Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Didn't do what exactly?
    We knew she experiemnted on innocent farmers and what have oyu in Classic.
    Incidentally; weren't the Tauren helping with that? I seem to recall a hoofer hanging out in the Apothecary ward trying to research a cure for undeath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    It's because she is a psycho who believes the world is a prison, so sending everyone to the afterlife would be freeing them from the evil world that is such a cruel prison.

It's almost like psychos have a twisted view of reality.
    This sums it up. Even though I'd like her to be chained in the Maw forever, I think somehow becoming a mortal living creature would be a worse punishment. She will become what she hates, and then she can die or w/e.

By the time she went there she had commited live human experimentation and been responsible for countless deaths of former Lordaeron citizens. Do not forget that there was a story set in Classic somewhere were Sylvanas was wwillingly using innocent living Lordaeron citizens as test subjects to create her kill-everything plague.
    Also she ordered Varimathras to wipe out the "human infestation" in Hillsbrad.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I am not saying she is not evil, what I am saying is what she did at the time of her suicide was not maw worthy, she had not raised others into undeath had not unleashed a continent spanning war etc. she should have ended up in the same place as Kael.
    Just for the sake of accuracy. She had raised others into undeath; the Player character among them. Though its not completely clear if classic forsaken were actually raised from the dead so much as found buried in a graveyard still twitching and sewn back together.
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Just for the sake of accuracy. She had raised others into undeath; the Player character among them. Though its not completely clear if classic forsaken were actually raised from the dead so much as found buried in a graveyard still twitching and sewn back together.
    She didn't have the means to raise undead back then, she only got that with the val'kyr all the others broke free from the lich king.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Serious question and i want straight answer.

Before we thought Sylvanas basically wants to kill everyone so everyone would be dead and turned into Forsaken.

Now the question is why she even opened the SL for everyone to come inside.

Is that because she wants free all souls out of the Maw and SL, basically reviving everyone?

Is that because that way it would be easier to kill us all?

Or is that because she wants us all dead and then deal with the Maw and SL so all our souls will be brought back to corpses, and we all will effectively become undead?

One thing im sure of - she doesnt plan to be the Death's ally. She gonna cuck the Maw, the SL, the Jailor, the Death to make everyone's souls return to the corpses.
    For Sylvanas death means freedom. She didn't manage to kill everyone before she was exposed so she brought Shadowlands to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Encaitar29 View Post
    She didn't do that by the time she commited suicide. I still think she is pulling either Souske Aizen or Solas (vide my post at page 7)
    man I cannot wait for DA4.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She didn't have the means to raise undead back then, she only got that with the val'kyr all the others broke free from the lich king.
    So it's the latter part of what I said then? We (PC Forsaken) just happened to break free of the Lich king in/around Deathknell and were picked up by the apothecaries there? I know one of the quest npcs there makes a joke about finding hands that fit.

Shes done lost herself to undeath and sees undeath and life as a prison and We're all its slaves so shd plans to murder us all and set our souls free for the longest corpse run ever.

She didn't conduct research of the Royal Apothecary Society by herself, right? A lot of you seem to mess RL morality and even RL theology with Warcraft. If Kael'thas, serving Burning Legion didn't cut it for the Maw, then pre-cata Sylvanas neither would cut it. Not to mention that almost every character in this universe killed innocents at some point.
    And if the Undead, by default go the Maw, hence the system if unfair in itself, then by saying that she will free everyone means that Sylvanas most likely wishes to fix that unfair system - either by killing Jailer/Arbiter/both and taking their place or merging Shadowlands with mortal plane therefore removing death altogether.

5+ Year Old Account
    She didn't conduct research of the Royal Apothecary Society by herself, right? A lot of you seem to mess RL morality and even RL theology with Warcraft. If Kael'thas, serving Burning Legion didn't cut it for the Maw, then pre-cata Sylvanas neither would cut it. Not to mention that almost every character in this universe killed innocents at some point.
    And if the Undead, by default go the Maw, hence the system if unfair in itself, then by saying that she will free everyone means that Sylvanas most likely wishes to fix that unfair system - either by killing Jailer/Arbiter/both and taking their place or merging Shadowlands with mortal plane therefore removing death altogether.
    Who’s to say the darkness she saw wasn’t just the Jailer by passing The Arbiter?

So he could use her by making her fear death and convince her that only the Jailer could free her from the “unfair system”.

She could easily be an unwilling pawn.

She was after basically depressed and vulnerable after Wotlk.

you all forget that the Burning Legion wants to save the multiverse as well by not trying to let the Void Lords in.

they are the good guys

Just goes to show the magnitutde of Sylvanas' evil deeds. Turns out helping the Legion out of desperation is not as evil as performing live vivisection on random frightened farmers you know is innocent.
    Most of the test subjects were either Scarlet Crusader members, militia members fighting the Forsaken or Dwarven soldiers.

Everyone in TBC got a redemption anyways.

Why is it so hard to accept that Sylvanas is evil? She has killed thousands of innocent lives, waged costly wars to empower herself and gone against all the ideals she supposedly champions.
    Why is it so hard to argue against a post like @Combatbulter pointing out how by WotLK's end Kael was worse than Sylvanas without the "so you think Sylvanas is good?!!>!1231?" sad straw-man?

Didn't do what exactly?
    We knew she experiemnted on innocent farmers and what have oyu in Classic.
    Can't you remember your own posts? Your previous post that @Encaitar29 replied to included her waging costly wars to empower herself and "going against all the ideals she supposedly champions".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think she essentially searches for nirvana, no rebirth, no afterlife just nothingness.

I also doubt blizzard thought of a grander scheme, where she only committed genocide, because that way the life energy in The Maw would be flourishing, granting the perfect battlefront for a war against the void. Or maybe the balance between life and death needs to be broken to defend against the void? I doubt it, they just needed a villain and ultimate death is something mortals will always strife against, however peaceful it may be.
    Furthermore, I consider Teldrassil must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Also she ordered Varimathras to wipe out the "human infestation" in Hillsbrad.
    And she was doing the same to the Forest Trolls when still alive but that didn't stop her from going to some swell afterlife the first time.

Unless Arbiter is also tainted by human potential and killing humans is a worse offense than killing Trolls...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Say, what if sylvanas just want to die withouth anything after ? Just disappear. It's that she wanted when she suicided, and was afraid of what happened after (probably the maw) so she just want to be freed and at peace, withouth anything after her death.

It means she isn't a "I will destroy you because EVIL" villian or a "I will destroy you for selfish gains" villian. Though you can't rule out a "I will force _my_ way upon world" type villain. (If I had the patience, I would look up what tvtropes calls these.)

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    (If I had the patience, I would look up what tvtropes calls these.)
    My guess is "assholes".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    I think she is suicidal but afterlife doesn't give her peace so she'll destroy everything, maybe she even thinks she knows better than us and it is the better fate for all of us. At least that's what I think is going on in her head, "this world is a prison" and all that, some life hating including afterlife :P
    Yeah, that's exactly how I interpret it.

Her ending up in the Maw actually points out that her suicide happened after the "death machine got broken" event. There is absolutly no reason as to why she would end up there, if people like Kael'thas didn't end up there.
    No. Cairne died after Sylvanas, he manifests in the Tauren heritage questline when logic dictates his spirit should be confied to the Maw from which nothing escapes.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!