10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the 28-3 Super Bowl so never counting the Pats out yet, but i suspect this team isnt as good as that one and the Ravens wont falcon it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Cyrus Jones finally making a play for the Patriots...

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This is what I was waiting for, Patriots defense against an actual offense.
    Exactly. I've been hearing people say all season about how the Patriots schedule being weak doesn't mean anything, but as we're seeing so far the historic Pat's D has racked up all their stats against a really weak schedule.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was fortunate for the pats, but they'll need to actually not rely on mistakes I think to win this.

Unless the Ravens actually do collapse

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. And that drive was going so well too.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packers fell for the trap game I think. Chargers have been improving as the season went on, and after this they have the Panthers, Bye, and 49ers.

That or they're a better team without Adams in the lineup in which case they should probably trade him in the offseason.

Also the Jets lost to the Dolphins which, per my own statements last week, means Gase should be fired.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Killlllllllllllllllllllller penalty. By Hightower no less. Been too many of those this game.

Quote Originally Posted by We are covfefe View Post
    Someone remind me why Seattle is supposed to be good again.
    Here's a hint:

R______ W_____
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Lamar Jackson is probably a couple inches taller after that td.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Lamar Jackson is probably a couple inches taller after that td.
    Orlando Brown, Chiropractor. xD

I've been saying all season that all the praise the Pat's D was getting this year was premature due to the very weak schedule they've had.

This is exactly why I've been saying that. The historic Pats D went up against one of the better offenses in the league and got punched in the mouth and never recovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, if Lamar ends up being the best QB of that draft class, so many people are gonna laaaaugh...

and I suspect he may well will be.

Yup so far all of the QB from that class turn out to be busts so far except Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield.

Lamar is sort of like Michael Vick type of QB, can throw and run, even last year he did quite well, this year he improved much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    The historic Pats D went up against one of the better offenses in the league and got punched in the mouth and never recovered.
    Some well timed humble pie going into the bye week, before the tough part of our schedule. Honestly, I kind of like it.

This loss and beat down will be on their mind till the next game, so hopefully they respond. I think they can.

Some of the best seasons the Patriots have had were when they ran into a team that was better than them on the day and took a prominent loss and then used that loss to improve.

Green Bay in 2014, Seahawks in 2016 both come to mind. Both times the team took that loss personally and improved and ended the season with a Superbowl. They will need to do the same this year, cause you can bet more teams will try to run the ball down their throat and punch them in the mouth down the stretch.

There's no good losses, but this is as close as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Some well timed humble pie going into the bye week, before the tough part of our schedule. Honestly, I kind of like it.

This loss and beat down will be on their mind till the next game, so hopefully they respond. I think they can.

Some of the best seasons the Patriots have had were when they ran into a team that was better than them on the day and took a prominent loss and then used that loss to improve.

Green Bay in 2014, Seahawks in 2016 both come to mind. Both times the team took that loss personally and improved and ended the season with a Superbowl. They will need to do the same this year, cause you can bet more teams will try to run the ball down their throat and punch them in the mouth down the stretch.

There's no good losses, but this is as close as it gets.
    That may be how the season ends, but this is exactly why I've been calling out everyone who was so high on how great the Pats D has been. Beating up a bunch of weak teams (which baring this and the next 4 games is still hilariously easy) isn't a good sample size to show you're a great defense. The Pats will still be in the playoffs (because with how weak their division and the AFC as a whole is I don't see any way they won't be), and they still have a great shot a first-round bye even if they drop one of their next 4, but the next 4 games will show just how good their defense really is, not the last 8 games.

Bills fans down on the 6-2 Bills because we've lost our only two games against any sort of halfway decent opponents (Philly, NE), and struggled to put away the Jets, Dolphins, Redskins, and Bengals, 4 wins against opponents with a combined record of.........wait for it.............3-30.

Also barely beat the 4-5 Titans (legit didn't know they had a nearly .500 record cause that team is fucking hot garbage). Only good win was against the 2-6 Giants whose ineptitude is only masked by being in the same division as the Redskins.

Also, sad I didn't get to watch Lamar beat the Patriots. D&D on Sunday evenings can be a pain in the ass, but I love our Sunday sessions and no one in my group gives a shit about football. It's hard being a nerd who's nerdy about a bunch of random, disparate things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, sad I didn't get to watch Lamar beat the Patriots. D&D on Sunday evenings can be a pain in the ass, but I love our Sunday sessions and no one in my group gives a shit about football. It's hard being a nerd who's nerdy about a bunch of random, disparate things.
    That was me last Sunday, of course this Sunday when the Saints have a bye, nobody was available to play.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    today in play stupid games, win stupid prizes

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...witter-tirade/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    today in play stupid games, win stupid prizes

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...witter-tirade/
    Is it bad that, without seeing what he wrote, my immediate thought is "Patriots sign him Wednesday?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    I've been saying all season that all the praise the Pat's D was getting this year was premature due to the very weak schedule they've had.

This is exactly why I've been saying that. The historic Pats D went up against one of the better offenses in the league and got punched in the mouth and never recovered.
    The better offense that didn't put up enough points to beat the Browns at home.

The better offense that had two weeks to prepare for the game?

Honestly, the Ravens benefit from a weak schedule ... they had to go to OT to beat the Roethlisberger-less Steelers.

The Ravens would have been favored if the Patriots weren't undefeated ... the Patriots aren't that good on the road (despite their shutouts this season).
    They have three games left of the 7 remaining on the road (Eagles, Bengals and Texans).

I hate the Ravens hype train right now because it is not deserved and only matters because the Patriots are A) the defending Champions and B) were undefeated going into the game. Take any of those away, no one would care. The Patriots had terrible loses at the Jags, Lions, etc in prior season where they made it to the Super Bowl.

This is one game and it is like you people don't understand the concept of "Any given Sunday."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code