15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I mean, Ceasar came in as a Reform Faction dictator, and a few Preatorian guard encounters later, the Ceasar-Octavian line was replaced egomaniacal conservatives for a few decades before another couple of Preatorian mishaps set in another group of reformers.

To think they'd rule forever is folly.
    That has never stopped any of the ones that came after.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This is a MAJOR MAJOR problem in every wealthy area of the country. It's a big problem in Seattle, and Austin Texas also is starting to have the same kinds of issues.

I am at a loss for how to deal with the situation. The pattern seems to be: IT jobs (or other high paying jobs) come to a city. Outsiders send in 3-10 resumes for every job created because they are looking to find somewhere cheaper to live. Few locals get the new high paying jobs. The price of everything skyrockets, driving them out of the city into areas where they have VERY long commutes.
    To put it into perspective.

In 2018, the entire US had approximately 130b of venture capital funding which placed it as #1 in the world. Out of that amount 78b went to CA. If CA is a country, it would be #3 (China was #2 with over 100b).

Due to global economy slow down, the amount is anticipated to go down to just over 100b in 2019. This is not specific to the US. The entire world's VC funding (including China) is expected to decline. Except for CA. It is on track to match that 78b again in 2019,

The South Market District of SF is a small area in the eastern section of the city. It used to be a warehouse district in my days. Now it is the start up capital of CA. There are more start up companies in a single tiny SF district than TX and FL combined.

Synthetic biomed manufacturing is big right now. However, there are no funding outside of CA and MA.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump doesn't rule out shutting down the government in order to deflect from Impeachment. Shocking.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting article pointing out that Trump was never a New Yorker to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

DOJ Trump's personal law firm is trying to destroy the First Amendment, targeting anonymous author of book with insider information on Trump's White House shenanigans.

- - - Updated - - -

Just not his day today:

Trump loses Circuit Court Appeal and must release his tax returns. My favorite part from the ruling:
    ...we hold that any presidential immunity from state criminal process does not bar the enforcement of a subpoena.
    The case will go to the SCOTUS for a final decision.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about the ruling on Trump's tax returns. Do they have to wait for him to turn them over it or can they get them from another source?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://theweek.com/speedreads/87616...ap-power-tools

So...you can climb any wall. You can tunnel under any wall. You can cut through any wall.

What's the fucking point of this, again?
    *sips wine noisily*

Keeps the coyotes out I guess.

Oh, and we'll have scrap steel on hand if we need it further down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I have a question about the ruling on Trump's tax returns. Do they have to wait for him to turn them over it or can they get them from another source?
    As far as I'm aware, they've largely been asking other sources and Trump is trying to block those other sources from turning them over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's the One Finger Salute!

- - - Updated - - -

Are we back to raking the forest?

And a bit of witness intimidation, for a witness that is now irrelevant.
    I feel like this is Deja vu didnt he rip our previous Governor for the rivers as well?

As a side note love or hate the left Jerry Brown left a huge surplus in CA. Something Trump only dreams of doing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    To be something of a Devil's Advocate here: California is wealthy as absolute fuck, but the wealth inequality and rising cost of living /are/ a huge problem for the state's money making cities, and they should do what they can to address that because it inevitably becomes unsustainable when the people working lower end jobs can't even afford to live in the city they work in anymore.
    This is very true. It is happening in Napa valley. Extremely profitable restaurants just simply close because they can not hire enough staff to live close enough to commute.

The owners of the Bed and Breakfast we stay in basically clean rooms for 6 hours a day and cook meals the other 6 hours.
    Every day 7 days a week because they can not hire anyone

When Ambassador Yovanovitch sought advice from Gordon Sondland, he recommended that she tweet her praise of Trump, she testified. https://t.co/j0pxR1iySV https://t.co/HZ2IdCQX7D
    https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...618954240?s=19

Yep. Appease the man child. Fedd his narcassim.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Belongs in the other Trump thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw that Trump is planning to attend ANOTHER sporting event this week. This time it's college football with Alabama vs LSU. Dude is desperate to find an event where he doesn't get booed.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...y-per-reports/
    Sure. Let's attend an event with even younger people. The kids love him!

It's in Tuscaloosa though, that could be interesting. Because while it is very red around here, I don't think Trump is as loved as he thinks he is in the state.

- - - Updated - - -

I just saw that Trump is planning to attend ANOTHER sporting event this week. This time it's college football with Alabama vs LSU. Dude is desperate to find an event where he doesn't get booed.

Hmm, he might not want to attend with that oncoming hurricane...

Clearly he's trying to hit the trifecta of boos.
    Perhaps he misunderstood when his advisers said his polls needed a Boo-st.

- - - Updated - - -

Huh? I'm commenting on his narcassim for most part. /shrug.

After Trump was booed at the Nationals games and again we are talking about his narcassim. So now Trump will go from sporting event to sporting event seeking affirmation.

He needs it fed and in part its his staff scrambling to feed the man-child. If a deep south football doesn't do it then next might be hockey.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Huh? I'm commenting on his narcassim for most part. /shrug.

After Trump was booed at the Nationals games and again we are talking about his narcassim. So now Trump will go from sporting event to sporting event seeking affirmation.

He needs it fed and in part its his staff scrambling to feed the man-child. If a deep south football doesn't do it then next might be hockey.
    Nah, will have to be NASCAR or something.

I still think it is funny he expects comforting from a Football game. Most football games I have seen tend to be pretty interracially mixed and I don't think he is liked much by the general black community.

Sure, being deep south will help him, but outside of his base, he still isn't very well liked.

Even hockey, would probably be against him as that also attracts viewers outside of his base. Evidently a lot of women like watching Hockey too.

Typically, if they aren't old, uneducated, white or male, they don't tend to support Trump, though there are some exceptions.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

I still think it is funny he expects comforting from a Football game. Most football games I have seen tend to be pretty interracially mixed and I don't think he is liked much by the general black community.

Sure, being deep south will help him, but outside of his base, he still isn't very well liked.

Even hockey, would probably be against him as that also attracts viewers outside of his base. Evidently a lot of women like watching Hockey too.

Typically, if they aren't old, uneducated, white or male, they don't tend to support Trump, though there are some exceptions.
    Ehh! With the whole football thing I think the more conservative crowd is more vocal for football. Maybe not the true fact but more my hunch.

Again, I'm not saying the outcome might or might not be great for Trump, but again, he and his staff need to reaffirm his insecurity and narcissism. So I think they are going down the checklist of what sporting event he can go to to get he admiration he so desperately needs. Trump has not went to any sporting event but the Army/Navy Game which is almost required. All of sudden he is about to visit 3 events in less than a few weeks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

BAD FOOTBALL MAN KNEEL!

I mean, this should be interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Trump is in constant need of adoration. It's the reason he likes dictators so well. And the reason he hates an unbiased press/media. If you say something bad about Trump you are clearly an enemy of the "people". I'm surprised he doesn't stand at the balcony of the White House and have his sycophants play cheering crowd noises from speakers hidden in the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    BAD FOOTBALL MAN KNEEL!

I mean, this should be interesting...
    Made me think how amazing it would be if all the players took an knee when he gets announced. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Made me think how amazing it would be if all the players took an knee when he gets announced. ^_^
    He and his idiot cultists would twist it saying the players were praising him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    He and his idiot cultists would twist it saying the players were praising him.
    Should use the middle finger salute to clear any ambiguity.