Move hero to another account questions

Hello!

So I recently came back to WoW from a few years break and I really don't remember how things work apparently.
    Okay, so my question is; Does the expansions follow the whole "email"-account? Or is it specific to the actual WoW-account?

When I got back I created a new account by mistake but though, Oh well doesnt matter really. But now I really want to get back to my old characters but if I have to buy all the expansions again I dread to do so.

But then my other question is; If I move my current character from this newly made account to the old one, will playtime and expansion in that case follow?

I hope I made myself somewhat clear.

Thanks,
    sincerely.
    I'm a kittycat

15+ Year Old Account
    No gametime and bought expansions are for that single account. You need to rebuy those if you switch character to the old account.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    No gametime and bought expansions are for that single account. You need to rebuy those if you switch character to the old account.
    Don't talk if you don't know, dude.

You can have Blizzard transfer everything to your other account. You just need to contact them and give them any ID stuff they'd need.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Don't talk if you don't know, dude.

You can have Blizzard transfer everything to your other account. You just need to contact them and give them any ID stuff they'd need.
    Really? I really didn't know that!

Okay, cool. So just contact them and explain the situation and they will solve it?
    I'm a kittycat

Good thing you rushed in with bad information than.

As for the OP contact Blizzard and explain what is going on. If you can prove to them the accounts are yours you will be taken care of
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Yes. All you have to do is prove your accounts both belong to you, and you can transfer almost anything other than achievements (I believe; maybe they let you do that now, too). It can't be that hard to prove account ownership, as people trick Blizzard all the time in order to sell/buy rare items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    Okay, cool. So just contact them and explain the situation and they will solve it?
    Yup. They'll ask for ID but I don't know what that will entail these days. It could be pictures of your driver's license or it could mean sending them copies of important documents, lol. It shouldn't be too hard, though.

Update on this!

They went with a hard No and shut the ticket down, both of them. They do NOT merge accounts.
    I'm a kittycat