Thread: WoW Q&A hosts

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    From what i gather from reading the thread, a lot of people seem to be giving these guys a pass for really just being fans and being "positive". lets face it if some random dude you met at a party started rambling about inside jokes no one would understand and saying memes irl, you'd be finding anyway out of that conversation, that's weird and cringey. the positive thing, after watching few videos of their weekly show. lets just say there is a difference between being positive and apologist, they lean towards the latter. they literally have an excuse for everything being "good" which i could appreciate if they were just trying to be devil's advocate but they generally seem to think some how these terrible systems and decisions made by blizzard are good.
    I don't think you quite understand the job of a host. If Blizzard wanted someone just to stand there and hold a mic, they could have gotten an intern to do it. They're were invited because they're a personality in the community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by komlit View Post
    Bs you can't have one rule for 1 and 1 for another. He should have walked away or said nothing.
    There isn't a double standard because they aren't even comparable.

Taliesen ushered a protester away by being cordial. Blitzchung was the protester.
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-05 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    I don't think you quite understand the job of a host. If Blizzard wanted someone just to stand there and hold a mic, they could have gotten an intern to do it. They're were invited because they're a personality in the community.

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't a double standard because they aren't even comparable.

Taliesen ushered a protester away by being cordial. Blitzchung was the protester.
    I assume your a fan that is why. But no your wrong they have banned others just for saying it or who agree with it. Regardless how you spin it he said "I agree with that" so what makes him above the rules nothing.

He said "Sounds good".

He handled it like a champ. Basically he was just being non-confrontational and letting the people do their spiel and get out of there instead of continuing to disturb the event.

I bet Blizzard actually gave him huge props for how he handled it.
    I agree, Taliesen handled it well. I keep thinking how other "WoW influencers" would have handled and most would have just stood there and done nothing while taking time away from Q&A.

However, in my head, I can totally see Asmongold kicking the living out of that kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only enjoy watching the Heroes of the Storm team.

Regardless how you spin it he said "I agree with that" so what makes him above the rules nothing.
    You're just blind (deaf?) with rage.

I literally just rewatched it. The words "I agree with that" never left his mouth in regard to the Hong Kong protesters. So why are you lying?
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-05 at 12:41 AM.

Some of the posts in this topic are toxic as hell and really are showcasing how far mmoc has fallen. On the topic of more questions,

http://twitter.com/TaliesinEvitel/st...15292011962370

But... everyone in the queue got their questions answered. There were literally no more people left to ask questions. I guess we could have finished 5 minutes early rather than make you angry.
    Blaming Tali because blizzard didn’t provide them with enough questions to ask is cheap as hell, they prolonged the Q&A longer asking some of their own questions just because there were none. They’re the hosts of a very controlled Q&A by blizzard, there’s nothing more they could of done and frankly Tali did amazing with the child protestor.

This tweet was posted on page 1 of this topic and it’s a shame people are ignoring it and carrying on with the facade that they stole time from the fans. It’s also a shame the moderators are ignoring some of the really nasty posts in here too. Shame.
    Last edited by Razaron; 2019-11-05 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    Kind of skipped the part with all the shit they were getting from certain asmongold fans (including rape and death threats towards his wife during that whole thing). Pretty sure most people would tend to overreact to something like that.
    People on the internet can be jerks. Hiding behind a keyboard makes them brave. That's not Asmon's fault. He might be a tool, but he's not telling his legion of fans to go threaten other streamers. If he was, that'd be a very different story. The reality is he has no real power over them nor does he have an obligation to actively go out and defend Tali or anyone else. The truth is you can hold any given opinion about any topic and be vocal about it online and you'll face threats, insults, and attacks.

All of that aside, it doesn't excuse Tali's hypocrisy about "punching down" when half his schtick is crapping all over forum posters and was actively punching down on the people in his stream at the time.

Screw both those guys. I'll stick with Preach/Bay/Hazel

You're just blind (deaf?) with rage.

I literally just rewatched it. The words "I agree with that" never left his mouth in regard to the Hong Kong protesters. So why are you lying?
    lmao he says it at 18:52 (during the QnA) GG trying to act like he didn't

I think they we're kinda fine for the most part, the dude was clearly super nervous.
    At this point, I'm used to the hosts being fairly substandard.

What was not fine however, between the two, it felt like they used like a good third of the allotted time. Asking their own, pointless questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    People on the internet can be jerks. Hiding behind a keyboard makes them brave. That's not Asmon's fault. He might be a tool, but he's not telling his legion of fans to go threaten other streamers. If he was, that'd be a very different story. The reality is he has no real power over them nor does he have an obligation to actively go out and defend Tali or anyone else. The truth is you can hold any given opinion about any topic and be vocal about it online and you'll face threats, insults, and attacks.
    Youtubers have influence over their fans whether you like or not. There are some really crazy people that hang on their favorite Youtuber's every word. I would not be surprised in the slightest if it took Asmogold to say "no that's not acceptable" for some fans to actually stop doing it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's his fault, but he certainly has the power to change things.

As with most people, if you start hearing death threats of your loved ones, you might start seeing red. Does that mean he can do whatever wants? No. But it's understandable and even forgivable in my eyes. He's still a fun dude.

All of that aside, it doesn't excuse Tali's hypocrisy about "punching down" when half his schtick is crapping all over forum posters and was actively punching down on the people in his stream at the time.

Screw both those guys. I'll stick with Preach/Bay/Hazel
    I wouldn't call poking fun at outrage culture, hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalrus2010 View Post
    Youtubers have influence over their fans whether you like or not. There are some really crazy people that hang on their favorite Youtuber's every word. I would not be surprised in the slightest if it took Asmogold to say "no that's not acceptable" for some fans to actually stop doing it.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's his fault, but he certainly has the power to change things.

As with most people, if you start hearing death threats of your loved ones, you might start seeing red. Does that mean he can do whatever wants? No. But it's understandable and even forgivable in my eyes. He's still a fun dude.

I wouldn't call poking fun at outrage culture, hypocrisy.
    Interestingly one of his fans recently posted death threats to his friend McConnell which resulted in the stream being muted. But you can lip read the words police from Zack’s mouth as he dealt with the guy very well. It was clear listening to the fan that he had issues and he handled it very well.

Just rewtached it just again. He absolutely does not say "I agree with that". Why are you lying?

You can watch the entire exchange here:

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1190831031315828736
    Last edited by Teekey; 2019-11-05 at 01:10 AM.

Just rewtached it just again. He absolutely does not say that. Why are you lying?
    he said "sounds good to me"

It doesn't really matter to be honest. The point is that this happened outside of Taliesen's control. He didn't plan for that to happen.

Whereas the two casters allowed the interview to take place as it did. I'm not saying that I agree with the punishment. However, from Blizzard's point of view that is not what they planned and it wasn't about the game. That's why they banned.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2019-11-05 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind if a host is awkward or nervous, thats fair... But their time wasting and inside jokes really irritated me. As did the whole intro of how they met or their baby.. like I'm supposed to give a flying f*ck.. "oh but they just wanted to create a comfortable atmosphere" who cares?! It's a Q&A not some group therapy session.

The girl wasn't too bad but the guy was close to insufferable.. just shut the F*CK up and let people ask their questions. (the HK situation however, that was handled well so kudos for that)

And I know you're going to be reading this Taliesin, Hi
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2019-11-05 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Interestingly one of his fans recently posted death threats to his friend McConnell which resulted in the stream being muted. But you can lip read the words police from Zack’s mouth as he dealt with the guy very well. It was clear listening to the fan that he had issues and he handled it very well.
    That's good to hear. I can respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by displeased View Post
    he said "sounds good to me"
    So he didn't say "I agree with that".

Got it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    I don't mind if a host is awkward or nervous, thats fair... But their time wasting and inside jokes really irritated me. As did the whole intro of how they met or their baby.. like I'm supposed to give a flying f*ck.. "oh but they just wanted to create a comfortable atmosphere" who cares?! It's a Q&A not some group therapy session.

The girl wasn't too bad but the guy was close to insufferable.. just shut the F*CK up and let people ask their questions. (the HK situation however, that was handled well so kudos for that)

And I know you're going to be reading this Taliesin, Hi
    I don't have any problems with this criticism.

Dear @Grumar this is how someone makes a valid criticism without being toxic. Read and learn.
    Last edited by d00dles; 2019-11-05 at 01:20 AM.

They really need to moderate these things better. Ask your question, get the answer, move the fuck out the way. It's not just about you, there are people behind you. Blizzard is equally to blame for enabling it and not moderating it better.

Didnt buy Blizzcon this year, and haven't watched the replay of it yet. However just like when panser did it, people with all weekend press privileges shouldn't ask thier own questions. Unless they are clarifying a question or answer or if it's a quick follow up.
    They have scheduled interview time with the devs, the attendees dont.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs