Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bought a new PC before BfA - RTX2070 and i5-9600K. Way below the 2k$ mark. Only raid encoutner I ever had bad FPS was Zul, because I had everything on maximum then. Tuned down some stuff I can't see (or ignore) anyway - no bad FPS since.

If you're having bad FPS with a good system, check your addons, check your settings, check your drivers, check if any other program clogs your PC while playing.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WurstKaeseSzenario View Post
    If you're having bad FPS with a good system, check your addons, check your settings, check your drivers, check if any other program clogs your PC while playing.
    That takes work though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    You have a $2k PC and you're having FPS issues? I spent like $900 on mine and i play on Ultra lol. Seems like somebody got scammed.
    I paid 700€ (in France) for my tower able to to run 60 fps/FHD/ultra. So yeah 900$ with screen/mouse/keyboard seems ok.
    If you paid 2k, you did sth wrong.
    And I use a shitload of addons.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lower graphics but keep on projected textures for raiding. The game doesn't take advantage of multi-threading yet and mostly runs off your cpu. This is why it's very susceptible to become unstable by bad/heavy addon usage and/or stuff you have running in the background next to the game.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

now i understand better why blizzard don't fix anything... people so blind that even can't understand that they have bad fps...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am sorry, but if your FPS drops to fucking 15 FPS in raids, it's on you. It's just how it is.

I am a mythic raider and I don't have these problems, guess that makes you "EVERYONE HAFF PROBLUMZZ" incorrect right there.
    I have been raiding HC (15-25 people) all tier in Ultra at a steady 60 fps with a shitload of addons. I might have some fps drops (specially on patch days) but its seldom below 40 fps and for a sec or two.

It is the year 5056 and OP still has not listed his PC specs. He is a strong independant person who needs no help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    you severely underestimate the amount of extra data as many addons as someone like sco uses would generate, it's like running WoW twice over
    Recount used to kill everyone back in MoP, that was funny.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    now i understand better why blizzard don't fix anything... people so blind that even can't understand that they have bad fps...
    Don't be mad on others for your own inability to use given solutions.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryzen 2600X and 1080ti and I get 45-70 in raids/bgs and 90+ in 5mans using both 4k60 and 144hz 1440 setups. 120+ in world content

Check your settings and adjust accordingly
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Don't be mad on others for your own inability to use given solutions.
    How the hell do we summon a moderator to kick the guy out of this website ? Is there a ritual or something ? With 5 people of which 1 dies at the end ?

Pretty sure this person is just trolling at this point. Everyone has asked for the specs and instead of just giving the specs and shutting everyone up about it, he continues to defend why he won't post them. This dude is bating you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangfoudre View Post
    How the hell do we summon a moderator to kick the guy out of this website ? Is there a ritual or something ? With 5 people of which 1 dies at the end ?
    I volunteer as tribute

another example of top streamer with top pc - slootbag - some random stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/480019107?t=00h54m04s
    30-40 fps whole fight... yes he is poor person who can't configure his pc seems he need to take lessons of all these thrash talkers...

i post videos of top players like Sco, slootbag etc. i can post here every single of 1k videos that even top players have bad fps but in return there is 5 pages of thrash talkers who cant post a single video with fps meter that we can see this "never drop below 100 fps" shit... it's easy - show even single video of mythic Queen Azshara and fps never drops at least 80 mark...
    Last edited by ztn; 2019-11-04 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Have you considered anything above 60FPS is the exact same to your eyes?
    That actually is not true. There is a huge difference between 60 and 90fps, and slightly less but still noticeable difference between 90 and 144fps.

And you are dumb enough to use people who are streaming, using discords, and using not optimized WAs as reference... I have stable 60-90 fps in raids in High settings. Like, fix your PC and stop blaming blizzard.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2019-11-04 at 11:06 PM.

another example of top streamer with top pc - slootbag - some random stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/480019107?t=00h54m04s
    30-40 fps whole fight... yes he is poor person who can't configure his pc seems he need to take lessons of all these thrash talkers...

i post videos of top players like Sco, slootbag etc. i can post here every single of 1k videos that even top players have bad fps but in return there is 5 pages of thrash talkers who cant post a single video with fps meter that we can see this "never drop below 100 fps" shit... it's easy - show even single video of mythic Queen Azshara and fps never drops at least 80 mark...
    Then post of a video of your FPS drop with bloodlust so we can see your UI loaded with addons that aren't needed and then we will say the same to you bud

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    That actually is not true. There is a huge difference between 60 and 90fps, and slightly less but still noticeable difference between 90 and 144fps.
    You're both wrong. There is a large variance from person to person. And the FPS your eyes can pick up and your brain can process degrades with age after you peak, like most things. Range of hearing is much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You're both wrong. There is a large variance from person to person. And the FPS your eyes can pick up and your brain can process degrades with age after you peak, like most things. Range of hearing is much the same.
    Whete did you get that from. For every single person out there if you show them a game running at 60fps, and then on 90fps or 144fps they will see noticeable difference in how smoother the game is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    WoW is a very CPU heavy game because of all the damage calculations and procs and shit. Even more so in raids because there are more people. That is actually the biggest reason we have stat squishes all the time. The game couldnt handle the MoP numbers very well. A lot of MoP bosses had heal mechanics to counteract the big numbers. Multiply that by a fuck ton when Bloodlust is used.
    That is a load of bollocks. The number in MOP were inconsequential to a modern PC, not to mention all that is done on the database anyway. In fact I bet behind the scenes the numbers are still gigantic. Just want we see isn't. Because that would be the easiest fix. The issue was the number were getting consequential for humans.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    Then post of a video of your FPS drop with bloodlust so we can see your UI loaded with addons that aren't needed and then we will say the same to you bud
    i don't ask to post your video - i ask about any video that you can find. i already post 5+ videos from well known top players with top configurations to prove my point. this topic is not about me or my pc - so i don't think that my video prove smth or at least appropriate.