Poll: Which expansion will you level through first?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    why are people still repeating the same falacy? They never said you will choose a single expansion to level from 10-50, that literally makes 0 sense, or else you would pick expacs like MoP or Cata that were made to be done in 5levels. And how would that even work? Are you guys seriously thinking you're getting 40 levels in zones that were made to get only 5 levels? Meaning you'll get a new level every 2 quests? That doesn't make any sense, specially considering how Ion literally said on the first pannel that they want leveling to be meaningful and not something you get so fast you instantly loose interest in it.

What will happen is that you will be able to go straight to MoP at lvl 10, and probably be done all the zones around lvl 20. Then you move to , say, BfA until 30, etc etc etc

Because of this deep dive panel that specifically said that
    Last edited by Slath; 2019-11-05 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Added img instead of url

why are people still repeating the same falacy? They never said you will choose a single expansion to level from 10-50, that literally makes 0 sense, or else you would pick expacs like MoP or Cata that were made to be done in 5levels. And how would that even work? Are you guys seriously thinking you're getting 40 levels in zones that were made to get only 5 levels? Meaning you'll get a new level every 2 quests? That doesn't make any sense, specially considering how Ion literally said on the first pannel that they want leveling to be meaningful and not something you get so fast you instantly loose interest in it.

What will happen is that you will be able to go straight to MoP at lvl 10, and probably be done all the zones around lvl 20. Then you move to , say, BfA until 30, etc etc etc
    It's because Ion specifically said that. Did you watch blizzcon? Or read the recap?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I really, really doubt they'll keep treasures/bonus objectives XP as it is now. I think they rather want you go through Legion/WoD story. And there isn't much a choice when one path is 5x faster than others.

Personally, I think BfA is safe choice for quick leveling. It's designed for new players, that:
    - don't use XP pots
    - don't look for quests in every corner, just go where story leads them
    - probably many of them won't use War Mode
    - don't have heirlooms

My guess is that if you finish story for all 3 zones without any bonuses or War Mode, you should ding 50. So experienced player could easily get 50 by maxing out 2 zones.

I don't know what it will be for other expacs, but it could get REALLY buggy for long time. For sure geting BfA XP right will be their #1 priority.
    I wanr to pitch you an alternate way of thinking about this.

Considering Blizzards supposed focus on player agency, I wonder if they might leave WoD as the fastest expansion and let people who want speed to have speed. Meanwhile leaving everyone else the freedom to level wherever they want in whatever way they want.

Given all the options for allied races and heritage armor such to promote starting new characters, it seems like giving players more options for leveling would be an overall benefit to the game despite appearing on the surface to cut absolute time /played.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Say what you will about WoD, but it had one of the most fun leveling experiences yet.
    WoD was pretty damn awesome, until the lack of end game content. Ashran was cool tho.

The zones, music, and stories was just amazing tbh. Feels very warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Also, I like how there's already 62 votes and no one has picked KT or Zandalar. Yet that's where they're sending the poor new players to.
    As others have pointed out, thats because we've just done that. I really like leveling in those zones, but since I've just run my 4th char through Kul Tiras, I look for some variety in the future. Will definitely consider it for a far-future alt.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    For raw absolute nolife one-sitting speed....it will be WoD. Between treasures, bonus areas, and the garrison exp potion, nothing else can compete.

If you just want to log in once or twice a day, Legion invasions will be the go-to expansion.

Everything else is pure personal preference if you don't care about speed and just want to relive an older expansion.
    I think that was mentioned in a QA and I think hey said there gonna be scaling back on how fast you can blow through wod to make it in line with the speed of the other expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Whichever is fastest, so probably Warlords of Draenor.

Also, I like how there's already 62 votes and no one has picked KT or Zandalar. Yet that's where they're sending the poor new players to.
    You can't blame us. KT and Zandalar are objectively the laziest zones with the weakest questlines ever made.

OT: WoD or MoP

Very happy to see that majority of people are on my team I love all of World of Warcraft, all of the expansions, but aesthetic-wise Mists of Pandaria is my number one favourite. Plus, it will be just perfect for when they release the new character customization options and I make that Asian male human monk!

10+ Year Old Account
    wod most likely

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata, those zones are just a breeze with the questing.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am the man of culture. So TBC. Love all zones visually except Shadowmoon Valley. Also nostalgic vibe. Also music. Questing is also easy with "get 20 quests and do them in circle" mechanic. Im also not a fan of modern questing.
    Maybe will do some WotLK later.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    So many braindamaged voting pandas... disgusting.
    MoP questing was the worst even with flying, I was glad that they made it optional patches ago. But yeah when the pre-patch hits, WoD content/invasions will be the most optimal route.

Pretty simple. BfA when they do the scourge invasions during pre patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    WoD. Even though I fully expect it to be nerfed. The questlines there are pretty good as I recall, so I want to do them again.

I'm thinking I'll hold off on a Kul'Tiran now and just do Kul'Tiras. Doing all of WoD Draenor with a Mag'har would be interesting. I think Wrath suits being a Paladin / DK really well. Orcs and Draenei for TBC. Playing a Druid or Shaman for Cataclysm since they're trying to fix the world.

That said, the order hall campaigns are all pretty good from a story and lore perspective... so I'm eager to see if I could start one at 10 and actually finish out the order hall questline completely. It'd be nice if they could open Suramar to the minimum level as well.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's still worth skipping the tutorial and getting to the actual game imo.
    No. /10char

They never said you will choose a single expansion to level from 10-50
    But they did. Multiple times. Maybe you should go back and rewatch/reread the WoW panels.

I’m surprised at how few people said Shattered old world. It’s the Cata leveling design but with the most options on where to go. You get tired of forest go to desert, tired of desert —> mountains—> jungle etc. just my two cents

10+ Year Old Account
    I will likely be switching between WotLK and WoD. Depending on the character levelled, I suppose.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Depends on what I am playing, tbh.

If I am playing a Monk or Pandaren, it would be Mists.
    If I am playing a Death Knight, it would be Wrath.
    If I am playing a Demon Hunter, it would be Legion.
    Orc or Draenei would be either BC or Warlords.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code