Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Xe'ra no doubt has an equally-zealous counterpart on the AU Draenor.

An expansion could possibly be built around the concept that Yrel and the Lightbound track down the fleeing Mag'har orcs to Azeroth, and decide to convert the rest of us by force as well. Some will betray Azeroth, but the vast majority will resist and fight back.

The Lightbound then retreat to AU Draenor, and we pursue them via Outland. We gather allies there and then, using some space-time mcguffin, map ourselves onto AU Draenor from Outland, taking the Lightbound somewhat by surprise.

We fight them on there turf, which by the way has drastically changed since WoD (as a nice touch, both garrisons are now smouldering ruins!! ). The final raid would be an assault on Shattrath City, which has been turned into a fortress. We get inside, slay Xe'ra the Lightmother, and that's pretty much that.

Thoughts?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

An expansion could possibly be built around the concept that Yrel and the Lightbound track down the fleeing Mag'har orcs to Azeroth, and decide to convert the rest of us by force as well. Some will betray Azeroth, but the vast majority will resist and fight back.

The Lightbound then retreat to AU Draenor, and we pursue them via Outland. We gather allies there and then, using some space-time mcguffin, map ourselves onto AU Draenor from Outland, taking the Lightbound somewhat by surprise.

We fight them on there turf, which by the way has drastically changed since WoD (as a nice touch, both garrisons are now smouldering ruins!! ). The final raid would be an assault on Shattrath City, which has been turned into a fortress. We get inside, slay Xe'ra the Lightmother, and that's pretty much that.

Thoughts?
    This could be a patch, not sure this is enough for an expansion though. 7.5/10
    yeast

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post

Thoughts?
    Sounds better than BfA and likely what we'll get out of Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaksies View Post
    This could be a patch, not sure this is enough for an expansion though. 7.5/10
    Fair enough, thanks. I had thought of tying into my concept for Murozond not being dead and royally-screwing with time so that Lei Shen rules Azeroth from the Well of Eternity (lot of changes there). I was never sure how that would work though. Murozond's time-breaking escapade could be its own expansion; this alternate Azeroth would remain intact so it'd be a lot to create.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think this is it. I think this is the thread that once and for all completely and irreversibly destroys my faith in humanity.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green. Could also be freya Eonars keeper, or illidan, but i doubt they would bring illidan in AGAIN
    True, I just like some of these prophecies have potential to point to the Alliance. Being manipulated or unwitting pawns is more interesting than goody little two shoes.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-11-05 at 05:57 AM.

Yrel : only kill those who vehemently refuses to accept the Light in their life and always offer them the choice to do so, no matter how many of her people they have slaughtered or enslaved (hello, Ogres reduces to slavery by the Mag'har!), even when they are willing to fight her -> ABSOLUTE EVIL !

Sylvanas : always used everyone around her, never has shown the ability to care for anyone but herself, condoned monstrous experiments in Undercity for years, unleashed an unjustified war on Azeroth and burned alive hundreds of thousands of innocent -> MISUNDERSTOOD HERO

Yeah, i could see Blizzard doing that. WoD must be an absolute net loss for the Alliance, after all.

And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a Sylvanas fan reciting Il'gynoth, a being of madness, said more than expansion ago.
    Coincidence? I think not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, am looking forward to capping Sylvanas at the end of the first raid tier.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Yeah, the true enemy is not the psycho who just tore the world apart, creating a portal to literal Hell, it's the goat lady who hasn't been heard of since 8.0.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    And here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a Sylvanas fan reciting Il'gynoth, a being of madness, said more than expansion ago.
    Coincidence? I think not.
    LMAO dont shit talk me if you have no clue what your talking about, this quote is from THE NEWEST PATCH. Im also not a sylvanas fan

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra View Post
    Yeah, the true enemy is not the psycho who just tore the world apart, creating a portal to literal Hell, it's the goat lady who hasn't been heard of since 8.0.
    Shadowlands is not hell, sylvanas is setting us free from our prison. Is she good? no, of course not, but shes not an evil villain trying to kill people for the sake of killing people. What she is trying to accomplish is not bad, just what shes doing is bad
    yeast

if it frees us from our prison, its not horrible, we dont know enough to say thats sylvanas is bad or good
    1. She works with one of the main Villains from the expansion.

And 2. She has the same mindset as Sargeras, and does shit similar to Gul'dan and Garrosh. Pretty sure she's evil.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    I think this is it. I think this is the thread that once and for all completely and irreversibly destroys my faith in humanity.
    Yeah, people like you who are too un-imaginative are really sad to see. Take a look at Xera, A PRIME NARRU. she is CLEARLY not good. If thats not enough to show you the light can be bad sometimes, i dont know what will. If you dont want to speculate or have some fun with creative theories/ideas, dont go to the lore section of this forum
    yeast

let's see how well this ages compared to all the other Sylvanas is just misunderstood/playing 30d chess threads.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    1. She works with one of the main Villains from the expansion.

And 2. She has the same mindset as Sargeras, and does shit similar to Gul'dan and Garrosh. Pretty sure she's evil.
    We dont know her end goal. What she might be trying to do may not be bad. Its the same with arthas, he wanted to conquer azeroth to fight the void lords
    yeast

"LMAO dont shit talk me if you have no clue what your talking about, this quote is from THE NEWEST PATCH. Im also not a sylvanas fan"

He was talking to the OP. Not you.

"Shadowlands is not hell, sylvanas is setting us free from our prison. Is she good? no, of course not, but shes not an evil villain trying to kill people for the sake of killing people. What she is trying to accomplish is not bad, just what shes doing is bad"

The Shadowlands isn't hell, you're right. It CONTAINS Heaven and Hell though. The Maw being hell. And in the Blizzcon panel, it's stated that ever since Sylvanas' bargain with the Jailer, the GOOD and INNOCENT souls have been going to the Maw. That's not a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by reploid View Post
    Xe’ra
    Yrel
    Calia Menethil
    Anduin Wrinn
    Don't forget about Turalyon. Especially his racist and sexist remarks towards lady Liadrin in Arathi.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    "LMAO dont shit talk me if you have no clue what your talking about, this quote is from THE NEWEST PATCH. Im also not a sylvanas fan"

He was talking to the OP. Not you.

"Shadowlands is not hell, sylvanas is setting us free from our prison. Is she good? no, of course not, but shes not an evil villain trying to kill people for the sake of killing people. What she is trying to accomplish is not bad, just what shes doing is bad"

The Shadowlands isn't hell, you're right. It CONTAINS Heaven and Hell though. The Maw being hell. And in the Blizzcon panel, it's stated that ever since Sylvanas' bargain with the Jailer, the GOOD and INNOCENT souls have been going to the Maw. That's not a good thing.
    Again, i think sylvanas is a villain, BUT she is not an evil person who wants to watch the world burn per say. She has an end goal which may not be horrible, but what she is doing is really bad. I thought the guy was talking to me because i mentioned il'gynoth, i didnt think op mentioned him

EDIT: OP does talk about il'gynoth, my mistake @Zmagoslav
    yeast

LMAO dont shit talk me if you have no clue what your talking about, this quote is from THE NEWEST PATCH. Im also not a sylvanas fan

- - - Updated - - -

Shadowlands is not hell, sylvanas is setting us free from our prison. Is she good? no, of course not, but shes not an evil villain trying to kill people for the sake of killing people. What she is trying to accomplish is not bad, just what shes doing is bad
    That portal literally leads to the worst imaginable Hell, where the most twisted of souls are imprisoned, and you can see that very same hell from Azeroth. She is an evil villain who is doing evil things to accomplish an evil goal.

Yes, she is setting everyone free... by killing them so that their souls go to that Hell from which nobody escapes, regardless of their attitude in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Really?

I feel like a couple other threads here on MMO-C would have done that by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.