Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Whete did you get that from. For every single person out there if you show them a game running at 60fps, and then on 90fps or 144fps they will see noticeable difference in how smoother the game is.
    doubt that. it's probably more that once you get used to 90 or 144 you notice how much 60 stands out.

e.g. when i upgrade resolution my first reaction is usually " everything is so small", but then i get used to it and then when i have to use an older screen i go "everything is so big" instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    i consider every person that talk about my spec or my settings or my addons or my situation at all as just brain dead because i don't need any help. i understand how it works better then 99% on this forum and i have performance in raids better then 99% on this forum etc... i discuss there a big problem that everybody have with poor fps in raids. i understand that somebody just don't realize this problem at all so i even mention in my 1st post that i don't want to talk with them... i want to talk with people who have enough brains to at least see the problem...
    i had big fps problems on my old cpu. replaced it in WoD i think? and then by legion my old CPU didn't even meet the minimum requirements anymore.
    my current cpu was released in late 2015 i think, and so far so good. i do get occasional drops in fps below 30.

on the other hand, i also know people whos game crashes or goes into single digit fps from WAs. so i don't think there is only one answer to fps problems.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-04 at 11:31 PM.

Whete did you get that from. For every single person out there if you show them a game running at 60fps, and then on 90fps or 144fps they will see noticeable difference in how smoother the game is.
    Google searches are really really hard so I will help you out. For instance, from https://www.pcgamer.com/how-many-fra...ye-really-see/

“I think typically, once you get up above 200 fps it just looks like regular, real-life motion,” DeLong says. But in more regular terms he feels that the drop-off in people being able to detect changes in smoothness in a screen lies at around 90Hz. “Sure, aficionados might be able to tell teeny tiny differences, but for the rest of us it’s like red wine is red wine.”
    Personally I cannot tell the difference above 90 Hz, so you're just flat wrong. (I'm probably older than you and my eyes have never been that great.) I believe that you can since you claim you can, and this is exactly my point ... different people can perceive frames better or worse than other people.

Thanks for the assist.

Alright, i am done with this guy, he wants help, but doesnt want help, he says blizzard isnt fixing problems about their systems. ztn, you want 240 fps on a 2005-2007 client FROM YOUR ORIGINAL POST, that is never EVER going to happen.

Update your computer, fix your settings in game, adjust addon usage and you will get what you were bitching about on the ORIGINAL POST.

Good riddance

that's why i mention in my 1st post yes every single player of worldtop guilds that play on 3k$ computers is stupid that we see drops to 15-30 fps on bl-pull IN EVERY SINGLE MOVIE OR STREAM... you post means that you even didn't measure fps during intense moments in raids and think that "everything is ok"
    You know, I really don't care what other peoples computers do, because for all I know they could all have terrible systems. All I know, and all that matters for me, is that my PC does not crap itself even on Preset 10 with everything turned up in a raid.

Just because someone is a so called "top player" doesn't mean they know shit about setting up their PC properly, trimming down on addons (in fact, usually the opposite on the addon front), and all that.

For the record, strong drops during busy combat is very often addon-related, because fast combat during BL will generate much more data for addons to process.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2019-11-04 at 11:44 PM.

I'm sorry to say, I can't follow your argument OP.

I have always been able to tweak my settings so my raids were playable - even when I gamed on a laptop.

But yes, FPS will drop, when 30 people attack the same Boss, with pyroblasts and all spells showing..
    But I believe they changed that a couple of expansions ago, so you dont see all spells flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Google searches are really really hard so I will help you out. For instance, from https://www.pcgamer.com/how-many-fra...ye-really-see/

Personally I cannot tell the difference above 90 Hz, so you're just flat wrong. (I'm probably older than you and my eyes have never been that great.) I believe that you can since you claim you can, and this is exactly my point ... different people can perceive frames better or worse than other people.

Thanks for the assist.
    Like I said before, the biggest difference is between 60 and 90Hz, which according to the article you've linked is the drop off number where people are most likely to see a difference. Whereas 90Hz+ is less noticeable visually (even for me), but you can still notice that the game is more responsive on higher fps.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShawoman View Post
    Alright, i am done with this guy, he wants help, but doesnt want help
    He never wanted help. He wanted to complain.

I understand the complaint: WoW is not optimized for high end machines and other games that are just as demanding visually can be run at higher frame rates. But they have not ignored this. They have specifically stated the intention to keep it playable on a larger number of machines. So it's a dead end complaint by someone with poor relational skills.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said before, the biggest difference is between 60 and 90fps, which according to the article you've linked is the drop off number where people are most likely to see a difference. Whereas 90+ is less noticeable (even for me).
    I knew you would try to spin like you were right all along. But you acted like I was crazy for saying that different people perceive different frame rates, which is exactly what the article (and many others) says. Your initial response to me makes no sense with your new spin.

Don't care, not going to waste more time on you. Think and claim whatever you want champ.

Op is right. My PC kostet 5k of dollars and even though most people are too retarded to understand the problem (they just can't see good and that why they think they don't have the problem) I have found FIVE TOP WORLD PROGAMORS LIKE ME and they all have the same problem! Only because 5 3D models flash up the moment a bossfight starts together with 2 raid grids, DBM, Weakaura, Details, Skada and Recount, plus my combat settings change for barteneder doesn't mean it's my own fault.
    I know what I am doing and therefor posting any information except my opnion is a complete waste of time you morons.

That is ridiculus. Fuck Blizzard and their FPS problem!

another idea that come to my mind why all this people even don't know about the problem every single mythic raider know for years is - all this people are lfr warriors...

You wanted the classic experience. I hope you are using ventrilo, too. Bonus, if your raid group is all set to random volumes.

There's no reason to run Ultra in raids. Medium-High is enough.

I too have low fps during boss fights with a lot of particles ( gorgonzola for example ) ( oragoza )

But atleast I know where the issue is;

I play on a 4k screen with a 10 year old 970 GTX.

Current rig:

I5-9700k
    970 GTX ( To be replaced with a 2080 the next year )
    32 GB ram ( corsair dominator, 3200 )

Rest isn't really relevant I think
    I usually play around "5" as default graphic settings provided by blizzard, toning down everything that isn't relevant in raids to zero or low, I still hit about 27-31 fps during peak moments ( when a lot of stuff happens at the same time )

But it would be blatantly ignorant to blame blizzard for my own rig.

Hopefully I can convince the OP to post his ancient relic

3+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha I’d be damn happy with your FPS... I get about 13fps in BfA content, and even worse in raids (which is why I don’t raid). And my graphics are set to option 3.

Yes, you may all feast upon my tears and sorrow; I don’t mind sharing.

Why do you think you possibly need 240 FPS?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would be helpful to list PC specs.....

Quote Originally Posted by Boiled-Lobster View Post
    I too have low fps during boss fights with a lot of particles ( gorgonzola for example ) ( oragoza )

But atleast I know where the issue is;

I play on a 4k screen with a 10 year old 970 GTX.

Current rig:

I5-9700k
    970 GTX ( To be replaced with a 2080 the next year )
    32 GB ram ( corsair dominator, 3200 )

Rest isn't really relevant I think
    I usually play around "5" as default graphic settings provided by blizzard, toning down everything that isn't relevant in raids to zero or low, I still hit about 27-31 fps during peak moments ( when a lot of stuff happens at the same time )

But it would be blatantly ignorant to blame blizzard for my own rig.

Hopefully I can convince the OP to post his ancient relic
    "Its 2000 dollars, so I know what I'm doing..."

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not to detract all all from your argument, but have you tried raiding without addons? You might be surprised at how much of an impact they can have on performance.
    I use very few addons (im a pvp player too) and have a 1k$ and in raids my fps goes to 10 in LFR, or in my guild progression
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

i don't ask to post your video - i ask about any video that you can find. i already post 5+ videos from well known top players with top configurations to prove my point. this topic is not about me or my pc - so i don't think that my video prove smth or at least appropriate.
    Its about you and your PC when other people aren't having the same issues as you are...

You're both wrong. There is a large variance from person to person. And the FPS your eyes can pick up and your brain can process degrades with age after you peak, like most things. Range of hearing is much the same.
    Well as a 28 year old i can tell you playing on 60 fps feels like utter dogshit everything is janky and slow as hell.

Thanks for the assist.
    Part of the issue with some people, is they can only tell changes by looking at the UI to tell them their FPS has changed.... The OP is quoted as demanding 240 FPS, but I doubt he can tell the difference in a game like WoW.