Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are there multiple versions of the Shadowlands?

Like for the different timelines. We know that there are different timelines. And there is at least the AU Draenor and our MU Outland. And there are at least two Drakas and two Durotans. And both have passed on at this point. So does every timeline have its own Shadowlands or are all versions of Draka in Maldraxxus?

Just forget WoD happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Just forget WoD happened.
    Can't. And we know multiple timelines exist because of Nozdormu.

At the start he said its the afterlife for all the people of azeroth or something, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    At the start he said its the afterlife for all the people of azeroth or something, so...
    I think he said all worlds.

Yes worlds not timelines.

1.) You just pretended it was just Azeroth. Now you agree that it is all worlds.
    2.) If it is not there for all timelines, that would mean every timeline has its own Shadowlands, which means there are infinite Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrian Warrior View Post
    1.) You just pretended it was just Azeroth. Now you agree that it is all worlds.
    2.) If it is not there for all timelines, that would mean every timeline has its own Shadowlands, which means there are infinite Shadowlands.
    1) No I did not you assumed that.
    2) Yes there are, and so what? Makes no difference.

It's either that there are multiple Shadowlands for each timeline, or there is one infinite Shadowlands. Either one makes sense.

We actually visit the Shadowlands at the end of the Shadowmoon Burial Grounds, Edge of Reality, in Ner'zhul's fight. It was stated in the dungeon journal. This could entirely be the AU timeline's own Shadowlands, or it could be connected. It's never said.

It's similar to the "infinite Legion" lore. If an Archimonde from another timeline becomes a demon, does he join consciousness and bodies with an already existing Archimonde? Or, are there endless demonic Archimondes in the Twisting Nether?

In the end, however, they could make the Shadowlands an ever-expanding area. They could add any new areas they want, and simply say that it's a different part of this realm. They'll probably do that with patches anyway, and time travel will probably be ignored as it always is.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... to be fair, we find a WOD Draneai in the Shadowlands in the class hall questline for DKs, we find the soul of the Draneai boss of Auchidom

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Well... to be fair, we find a WOD Draneai in the Shadowlands in the class hall questline for DKs, we find the soul of the Draneai boss of Auchidom
    Is she from our universe though? Is that possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a possibility.

It wouldnt make sense if all versions of Draka existed since not all of them are dead.

This is how time travel messes things up.

Lol here we go... fucking WoD and its AU shit legacy.

They said Garrosh was in there and he died on AU Draenor so at the very least that alternate universe is connected to these Shadowlands.

I don't think so. Most alternate timelines fade quickly, so there wouldn't be much point anyway. WoD AU is only so stable because of interference from the MU.

My personal opinion is no. There are places outside the circle and this is one of them.

Been reading up onnthe last 3 expansions and I am under the impression that the events leading to WoD brought the AU Draenor into our universe when they were connected via the dark portal.

If there are multiple timelines, there has to be multiple shadowlands. Since there's potentially infinite different timelines, the shadowlands would get full instantly with infinite copies of people if there was only one for all timelines. So even if it's never addressed officially, there has to be a Shadowlands for each timeline

Alternate Draenor only exists because of powerful bronze dragon and Timeless Isle magic. All other alternate realities and timelines are just potentials and don't actually exist unless willed into being by strong magic. The past and future of the main timeline are a different matter entirely. It would make sense then for WoD Draenor to connect to the MU Shadowlands, but it doesn't necessarily mean that there are other alternate realities too.