Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Does anyone else see this happening in 9.0 to feed him to death if asked?
    Why would she? Nathanos is loyal to her.

I wonder why people hate one of the few characters who actually has personality

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still holding out hope Nathanos betrays her eventually...I like the character to much to see him just being a lackey hangout to dry!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Yeah doesn't make sense, he's the most consistent character with personality /shrug

I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the Sylvanas+Nathanos thing..that would be silly

Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Considering Nathanos is Sylvanas' lover (clearely revealed in the loyalist quest line)... maybe in some tragic twisted way. Or self sacrifice on Nathanos' part.
    And here i thought that Anduin was her secret lover. :P
    A lover sacrifice would make sense.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

3+ Year Old Account
    He was in love with her in life and he still loves her even now. We men will do some damn stupid things for the women that we love, God knows.

I mean the constant belittling and mockery while doing WQ was consistent but hardly endearing

As long as he stays as his writer's self insert, nothing will happen to him. He might in fact continue to power up and become a demigod himself.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I mean the constant belittling and mockery while doing WQ was consistent but hardly endearing
    I actually enjoy his lines, I am so tired of always listening to the same lines "oh amazing great champion saviour of the world, bringing of big bad evil guys down please save us again". Always the same lines with just some different words, they don't even bother to actually match the words that the NPC whos giving the quest would say, that only happens with Nathanos, and to me it is nice to hear something different.

In the first expansions we were still grunts, now we are champions or whatever, every single NPC treats us like Gods, it is nice once in a while, but it gets boring after 5 expansions of that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some sensitive bitches in here if a voice bothers you that much.

I actually enjoy his lines, I am so tired of always listening to the same lines "oh amazing great champion saviour of the world, bringing of big bad evil guys down please save us again". Always the same lines with just some different words, they don't even bother to actually match the words that the NPC whos giving the quest would say, that only happens with Nathanos, and to me it is nice to hear something different.

In the first expansions we were still grunts, now we are champions or whatever, every single NPC treats us like Gods, it is nice once in a while, but it gets boring after 5 expansions of that.
    What can i say i just dont like a character whose main traits are being invovle with an elf chick and being a dick. Each to thier own

10+ Year Old Account

Thats not exactly a good reason.....
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Considering Nathanos is Sylvanas' lover (clearely revealed in the loyalist quest line)... maybe in some tragic twisted way. Or self sacrifice on Nathanos' part.
    Something tells me that he's been recently friendzoned LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    And here i thought that Anduin was her secret lover. :P
    A lover sacrifice would make sense.
    Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Anduin's secret lover was Baine. And now it seems they are going to publicly announce it
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Something tells me that he's been recently friendzoned LOL

Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Anduin's secret lover was Baine. And now it seems they are going to publicly announce it
    Oooooh! Nothing like the joy between a man and a cow! So that would mean that Anduin is a furry. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Well, purely having any personality is not enough to make someone like you.

In Nathanos case his personality is that of a groveling bootlicker to Psychoqueen Sylvanas and a dictator barking orders like a mad dog to anyone else, purely being in a position of power because of Sylvanas. People like this do not have many friends or fans. Also he has the disadvantage of being a male human in a not particularly attractive model, while his boss can at least use her cute (albeit rotting) elven body to hide her psychopathic nature (which spurns the apologists to make up all sort of ridiculous reasons why she is not an evil monster that should be put down).

There was talk that when we are sucked into the Maw not everyone would make it out. I would absolutely loooove to see Nathanos being sucked in, clinging to a ledge with the last of this strengh and Sylvanas standing over him and not helping. "You are no longer needed, my Champion, I found someone else." And stepping on his hand, so that in his last seconds Nathanos would realize that his beloved Dark Lady never cared for him at all.

Probably unlikely, but it would be so satisfying to see him betrayed.

Just gonna leave this here.

7+ Year Old Account
    100% sure, that if faced with the choice between fulfilling her goal or keeping Nathanos, she will easily choose the former.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but in the loyalist cinematic the way Sylvanas and Nathanos say goodbye to each other seemed like a final farewell, so I'm assuming he's going to get offed pretty soon (thankfully).
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

5+ Year Old Account
    It seems Nathanos and Sylvanas are treated as human beings here.

Personally I really like both characters and if I would place myself in their situation and think like a Forsaken (so far this is possible), I think both characters act exactly as they should act.

Curious how their characters continue to develop. Would dislike to see Sylvanas as a pve boss, but Nathanos could be an interesting fight

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, purely having any personality is not enough to make someone like you.

In Nathanos case his personality is that of a groveling bootlicker to Psychoqueen Sylvanas and a dictator barking orders like a mad dog to anyone else, purely being in a position of power because of Sylvanas. People like this do not have many friends or fans. Also he has the disadvantage of being a male human in a not particularly attractive model, while his boss can at least use her cute (albeit rotting) elven body to hide her psychopathic nature (which spurns the apologists to make up all sort of ridiculous reasons why she is not an evil monster that should be put down).

There was talk that when we are sucked into the Maw not everyone would make it out. I would absolutely loooove to see Nathanos being sucked in, clinging to a ledge with the last of this strengh and Sylvanas standing over him and not helping. "You are no longer needed, my Champion, I found someone else." And stepping on his hand, so that in his last seconds Nathanos would realize that his beloved Dark Lady never cared for him at all.

Probably unlikely, but it would be so satisfying to see him betrayed.
    I understand, well I actually like to watch different personalities, and having someone so distinct that doesn't treat me like a god everytime we chat feels like a breath of fresh air to me, but to each their own.

What you suggest would be 100% impossible to happen if you knew the lore, but I wonder if the current writers know it as well so you never know.