving prime coverage for each individual zone i think more people would have been better inclined to the trailer.

The showing each zone individually was actually what led me to rewatch old feature trailers, which just underlined how baffling the decision to show of each zone individually was.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I did rewatch the features trailer along with the feature trailers for all expansions going back to Mists and there are definitely differences in how many "core" systems are being added.
    That being said i do think that it is a problem less on Shadowlands and more on the trailer, had it showed Thorgast more in depth and shown some of the new character customization features instead of giving prime coverage for each individual zone i think more people would have been better inclined to the trailer.

The showing each zone individually was actually what led me to rewatch old feature trailers, which just underlined how baffling the decision to show of each zone individually was.
    They never show the zones individually, some shots of the zones sure but not each zone in entirely(And the Maw is still well unknown in its design and look). The character customization was missed so yeah...putting that there would of helped. It also doesn't help things like Tyrande being in the Ardenwald zone would infinitely make people feel better when talked about the expansion(Deep dive).

I think there just isn't much to show as of Blizzcon but given more time they would and well mistakes in planning IMO. Shadowlands is going to be fun...but they did do things differently this year, no idea why. I'm not upset there's no new class or race. I think there's enough classes to go around. Races...well we got a lot of those to...some not as wanted as others.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Given that every single panel and the opening ceremony ran overtime, i think they just ran out of time to announce stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's basically the devs winking at everyone. Question is when. I'm guessing not putting that fact out there early probably means they won't be in 9.0.

My money's on whenever we end the Covenant Campaign, so probably in 9.3.
    I agree their plan is to release them with the end of the Campaign, and most likely they didn't announce it now to avoid the problems they had with people complaining the Zandalari and Kul Tirans took forever to be added to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    Whatever it will be, things can only get worse for Blizzard.

They were making money selling x-pacs. Longer expansions are just bad business since subs are likely record low. Unless "development" of classic has delayed the retail. At the end, they will have neither.
    Longer expansions means more $$$ for blizzard's time. people play classic forever. that means there's a core audience that pay to play no new content. core players enjoy the game as it is. my guess is that we'll have longer and longer expansions, more and more replayable content, more and more micro transactions and other kind of "premium" paid plans in the future.

They never show the zones individually, some shots of the zones sure but not each zone in entirely(And the Maw is still well unknown in its design and look). The character customization was missed so yeah...putting that there would of helped. It also doesn't help things like Tyrande being in the Ardenwald zone would infinitely make people feel better when talked about the expansion(Deep dive).

I think there just isn't much to show as of Blizzcon but given more time they would and well mistakes in planning IMO. Shadowlands is going to be fun...but they did do things differently this year, no idea why. I'm not upset there's no new class or race. I think there's enough classes to go around. Races...well we got a lot of those to...some not as wanted as others.
    I mean more in the sense that each zone got its own "New zone: Revandreth" or whichever, except the Maw, that is.

I found it peculiar, previous expansion have all just had a generic "New continent: Broken isles" or whichever, and then long panning shots of various different locations leading the player to assume there are several zones. I guess you could assume it is because the zones are not directly connected and have such extremely varied looks to them, though i still think it is a definite point against the features trailer when the spaces usually left ot new things like Artifacts, or Warfronts, or any new feature is instead filled with the zones we should be seeing anyways.

And after thinking about it is is definitely not because teh expansion really lakcs major features. Torghast again definitely sounds like the best feature Blizzard could possible have made in recent years, and the character customization looks amazing, even if it is a few years late.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Arthas would just end up starting the countdown to Wrath 2. I think it has to either be Bolvar or some other champion.

Also I kinda doubt fixing the Helm fixes the Veil. I think it was the Necrotic energy released by breaking the Helm that did it, not the Helm itself.
    Inb4 10.0 is the player character wearing the reforged Helm of Domination. It'd be hilarious to have thousands of Lich Kings running around while the game pretends we're the One and Only.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Longer expansions means more $$$ for blizzard's time. people play classic forever. that means there's a core audience that pay to play no new content. core players enjoy the game as it is. my guess is that we'll have longer and longer expansions, more and more replayable content, more and more micro transactions and other kind of "premium" paid plans in the future.
    Expansions have been as long as ever, minus WoD. Minus pacing not much has changed,

mean more in the sense that each zone got its own "New zone: Revandreth" or whichever, except the Maw, that is.

I found it peculiar, previous expansion have all just had a generic "New continent: Broken isles" or whichever, and then long panning shots of various different locations leading the player to assume there are several zones. I guess you could assume it is because the zones are not directly connected and have such extremely varied looks to them, though i still think it is a definite point against the features trailer when the spaces usually left ot new things like Artifacts, or Warfronts, or any new feature is instead filled with the zones we should be seeing anyways.

And after thinking about it is is definitely not because teh expansion really lakcs major features. Torghast again definitely sounds like the best feature Blizzard could possible have made in recent years, and the character customization looks amazing, even if it is a few years late.

Yeah I know, no mention of "New continent." was weird despite the fact there was. The covanent thing is the most interesting thing, it seems hard to pinpoint but all I could think of when I saw it was Dark Souls covanents(Obviously without the super hardcore "difficulty").

Warrior-Magi

Expansions have been as long as ever, minus WoD. Minus pacing not much has changed,

Yeah I know, no mention of "New continent." was weird despite the fact there was. The covanent thing is the most interesting thing, it seems hard to pinpoint but all I could think of when I saw it was Dark Souls covanents(Obviously without the super hardcore "difficulty").
    The trailer actually had both a New continent: Shadowlands and then it doubled down on the zones.
    Now if the zones are much larger and a selling feature was more outdoor content using Island tech or something then it would make sense why each zone would get such a massive shoutout, but as is it just made it come across like the expansion has nothing beyond the usual trifecta of Zones, dungeons and raids.

Will be interesting once the expansion goes into Alpha early next year to look at each zone and generally get a feel for all the content the expansion has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I think I may be the only one that was kinda pleased with the pruning. I really don't need 7 more buttons to press again. Am I the only one that feels that way?
    I think classes should have 4-6 “rotation” abilities (plus cooldowns), but I wouldn’t mind if they depruned some situational or out of combat abilities.

I don’t want it to be like the old enhancement shaman play style where you had like ten different rotation buttons to press, but they all did the exact same thing.

they have learned that if you say too much and then have to change it later people call you a liar. now instead we get all these experts calling them out for not giving enough information. its a lose/lose proposition.

- - - Updated - - -

cool. im glad there is something you enjoy. you get to enjoy it pretty much as is until 2021. then you can get more rehashed older content. maybe.

I'm looking forward to this. Some of the thing I am really happy about

- Torghast
    - New zones look amazing
    - Character customizations
    - No more AP grind. Hopefully Anima is not a grind.
    - Leveling changes
    - Level squish

I should come to expect it with this community but the amount of negativity around here for this expansions is pretty lame. We don't even know all of the details yet and people are shitting all over everything.
    #TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    I should come to expect it with this community but the amount of negativity around here for this expansions is pretty lame. We don't even know all of the details yet and people are shitting all over everything.
    I mean, the point of the announcement it to hype people up. Can you really blame people for being a bit negative when the announcement completely failed to do that?