[Classic] Majordomo Executus: Hunter Kiting Firewaking Elites

In the Majordomo Executus fight in Molten Core there is a strategy where Hunters are used to kite the Firewaker Elites until the rest of the adds are dead.

I was tasked with doing this but I found that even with Aspect of the Cheetah active the Firewaker Elites ran much faster than I was able to run and they are immune to Concussive Shot. I didn't have Improved Aspect of the Cheetah, but the extra 6% movement speed would be nowhere near enough to let me run faster than them.

This isn't a problem initially since you can jump down the side of the ramp to get a huge headstart, but I found that if I didn't keep attacking the Firewaker Elite then they would drop aggro quite quickly and run back up the ramp, so I needed to keep attacking them. However, if I try to stay within range to keep attacking then they would catch up extremely quickly forcing me to Feign Death quite early (the furthest I could get while staying within attacking range was around the bridge overlooking Golemagg).

Here is a diagram showing my kiting attempt:

Does anyone else have experience with kiting the Firewaking Elite adds, and if you do anything differently that allows you to kite further/longer?

One video I saw said it should be possible to kite them all the way to where you fight Shazzrah, and in the video they were able to kill every single other add before the kited Firewaker Elites made it back to the raid.

Not sure if it's different from private to classic, but the videos I've seen they kite either towards Garr, or Golemagg. One arcane shot every now and then should suffice for aggro and for it not to reset aggro. They also seem to move really slow on the videos that are on youtube for an example.
    <Progress> - Firemaw EU

I am having this same issue. Have you run into any new information on this>

If Classic truly has the same mechanics as Vanilla, kite with Arcane Shot on cooldown. You have to hit a mob every six seconds to keep it from resetting.

So, at max range (you do have 3/3 Hawk Eye? helps quite a bit), open on your assigned target with Aimed, Multi if possible, and put up Serpent Sting (we don't apply it normally due to limited debuff slots, but for kiting, any damage helps), then haul ass. Pop it with Arcane on cooldown, use Sting if you miss. The important thing is something hits it every six seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I've not had the issue myself, I do as above, I open with an aimed.. then drop down and start running, I turn and arcane/sting. I usually get it down to around Shazzrah area. but thankfully as we've geared up we've less and less use for it and just CC them
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to bother with the kiting. Even in our splitruns with 20man, we found it alot easier to just do the boss the regular way.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    If Classic truly has the same mechanics as Vanilla, kite with Arcane Shot on cooldown. You have to hit a mob every six seconds to keep it from resetting.

So, at max range (you do have 3/3 Hawk Eye? helps quite a bit), open on your assigned target with Aimed, Multi if possible, and put up Serpent Sting (we don't apply it normally due to limited debuff slots, but for kiting, any damage helps), then haul ass. Pop it with Arcane on cooldown, use Sting if you miss. The important thing is something hits it every six seconds.
    Mobs in raids/dungeons do not have an aggro leash, tagging them once keeps them aggroed to you forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mobs in raids/dungeons do not have an aggro leash, tagging them once keeps them aggroed to you forever.
    Should have been more clear, yes. Six seconds applies to world mobs, not raid. I was thinking of maintaining threat over social aggro (e.g. healers are on the threat table for healing the tanks and dps) and any other direct threat, such as other people hitting them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/