Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I don't even care about how Bolvar got squished, I'm more miffed about the hundreds of undead that got somehow destroyed off-screen. I mean might aswell just cut from start -> Bolvar kneeling, make the entire thing off-screen. What's the difference?

I mean Sylvanas is all gotta go fast but there were at least a hundred undead soldiers there, the hell did she do to kill them all?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Trust me, I've been wanting Sylvanas to die and go away LONG before the Shadowlands cinematic.

Let the haters hate. Especially the ones suffering from fragile masculinity.
    MoP had a far more hated cinematic when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Yeah because it's nonsensical that Sylvanas completely destroyed Bolvar with absolutely no difficulty when she didn't even do that against Saurfang.

Cinematic itself was great they all are. But the content itself was absolutely awful.
    I think the cinematic makes a whole lot of sense.

To me it just seems like people are colossally overestimating Bolvar, comparing him to Arthas is just inane. They are nowhere close to being the same, despite both technically being the "Lich King". Arthas came to embrace the power, became consumed/intertwined with the power, he also had Frostmourne. Bolvar is a newborn Lich King in comparison. He's also fighting against the corrupting powers, to remain in control, to keep the Scourge in check. He was also not at all prepared for a confrontation.

And now, Sylvanas is fueled and powered by a mysterious, potentially incredibly powerful entity.

From my point of view, people being upset with Sylvanas taking Bolvar down, makes absolutely no sense.

And you bring up Saurfang, did you even watch that cinematic? It was so obvious, that she didn't want to reveal her new powers.
    And when she did, Saurfang got absolutely decimated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    ROFLMAO, i dont care she is a she

But there is nothing "epic" about a character roflstomping another one on a fight.
    Blizzard creates "epic" cinematics usually.

This one was devoid of any "epicness".

And yes, i have a "epic meter" here with me. I know what im talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    MoP had a far more hated cinematic when it was new.
    Hi Hamsters :> I loved MoP's cinematic, so much!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

That's definitely been a focus since BFA in particular, drumming up controversy by just going all out with the story and then leaving it ambiguous as to how it'll end.

I don't think the bolv/sylv cinematic was even for that particular purpose, considering she's already unequivocally evil by the end of BFA to even the most dense fanboy.

Emotional manipulation is releasing the Burning of Teldrassil event and then not having Old Soldier for weeks.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-04 at 06:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's just weird how poorly written the characters are lately. Regardless of their aim, they're all paper thin with few redeeming qualities. I'd be OK with Sylvanas losing her mind if they at least attempted to fully contextualize it and make us sympathize with her in game.

It's honestly sub-kids cartoon at this point. I desperately tried to find something to latch onto and I just can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I loved MoP's cinematic so much!
    Me too.

The feels...100% feels

Starts with a clash between horde and alliance.
    Powerful, protector of the peace Panda happears.
    Previous enemies have to team up agains this panda.
    Epic speech.

An actual epic cinematic.

Honestly if people are branding it the worst cinematic ever, we're far better off without that mentality in game.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

When it comes to stories, emotional manipulation is what you're paying for. Done well you cheer, you cry, and every subtle feeling in between and you might not even notice it's happening. Blizzard has always had a heavy hand with it, and that's one of the reasons why they've been so successful. It's possible to go too far, which of course they also do at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    ROFLMAO, i dont care she is a she

But there is nothing "epic" about a character roflstomping another one on a fight.
    Blizzard creates "epic" cinematics usually.

This one was devoid of any "epicness".

And yes, i have a "epic meter" here with me. I know what im talking about.
    What the...

Sylvanas unexpectedly tearing the Helm of Domination apart, shattering the sky & veil to the Shadowlands.
    devoid of any "epicness".
    ...feck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Honestly if people are branding it the worst cinematic ever, we're far better off without that mentality in game.
    Your "epicness-meter" is totally broken if you found this cinematic good.

Technically, ofcourse it was good.
    But there is nothing cool about a fight without suffering and adversity.

The entire cinematic was used to show us how powerful Sylavanas is. Thats all you got from this entire video.

SYLVANAS = STRONG

That is all you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    It's pretty clear that the Bolvar/Sylvanas cinematic was designed to get the audience hating Sylvanas and wanting her to die, to hype up a confrontation with her in Shadowlands.

But as we can see in the comments everywhere, people are hating Blizzard instead. Some people think that Sylvanas will get away with everything, some people think it's a girl power fantasy, others are calling it the worst cinematic ever and swearing off the franchise.

Is it worth it to make an audience mad about the story? Because I think it's driving people away from the franchise moreso than making people want to buy to kill Sylvanas.
    Without a doubt, storytelling is the weakest part of WoW for quite a long time. It's way to complex, and all looks like "wannabe great story arc".

On the other hand, from all we had till now, Shadowlands look the most promising honestly. They try to explore a new area. They bring some new characters into the lore. Unfortunately, they try to sell the concept of "Warcraft cosmology" and yet they contradict things that happened even in the CHRONICLES!

They leave a lot of plot holes behind them, just to fill them up later on when they realize it was a bad idea to write a story in particular way.

I think I like the idea of Shadowlands, but I wouldn't be surprised if the execution of that concept went wrong. After all, they meddle with the theme of the realm of death - and I have never seen anobody utilizing that theme well. It would raise more questions than give answers.

It's pretty clear that the Bolvar/Sylvanas cinematic was designed to get the audience hating Sylvanas and wanting her to die, to hype up a confrontation with her in Shadowlands.

But as we can see in the comments everywhere, people are hating Blizzard instead. Some people think that Sylvanas will get away with everything, some people think it's a girl power fantasy, others are calling it the worst cinematic ever and swearing off the franchise.

Is it worth it to make an audience mad about the story? Because I think it's driving people away from the franchise moreso than making people want to buy to kill Sylvanas.
    Bolvar needed to be out of the picture for the next main villian. The shadow behind Sylvanas is non other than....Arthus!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    What the...

Sylvanas unexpectedly tearing the Helm of Domination apart, shattering the sky & veil to the Shadowlands.

...feck.
    99% of the cinematic is a fight...the fight was not "epic" or "cool"

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Listen to me when I say this:

There is literally nothing they can do, no story they can tell, no design they can come up with, no cinematic they can render with the most fantastic of computers that will make the whiny, bitching, vocal minority happy. So they just need to tell the story they want to tell because somebody, somewhere, is going to rage and bitch regardless.

And if Bolvar had won their fight, you can bet your ass that all the Sylvanas fanbois would be out in force, raging about that just as people have complained that he lost.

I didn't like the cinematic at all, not because Sylvanas won, but because it wasn't an interesting or balanced fight. She walks up with her smug little smirk and has an answer for everything he does. I don't think he should have defeated her - especially with what we know about the Jailer now - but the fight would have been more interesting if it painted at least the slightest possibility that maybe this time, she bit off more than she could chew.
    Personally I really liked the cinematic but mainly because lore I had been predicting for years came to pass and it was super satisfying to watch things play out. I liked it for various personal reasons also but its one of those: if you didnt like it that is fine. Everyone has different tastes etc.

However everything else in this post before that: PREACH IT PREACH IT!! OMFG THIIIIIS

There is an entire outrage industry build on hating on WoW and Blizzard. Youtubers/streamers's entire income rests on hating on WoW.

Nothing Blizzard does will make these people stop hating WoW and trying to convince other people to also hate WoW and give them money to hate together.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    There is an entire outrage industry build on hating on WoW and Blizzard. Youtubers/streamers's entire income rests on hating on WoW.

Nothing Blizzard does will make these people stop hating WoW and trying to convince other people to also hate WoW and give them money to hate together.
    Are you interested in engaging in an actual argument about the quality of the cinematic?

1) What did you got from this video apart from Sylvanas = Strong?
    2)It was a fight. 99% of cinematic was a fight. There is nothing epic in a fight without suffering and adversity.
    Sylvanas did not suffer.
    The entire video was used for story telling: Sylvanas = Strong, nothing else.

The video by itself is mediocre...is only good visually.

EDIT: This opinion is from someone who shed a tear on the Saurfang cinematic. Yes, i usually LOVE Blizzard cinematics.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-11-04 at 06:17 PM.

I’m not sure even with your first sentence. Hate for killing off Bolvar? Who the hell cares about him. She clearly states that she will get us free.