Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Enhance shaman can't use shields?

I boosted my old 70 enha shaman to 120 and I tried to equip shield against rogue for extra 15% physical reduction. I couldn't use my stormstrike anymore, is this bug or intended? Big nerf to shaman survivability against melee. What is this logic I could use that strat when I was 70 but can't anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I boosted my old 70 enha shaman to 120 and I tried to equip shield against rogue for extra 15% physical reduction. I couldn't use my stormstrike anymore, is this bug or intended? Big nerf to shaman survivability against melee. What is this logic I could use that strat when I was 70 but can't anymore?
    When did you play him last?

Stormstrike needs two melee weapons for at least 2 expansions I believe.

Enhance shaman with a shield? Lol this is not classic wow dude. You aint allowed to have any customization.

3+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's intended, and the logic is this quote from Blizzard:
    It doesn't make sense for players to be suddenly restricted from things they used to be able to do.
    Oh wait is this completely contradictory? Woops, looks like we have some fucking idiots running the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, Enhancement shamans used to be able to use shields? Sounds fucking stupid, I understand why Blizzard removed that option. I really want 2h Enhancement to return though.

What a bummer

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Wait, Enhancement shamans used to be able to use shields? Sounds fucking stupid, I understand why Blizzard removed that option. I really want 2h Enhancement to return though.
    Yes and it was good against rogues

They literally had a talent that increased block chance.

You cant even use your enhancement abilities when you equip a weapon with int on it.

It's awful design.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Shield Block used to be a talent in the Enhancement tree.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    You cant even use your enhancement abilities when you equip a weapon with int on it.

It's awful design.
    That is not correct and you know it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    tbh he is right it dosent matter anymore, it was been implemented to prevent ppls to chease with int weapons that had elemental proc on them although from couple expansions spell dmg for enh is counted from ap so it would not work anyway, imo lazy way to sort some not really intended mechanics in the game :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Go ahead, try using SS with a caster weapon and don't tell me I make up things.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Go ahead, try using SS with a caster weapon and don't tell me I make up things.
    If I have two caster weapons, I can use Stormstrike. All you need is two weapons.

5+ Year Old Account
    even + 70% physical reduction would be useless..... mostly rogues wreck shamans with magic damage.... or ignore armor ...

But after ION words how DYING is mechanic of shamans i am not surprised its most non-fun class of all . (ION hates shamans, you better not play hated class for your own good mental health)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    even + 70% physical reduction would be useless..... mostly rogues wreck shamans with magic damage.... or ignore armor ...

But after ION words how DYING is mechanic of shamans i am not surprised its most non-fun class of all . (ION hates shamans, you better not play hated class for your own good mental health)
    I remember that one. I blame him for tailoring Shaman into the class for masochists. Literally every ability has a trade off and is marginally worse than the competition (hunter, mage and lock).

Tbf, we’re actually one of the better classes in BfA. What does that tell you? /s

If I have two caster weapons, I can use Stormstrike. All you need is two weapons.
    You can't wield 2 caster weapons.

10+ Year Old Account

What? Ghostcrawler's retribution thing was replaced with Ion's shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    You can't wield 2 caster weapons.
    Of course you can, enhancement shaman can use all his abilities while wielding +int weapons, the only requirement is dual wielding.
    pane, nutella e demon hunter

Quote Originally Posted by this is caranthir View Post
    Of course you can, enhancement shaman can use all his abilities while wielding +int weapons, the only requirement is dual wielding.
    Caster weapons cannot be dual wielded by any class. They are main hand only.

Three things:

1. It's not exactly arcane knowledge that Ion himself plays a Shaman.
    2. Piss and moan all about Resto and Enhance you want but Elemental has been extremely fun to play since 8.1.
    3.Shaman having weak defense hasn't been a problem for the entirety of BfA, because they managed to stop designing Encounters around half of your dps having rogue like defensives.

I blame him for tailoring Shaman into the class for masochists.
    That reincarnation meme has been a thing since Wotlk, where Blizzard dropped a buttload of defensive cd's onto so many classes but skipped over Shaman until MoP.

By the way, Ion didn't even have any direct influence on class design until Legion, before that, he was a (lead) encounter designer.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-11-06 at 12:23 AM.