15+ Year Old Account
    Please god I hope it's not a eureka clone. I couldn't stand that it was so boring. Certainly didn't help that I got there when nobody was doing it so I had to go solo. 45 seconds to kill ONE mob was just way too tedious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, if they do the Eureka BS again and tie the relic into it, it'll be the second time I won't bother with it.

I enjoyed Eureka. It wasn't perfect, though it improved significantly over time. As a base to be improved upon further I think it'd work very well for future content. It also saw a significant portion of the community engaging with it, so the development team no doubt see it as a success as well.

I'm definitely eager to see something with 'meat' to it, though. I didn't hate 5.1 but it suffers in the same way as 4.1 and 3.1 did - almost all of the content added can be done within a day or two. There's still some more content to come after a month, though so maybe that will last a bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I enjoyed Eureka. It wasn't perfect, though it improved significantly over time. As a base to be improved upon further I think it'd work very well for future content. It also saw a significant portion of the community engaging with it, so the development team no doubt see it as a success as well.

I'm definitely eager to see something with 'meat' to it, though. I didn't hate 5.1 but it suffers in the same way as 4.1 and 3.1 did - almost all of the content added can be done within a day or two. There's still some more content to come after a month, though so maybe that will last a bit longer.
    Firmament will probably be awhile to lvl up and progress since it will most likely have a server cap. and the Ultimates will be a fun stream to watch. There is also the Blu mage stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    I never played FFT or FFXII, and I thought the Ivalice raids had a complete story. It was obviously a reference to another game, so I may not have gotten the subtler details, but the basic story came across fine.
    PM me your address. I'm shipping my PS2 and FFT to you. You're welcome in advance for changing your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it sucked for a lot of us. It was one of the most divisive forms of content the game has ever seen. Doubling down on it isn't the right way to go, nor is streamlining it (note that streamlining and improving are subtly different in this example).

Improving Eureka would be adding depth. Streamlining it is what they did throughout SB. Making it so that it's not just some mindless low skilled grind, offers content to various player types, and is scaleable would be an improvement.

I say this with near absolute certainty. If the relic wasn't tied to it; it would have been universally reviled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I say this with near absolute certainty. If the relic wasn't tied to it; it would have been universally reviled.
    Pretty much and I know multiple relic aficionados that have like .. all ARR ones and they failed to complete SB even once because Eureka burned them out fast.

PM me your address. I'm shipping my PS2 and FFT to you. You're welcome in advance for changing your life.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but it sucked for a lot of us. It was one of the most divisive forms of content the game has ever seen. Doubling down on it isn't the right way to go, nor is streamlining it (note that streamlining and improving are subtly different in this example).

Improving Eureka would be adding depth. Streamlining it is what they did throughout SB. Making it so that it's not just some mindless low skilled grind, offers content to various player types, and is scaleable would be an improvement.

Oh I fully agree that if it weren't for the relic Eureka would have failed just as hard as Diadem did. They did the ol' Blizzard move of adding something people want to something that's mediocre (like the higher ilvl gear at the start of BFA in Warfronts) to make it be used.

A part of me wants to hope that the Eureka 2.0 will be better but at the same time I'm wary as Square doesn't tend to alter systems much such as how HoH was more or less Asian PotD.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2019-11-04 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Pretty much and I know multiple relic aficionados that have like .. all ARR ones and they failed to complete SB even once because Eureka burned them out fast.
    i have 3 ARR relics and did 12 of the eureka ones...

the game desperately needs more content that can't be done in 1 week. eureka filled the void nicely without being yet another "queue instance and grind tomes".

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post

the game desperately needs more content that can't be done in 1 week. eureka filled the void nicely without being yet another "queue instance and grind tomes".
    Instead it was "queue this specific instance to grind crystals/light because it's the only instance you can accrue them from".

Owner of 5 ARR relics (post nerf since I only started right before HW) and all anima weapons (8/13 of them during HW). I'd much rather have Anima 2: Tomestone Bugaloo than fall asleep at the keyboard in another Diareka.

- - - Updated - - -

100% this, no question. Having BA tied to it at the end may have moved some people, but I doubt most would've stuck through it to the end for the cluster that was getting into a BA run.

I have a love-hate relationship with Eureka. On one hand, it was one of the few "massively multiplayer" experiences in FFXIV beyond the random crossover fates. On the other hand, the devs were pretty much satanic about level design, and gave 0 fucks about things that were sort of broken (i.e. faerie waking up dragons that you're RP walking past).

Yup, if they do the Eureka BS again and tie the relic into it, it'll be the second time I won't bother with it.
    Ditto. I got nearly every relic in ARR and HW but didn't finish stage 1 of even my main in SB. I did Kefka for a few weeks and that lasted me the entire rest of the expansion. I would honestly take the books back. Hell even the fate grind if i wasn't mostly done with the shared fate mechanic.

What's the best way to farm venture tokens?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest: from a game I pay for I expect more than "Here is a map full of trashmobs, go grind them". Every free to play asia grinder can do that.

I don't mind things taking long. I certainly never did a step of the older relics in a week. But I expect the actual gameplay to be somewhat involving and fun. Not battling carpal tunnel syndrome and trying to stay awake.

To be honest: from a game I pay for I expect more than "Here is a map full of trashmobs, go grind them". Every free to play asia grinder can do that.

I don't mind things taking long. I certainly never did a step of the older relics in a week. But I expect the actual gameplay to be somewhat involving and fun. Not battling carpal tunnel syndrome and trying to stay awake.
    I got the relic weapon on 2 jobs. Dragoon/Monk. Only to 70/60lvl versions. I do them for glamour only. I'm a glamour hoe, so tend to use up a ton of them for gear.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't completed a single relic weapon to date, honestly. I was super into the paladin (Up to the Nexus stage at most) one up until the crystal braves books. I got past that to the materia part, ran out of gil to buy them and just quit. I spend far too much timing this game on solo activities. At which point I have to wonder if my time and money are better spent on actual single player games instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Grand company seals

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the relic weapon on 2 jobs. Dragoon/Monk. Only to 70/60lvl versions. I do them for glamour only. I'm a glamour hoe, so tend to use up a ton of them for gear.
    You should see Ifalnas "wardrobe"... poor retainer.

What I was doing before this current xpac to farm them was doing undersized party, queing for "The Vault". Each run would take under 10 mins even before the xpac and I was netting 20-50 ventures a run. You just turn all the greens into your grand company.

Whenever you do dungeons, roll greed on all gear. Turn in the gear you win for Grand Company seals. Buy ventures with seals when you're near the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Grand company seals
    I wish you could buy them with Poetics as I honestly have nothing to spend them on. I have no interest in the old relics and nothing else sells for enough to bother with though I guess I can go and get Seals indirectly by just buying the old gear and turning them in.