Thread: Wwe 2k20

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Wwe 2k20

Looks like we have a strong nominee for worst game of the year

This video made my day, can't stop laughing at this and can't stop asking myself how greedy you can be to release ask money for this mountain of smoking sh*t
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

WWE games have been shit and stagnant under Yukes for a long time but hooooooooo boy. Visual Concepts took the game away from Yukes and somehow made it 100x worse lmao.

I can only guess Take Two thinks wrestling fans are morons and won't know any better/buy it anyways because how this game gets past your QA and cleared for release is hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I thought 2k19 was glitchy..

This game just looks like something you buy to experience the glitches rather than the game itself, rather like goat sim and similar

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    2:49. Holy shit. That looks like something out of a bad horror movie.

Last year's WWE 2k game was full of bugs too. I don't really get what the big deal is over this year's glitches. I was more disappointed in WWE 2k20 basically being the same as last year, having a dumb story mode and especially the downgraded graphics.

I am a pro wrestling enthusiast and do like pro wrestling games in general. But this year's WWE game was pretty lackluster despite the bugs/glitches.

If I could get that upcoming AEW game to be in the vein of Virtual Pro Wrestling that would be sensational. Also, I want a no-bullshit federation mode in these wrestling games like they do the franchise modes in Madden and NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Last year's WWE 2k game was full of bugs too. I don't really get what the big deal is over this year's glitches.
    The big deal is VC took a buggy game off Yuke's hands and made it infinitely more buggy. It also had a pretty drastic graphical downgrade from last year and even has wrestlers calling them out on twitter for their characters looking nothing like them.

They took a bad wrestling game and made it into one of the worst games ever made possibly. That's the big deal.

Oh and if AEW gets a game made we'll be lucky if it's as good a FPWW. Doubtful it will touch the n64 games. No publisher is gonna be breaking down the doors to make an AAA video game for a show that is now below 1 million viewers and keeps dropping, it's gonna be a very low budget game if it happens. You already see the effort(lack there of) 2K wants to put into WWE games, and AEW games have far less selling potential so publishers are probably passing on that pitch left and right.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-04 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The big deal is VC took a buggy game off Yuke's hands and made it infinitely more buggy. It also had a pretty drastic graphical downgrade from last year and even has wrestlers calling them out on twitter for their characters looking nothing like them.

They took a bad wrestling game and made it into one of the worst games ever made possibly. That's the big deal.
    I know the backstory concerning the development of this year's game and I do own it. It just seems minor compared to the lack of creativity. I have encountered no issues worse than last year's.

Oh and if AEW gets a game made we'll be lucky if it's as good a FPWW. Doubtful it will touch the n64 games. No publisher is gonna be breaking down the doors to make an AAA video game for a show that is now below 1 million viewers and keeps dropping, it's gonna be a very low budget game if it happens.
    The AEW game is already in development according to Khan, Omega and the Bucks. FPWW is a different type of game than the 2k ones or the old 32bit era games. That being said, FPWW is not a huge budget series and is highly regarded. So it would hardly be an insult if AEW managed a game in the style of FPW.

Also, AEW is the hottest thing in wrestling right now. Dynamite beat NXT every week in the rating and won every key demo WWE is trying to garner. There is no way a dev would pass on that kind of opportunity- I used to work for a publisher, what AEW represents was exactly what we wanted in a licensed product.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2019-11-04 at 03:56 AM.

Also, AEW is the hottest thing in wrestling right now. Dynamite beat NXT every week in the rating and won every key demo WWE is trying to garner. There is no way a dev would pass on that kind of opportunity- I used to work for a publisher, what AEW represents was exactly what we wanted in a licensed product.
    AEW is beating WWEs developmental brand by a whopping 200k viewers. Meanwhile AEW doesn't even get half of the viewers Raw or Smackdown gets. Most of the WWE roster was stuck in Saudi Arabia and Smackdown still did 2.5 million views compared to 900k for AEW this past week lol. Hell there is more paying subscribers to the WWE Network then the amount of viewers AEW gets on tv. Nice joke, if we want to talk as a product I agree AEW is good. If we're claiming it is a major brand worth investing a lot of money into a video game for lmao... hell no. Even WWE isn't worth that as evidence by Take Two's lack of give a fuck about the license.

You're going to get a very low budget game, so hopefully the gameplay is good, which is why I said it's best case scenario is FPWW because it still has good gameplay that Firepro has always had.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-04 at 04:36 AM.

AEW is beating WWEs developmental brand by a whopping 200k viewers.
    That's a big deal. NXT is what WWE positioned against AEW intently and they both are competing for the same audience. Are you actually paying attention to what is happening in the industry right now?

Most of the WWE roster was stuck in Saudi Arabia and Smackdown still did 2.5 million views compared to 900k for AEW this past week lol.
    Which is on an OTA network and was surged by the NXT talent this week. SD had been losing viewers since the premiere and it was just brought up in the q3 report. Again, are you paying attention to the business?

If we're claiming it is a major brand worth investing a lot of money into a video game for lmao... hell no.
    Alread in development and AEW is the hottest thing in the business right now. Nothing is hotter or talked about as much. WWE is still addressing it and even talked about positioning in relation to AEW in the last TWO quarterly reports.

That is definitely what a publisher wants and the fact AEW is destroying the targeted demo compared to WWE- even more so.

Even WWE isn't worth that as evidence by Take Two's lack of give a fuck about the license.
    I very much doubt this about Take Two. It is more likely the yearly schdule and working backwards from Yutes efforts caused the subpar WWE2k game we got this year.

You're going to get a very low budget game, so hopefully the gameplay is good, which is why I said it's best case scenario is FPWW because it still has good gameplay that Firepro has always had.
    The the budget of the game is largely irrelevant to my commentary above. The gameplay is the only thing I care about as pointed out in all my posts herein.I don't play FPWW because Hayabusa and Misawa are perfectly rendered and animated. The gameplay is superb.

It is also believed that Yukes will be developing the AEW game and will be partly funded by the Khan family- who are billionaires.

That's a big deal. NXT is what WWE positioned against AEW intently and they both are competing for the same audience. Are you actually paying attention to what is happening in the industry right now?
    Are you? Because NXT is a developmental brand that only die hard wrestling fans care about. Barely drawing more viewers then that does not poise AEW as anything competing with WWE. This is like if someone started up a new baseball league and bragged about getting higher ratings then AAA lol.

Which is on an OTA network and was surged by the NXT talent this week. SD had been losing viewers since the premiere and it was just brought up in the q3 report. Again, are you paying attention to the business?
    Smackdown actually just gained viewers and had it's highest rating since the premier this last week but nice try. Also Raw is still easily doing over 2 mil every episode and that is on cable TV the same as AEW, while also going up against Monday Night Football. Nice try but no cigar, AEW is not even close to competing with main brand WWE in mind share.

Also surged by NXT talent? LOL what? You mean the guys pulling in 700k viewers? Nah, this ain't it mate. They have no appeal to casuals as evidence by most NXT call ups getting crickets on the main roster. They where lucky to be near the Canadian border and have a hot crowd in Buffalo as a result that actually knew these guys.

Speaking of a show losing viewers every week, that is AEW though. They have lost 400k viewers since their debut and keep dropping. Put it this way, they aren't even doing 2009 TNA numbers right now(and that was after the brand was already starting to fade and blew its opportunity). AEW much like NXT is a show for die hard wrestling fans and the 1.5 mil of those that exist in the US are basically split between watching them with the off few casuals on each show.

Alread in development and AEW is the hottest thing in the business right now. Nothing is hotter or talked about as much. WWE is still addressing it and even talked about positioning in relation to AEW in the last TWO quarterly reports.
    Why wouldn't they talk about it?

That is definitely what a publisher wants and the fact AEW is destroying the targeted demo compared to WWE- even more so.
    Actually Raw and Smackdown gets better demo ratings then AEW sorry for the news, they are only winning the demo against... you guessed it NXT.

I very much doubt this about Take Two. It is more likely the yearly schdule and working backwards from Yutes efforts caused the subpar WWE2k game we got this year.
    Wrong, Yukes WWE games have been yearly since the PS1 days. WWE games have never been as stagnant or bad as they have gotten under Take Two. Even if you disregard all the MTX and gambling BS in NBA2k you can still see Take Two puts a hell of a lot more effort into it then WWE and it's also yearly. Don't be surprised when they abandon the license altogether like they did with both NHL2k and MLB2k many years ago.

The the budget of the game is largely irrelevant to my commentary above. The gameplay is the only thing I care about as pointed out in all my posts herein.I don't play FPWW because Hayabusa and Misawa are perfectly rendered and animated. The gameplay is superb.

It is also believed that Yukes will be developing the AEW game and will be partly funded by the Khan family- who are billionaires.
    Tony Khan is not a billionaire. His dad is a billionaire. His dad is not investing that much money into AEW- basically just a toy for his son to play with as evidence by the elite, Mox and Jericho basically being the only highly paid talent on the roster. This ain't some Ted Turner shit going down my friend.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-04 at 08:05 PM.

Are you?
    Very. Because NXT is no longer developmental. It is their 3rd brand and their most talked about brand.

Barely drawing more viewers then that does not poise AEW as anything competing with WWE.
    This is incorrect and WWE themselves have released press statements and address it on two quarterly meetings and had both their talent and upper management release statements.

Smackdown actually just gained viewers and had it's highest rating since the premier this last week but nice try.
    Yea, on the heels of the NXT SS angle. I just said that- are you looking at the wekly ratings? Because they lost viewers every week since the premiere until NXT showed up- as I just said above and was reported by Post Wrestling, PWI, WIN, WOR, RSS, WhatC, Cultoholic, Alvarez, etc.

Also Raw is still easily doing over 2 mil every episode and that is on cable TV the same as AEW, while also going up against Monday Night Football. Nice try but no cigar, AEW is not even close to competing with main brand WWE in mind share.
    Rase has lost rating with the key demo USA and Fox apid for- again, reported by multiple sources. AEW is not competing with the main brand anyway.

Also surged by NXT talent? LOL what? You mean the guys pulling in 700k viewers? Nah, this ain't it mate. They have no appeal to casuals as evidence by most NXT call ups getting crickets on the main roster. They where lucky to be near the Canadian border and have a hot crowd in Buffalo as a result that actually knew these guys.
    This isn't true at all. Even WWE said so. Did you even listen to the post-show results call-ins for last Smackdown? The place was going nuts for the NXT people. They were mega over, to "casuals".

Speaking of a show losing viewers every week, that is AEW though. They have lost 400k viewers since their debut and keep dropping. Put it this way, they aren't even doing 2009 TNA numbers right now(and that was after the brand was already starting to fade and blew its opportunity). AEW much like NXT is a show for die hard wrestling fans and the 1.5 mil of those that exist in the US are basically split between watching them with the off few casuals on each show.
    AEW isn't intent on capturing random casual fans. TNT and Cody have stated this as well. They mean to appeal to both lapsed die hards (because AEW is pretty niche) and the 18-35 demo. A demo they are beating all three WWE shows consistently.

Actually Raw and Smackdown gets better demo ratings then AEW sorry for the news, they are only winning the demo against... you guessed it NXT.
    This is not true. I have not seen a single piece of evidence or reportage from any long-standing source of such.

Wrong, Yukes WWE games have been yearly since the PS1 days.
    These were not all winners either. There is nothing to be wrong about here. That assertion is nonsense.

Look we are getting off topic. I just want wicked good wrestling games and look forward to other non-2k games.

Very. Because NXT is no longer developmental.
    I'm sorry but no NXT is very much still their Developmental brand and will need more than Triple H coming out with them on Smackdown due to a plane getting delayed in saudi arabia before that changes.

When the NTX Championship is actually defended at WM then NXT won't be Developmental anymore. Right now Vince is doing the same thing he did with WCW and ECW with NTX. Hes using it for a quick rating/cash bump.

Also 2k20 is miles worse than 2k19 and I'm happy Yuke left to make their own wrestling game.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2019-11-05 at 02:30 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I own 2k19 and didn't see any bugs. I skipped buying this year's because it looked like same game as last year. Glad I passed up on it, I'll just keep playing 2k19.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm sorry but no NXT is very much still their Developmental brand and will need more than Triple H coming out with them on Smackdown due to a plane getting delayed in saudi arabia before that changes.
    WWE have said this for months though. Long before the recent Saudi show.

When the NTX Championship is actually defended at WM then NXT won't be Developmental anymore.
    That seems like your own personal arbitrary standard. Which is contra to like everything happening right now, WWE's own statements and like every single critical assessment of the business since like Takeover: Brooklyn. The first.

Also 2k20 is miles worse than 2k19 and I'm happy Yuke left to make their own wrestling game.
    I wouldn't say "miles" but they both kinda suck. I haven't truly enjoyed one the games since the end of the Smackdown vs. Raw era, and the last of the really good 2k ones was with Punk on the cover for me.

NXT not developmental?

LMAO, call me when their weekly show isn't in a 500 seat venue and when they can manage to fill 10k+ seat arena outside of piggy backing off a Big 4 PPV. Call me when NXT Championship runs are counted in world champion totals. Call me when the Rumble winner can decide to face the NXT champion at Wrestlemania. Call me when NXT is ever able to maintain a stable roster for multiple years instead of having a constant revolving door as they constantly lose stars to the main roster.

I'm sorry you believed corporate BS talk, because obviously they're not going to market it as "developmental" when USA wanted it as a weekly show to replace their loss of Smackdown. It absolutely is developmental.

You want further proof of that? The current "invasion" story line isn't even being acknowledged on NXT shows as they build to War Games, literally like 2 separate universes with completely different story lines.

WWE have said this for months though. Long before the recent Saudi show.
    Ok and my point still stands.

Vince also said WCW and ECW wasn't going to go away and was also main brans, Where are they now? If Vince farts tomorrow it could cost NTX because that has always been how he is.

He cares about a handful of things and NTX isn't one of them.

That seems like your own personal arbitrary standard. Which is contra to like everything happening right now, WWE's own statements and like every single critical assessment of the business since like Takeover: Brooklyn. The first.
    And yet WWE changes what they say in a week more then I change underwear and this has been the case since forever.

I wouldn't say "miles" but they both kinda suck. I haven't truly enjoyed one the games since the end of the Smackdown vs. Raw era, and the last of the really good 2k ones was with Punk on the cover for me.
    I would say miles because literally everything in 2k20 is worse than 2k19. Its more buggy, It looks worse, It has less content. Its all around a worse product then both.

Its even worse than the Switch port of 2k18.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You want further proof of that? The current "invasion" story line isn't even being acknowledged on NXT shows as they build to War Games, literally like 2 separate universes with completely different story lines.

The invasion was Friday and the next NXT show is this Wednesday. Kinda hard to mention something on a show that hasn't happened yet.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    The invasion was Friday and the next NXT show is this Wednesday. Kinda hard to mention something on a show that hasn't happened yet.
    Except for the part where we already know what the show is going to be about due to the advertisements of such.

NXT literally has a PPV the day before SS they have to build to. There is not going to be much time spent on the main roster bs.

Ciampa about to have a war games match with the UE and there magical coombaiyah on Raw and Smackdown as "Team NXT"? lol you really didn't think this post through did you?

Literally completely different writers planning the shows, with timelines that have nothing to do with each other. NXT is in it's own little developmental world.

Anyways think I'ma leave this thread alone. I just can't with fairy tales making it sound like NXT is some main roster juggernaut and AEW is some hot product with casual fans when both are niche as fuck and only die hard wrestling fans give a shit about either as evidence by both being below 1 million viewers and continuously dropping since their cable debuts. It's a nice fairy tale, but even the christmas week episodes of raw and smackdown which are typically the lowest of the year destroy these brands in viewership lmao.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-11-05 at 07:25 AM.

Except for the part where we already know what the show is going to be about due to the advertisements of such.

NXT literally has a PPV the day before SS they have to build to. There is not going to be much time spent on the main roster bs.

Ciampa about to have a war games match with the UE and there magical coombaiyah on Raw and Smackdown as "Team NXT"? lol you really didn't think this post through did you?

Literally completely different writers planning the shows, with timelines that have nothing to do with each other. NXT is in it's own little developmental world.
    The irony of you asking if anyone thought a post through is hilarious. Here's some evidence to prove you wrong.

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/n...ackdown-296371

NXT invasion takes place on WWE SmackDown
    By Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Nov 1, 2019 7:58 pm
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Google+

WWE's travel delays leaving Saudi Arabia led to the build to Survivor Series picking up earlier than anticipated.

An NXT invasion storyline was the theme of tonight's SmackDown in Buffalo, New York. NXT Women's Champion Shayna Baszler, Matt Riddle, Keith Lee, Tommaso Ciampa, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Tegan Nox, NXT Champion Adam Cole, Roderick Strong, NXT Cruiserweight Champion Lio Rush, Isaiah "Swerve" Scott, Raul Mendoza, and Dakota Kai were all on the show.

An NXT Championship match headlined the episode, with Cole defending his title against Daniel Bryan. For the finish, Cole hit a superkick when Bryan was going for the running knee, then hit the Panama Sunrise and Last Shot to retain.

With the NXT wrestlers in the ring, Triple H closed the show with a promo. He sent a message to Raw and SmackDown and said that NXT had fired the first shot ahead of Survivor Series.

The other NXT appearances on the show were:

- After Bayley retained her SmackDown Women's Championship against Nikki Cross, Baszler shoved Sasha Banks into the ring post, kicked Cross out of the ring, and attacked Bayley.

- Riddle and Lee interrupted a backstage interview with Sami Zayn and laid him out in the ring.

- Ciampa defeated The Miz after interrupting him during Miz TV.

- Belair attacked Carmella and Dana Brooke backstage, then Ripley & Nox defeated Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville in a tag match.

- Strong briefly accompanied Cole during his entrance for the main event. Strong, Rush, Scott, Mendoza, and Kai joined the rest of the NXT wrestlers in the ring for Triple H's promo.

Shawn Michaels also appeared in backstage segments with Triple H. Pat McAfee joined Renee Young and Tom Phillips on commentary, replacing Aiden English during the show.

Post Wrestling's John Pollock tweeted that the NXT wrestlers arrived in Buffalo right before SmackDown started: "Was told the NXT charter didn't land until 7:55 pm and they had a police escort to get them to the building. One person I spoke with added they could not have cut it any closer to get everyone in place for the third segment when Shayna Baszler made her appearance."

WWE announced yesterday that Raw, SmackDown, and NXT would all be involved in this year's Survivor Series, with the brands going against each other in head-to-head competition. The Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois is hosting the PPV on Sunday, November 24.

NXT TakeOver: WarGames is also taking place at the Allstate Arena the night before Survivor Series. End copy paste here.

So WWE Announced it on the 31/10/2019 Which was last thursday and then flew in the nxt guys as a desperation ploy to kickstart the storyline earlier thanks to the Saudi deal. So, again. explain how they could of had this done on NXT on the 30th, when it wasn't announced until the 31st and the first in storyline promotion of that on the 1st? Time travel?
    Last edited by Doomchicken; 2019-11-05 at 09:55 AM.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Wrestling games don't do as much for me as they used to, for some reason. Same with wrestling in general. I used to play some of the older Smackdown vs Raw games. They used to not have restrictions on match types (so you could have things like inter-gender table or hardcore matches, for example), and I always thought it was hilarious to play someone like Torrie Wilson and put someone like the Big Show or Undertaker through a table. Among various other amusing things you could do. I think part of what turned me off was that at some point, the people behind the games decided things needed to be more realistic and started including "you can't have these characters against each other in that type of match" rules.

I haven't been a huge fan of wrestling in general for quite a while. I was very enthusiastic about it growing up in the 90's (when WCW was still a thing). I'd strut around doing impressions of Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, etc, when I was like 12 (I remember my sister rolling her eyes a lot and not really being amused) and always looked forward to Monday nights. But I lost interest over time, I guess.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-05 at 04:09 PM.