View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    There is an obvious solution for flying.

Warmode: No flying.
    Everyone else: Fly as soon as you reach Loremaster and or finish the rep grind.
    Warmode would be wasteland, as in, nobody would be there.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Warmode would be wasteland, as in, nobody would be there.
    Never understood why people give a crap about flying in WPVP

WPVP was dead before tbc even came out (battlegrounds vanilla)

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Never understood why people give a crap about flying in WPVP

WPVP was dead before tbc even came out (battlegrounds vanilla)
    Because it never really existed. It was almost always just some gang bangs one single lonely players. Until nazjatar.

Well - for me having flying allows me to better tolerate the dumpster fire known as retail. Being able to just take off on your flying mount and go anywhere is fun.
    Why are you playing WoW if the biggest and most important thing to you is...flying around?

Go play a flight sim or something, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Why are you playing WoW if the biggest and most important thing to you is...flying around?

Go play a flight sim or something, lmao
    Really? Do I have to explain the difference between an RPG and a flight simulator to you? Good lord

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Lame, but it sounds like Blizzard has a death grip on Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Blizzard knows players stay online for shorter time when they get flying.
    Afaik they don't care if you play 1h or 5h every day due to flying... all that matters if monthly to monthly basis. People being done quicker for the day and online for a shorter time matters little to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a big deal for me at all. Pathfinder basically autocompletes if you play the game at all. It does sometime suck for new players coming back after a period, but if you just play any of the content you basically get Pathfinder for free.

People just want to whine, i can't wait for the inevitable "i miss the old RNG weekly chest, this new one with options sucks and breaks immersion".
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Seems fine with me, maybe they could have a meta achievement that's in 9.0 from day one to unlock flying but I don't really think its necessary.

Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    Just buy it when its out.

It will always have a pathfinder going forward, not the end of the world.

I really dont understand how this is the worst thing ever for people.
    FPs are fast enough, usually quests arent that far away from objectives and stuff is always on the way to something, farming herbs/ore while you run around.

its more or less people are making this a bigger problem than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    Just buy it when its out.

It will always have a pathfinder going forward, not the end of the world.

I really dont understand how this is the worst thing ever for people.
    FPs are fast enough, usually quests arent that far away from objectives and stuff is always on the way to something, farming herbs/ore while you run around.

its more or less people are making this a bigger problem than it really is.
    It was never a problem before WOD until Blizzard artificially created a problem RE: flying

Legion was tolerable since it was a quality expansion (surprise surprise, Ion wasn't in charge back then)

BFA was horrible and drove me to quit in the first 1-2 months.

Shadowlands addresses some problems (RNG, Leveling, Class pruning), but looks underwhelming in the story department. Also very little news about PVP which is my main interest. I did not feel excited about the expansion at all even before the pathfinder announcement in Q/A.

Pathfinder is just the last straw, there are plenty of other reasons for me not to play.

Having access to flying would just make the game more tolerable
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2019-11-04 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Buh-bye. Won’t miss you.

I mean seriously, why not just...I dunno...enjoy the fucking game and have fun instead of bitching about not flying instantly.

Jesus, you fuckers want everything given to you at the start.
    Or maybe we'd like it to be as it was in Mists. You hit the level cap, you make a basic rep requirement, you pay your gold and you're done. Alts can get sent a book that teaches them flight early, because you've already done all the levelling content on the ground "as it was intended" or whatever BS line they use these days. Gating flight behind Loremaster plus rep grinds plus a couple of patches and more rep grinds is just BS.

People have to get over Pathfinder. It’s going to part of every expansion. They clearly like the balance it strikes and are going to have it in every expansion going forward. If it’s a deal breaker then yeah don’t buy the game. However, don’t exspect it to ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    People have to get over Pathfinder. It’s going to part of every expansion. They clearly like the balance it strikes and are going to have it in every expansion going forward. If it’s a deal breaker then yeah don’t buy the game. However, don’t exspect it to ever change.
    People don't need to "Get over" anything.

People told us to "get over Classic/legacy servers" , because it's "not happening", and look what happened.

There's nothing wrong with people expressing their displeasure with pathfinder, in the hopes that it can enact change that will make the game more enjoyable for themselves.

I don't see an issue.

Well, I don't see this as a core issue at this point.

It sucked to see flying go the Pathfinder route at first, but at this point idc. They've done a good job making the moment when you actually get flying feel much more rewarding, and the world that you've been traversing this whole time do finally opens up.

I prefer that feeling to flying from quest to quest day one. Unless they design zones for flight again ala storm peaks, I don't see the issue.

Much rather this energy go toward other problem areas, like the over designed systems, and linking player power to those external systems.

People don't need to "Get over" anything.

People told us to "get over Classic/legacy servers" , because it's "not happening", and look what happened.

There's nothing wrong with people expressing their displeasure with pathfinder, in the hopes that it can enact change that will make the game more enjoyable for themselves.
    You’re absolutely right, sometimes screaming at the wind feels good. However, it’s pretty clear the devs don’t like content being crushed in days simply because people can fly over all the challenges. They also don’t like having all their hard work just being ignored because it can be bypassed with flying.

So yeah, go ahead and be upset about it. But, it your waiting for it to change it’s going to be a infinite wait.

I understand Blizzard's reasoning that they want people to fully explore the zones and feel the immersion, but can't that be achieved in the leveling process? Why not have flying be a max level unlock? They could even have it unlock simply with the Exploration achievement, if that's all they cared about. Sounds like Blizzard has other reasons...

Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    You’re absolutely right, sometimes screaming at the wind feels good. However, it’s pretty clear the devs don’t like content being crushed in days simply because people can fly over all the challenges. They also don’t like having all their hard work just being ignored because it can be bypassed with flying.

So yeah, go ahead and be upset about it. But, it your waiting for it to change it’s going to be a infinite wait.
    I wouldn't say I'm "waiting" for it to change. I will occasionally post my two cents (Blizzcon was just here, which is why I bothered posting in the first place, otherwise I don't post here much), but otherwise I am enjoying other games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about leveling without flying, it's to be expected (this was the case in tbc wotlk mop, exception being cata).

But people should be able to fly after hitting max level and finishing loremaster/exploration achiev, by this point you've explored 95% of the world content

I don't think anyone is complaining about leveling without flying, it's to be expected (this was the case in tbc wotlk mop, exception being cata).

But people should be able to fly after hitting max level and finishing loremaster/exploration achiev, by this point you've explored 95% of the world content
    Agreed, after you finish the content part of the expansion you should be able to fly. Having to grind reputation using the same ~4-5 quests on a tiny bit of land that's annoying AF to move around on for two weeks is ridiculous and IMO not really content. I'd be fine if there was a quest chain that was time gated that you had to finish before you could unlock it. Time gated meaning it will release different sections every so often, not that you have to bang your head against a wall for two weeks.