Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    This made me chuckle but whats the deal with vapors? What do they talk about, i am not sure.
    From what I've gathered vapers like to tell you that they vape.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    cut your numbers in a half and it should fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    This is the classic forums, what do you expect? And why the fuck are you here being annoyed?
    But it doesn't stay here. That's the point. Of course this isn't exclusive to wow.

If the fanboys and haters would remain in their respective circles, we'd all have nicer fandoms. But they don't. Both have been developed into their own industries. Assholes make a living from telling you how great/shit whatever is these days. And people mimic their behavior. And both sides are equally stupid, the people telling you that there is no audience for classic are the same level of stupid as the OP who blatantly lies to hype up the greatly overestimated but still solid reception that Classic has.

All of them are the same type of person, btw. Attention whores.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why do you still lie about something that is easily disproven? You been repeatedly corrected.

its toffmcsoft, Classic is the hill he will die on, he will troll anyone who even slightly disparages the sacred name of classic. It doesn't matter that Blizzard literally worded it to the point that it meant active retail and new players all toured it....nope it absolutely has to mean that classic brought millions. Read his post history sometime, its is an hilarious rant of an obsessed mind. You can't convince him otherwise, despite any hard evidence you throw at him.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    its toffmcsoft, Classic is the hill he will die on, he will troll anyone who even slightly disparages the sacred name of classic. It doesn't matter that Blizzard literally worded it to the point that it meant active retail and new players all toured it....nope it absolutely has to mean that classic brought millions. Read his post history sometime, its is an hilarious rant of an obsessed mind. You can't convince him otherwise, despite any hard evidence you throw at him.
    Not to take anyone’s side, but we know that it brought millions back both from Blizz and independent researchers who work for stock market people

We know from the shareholder talks and leaks that wow classic tripled, he’s tripled, WoW retails sub count when it dropped

Whether it still has that is anyone’s guess but we do know it dwarfed retail at launch month and brought in 3x the subs

Millions have come to try it maybe, but most have already left and there's like 100k players in Classic overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Not to take anyone’s side, but we know that it brought millions back both from Blizz and independent researchers who work for stock market people

We know from the shareholder talks and leaks that wow classic tripled, he’s tripled, WoW retails sub count when it dropped

Whether it still has that is anyone’s guess but we do know it dwarfed retail at launch month and brought in 3x the subs
    And that may be well and so, and i do not argue that point, but the thing is, he believes it still HAS that much. I find that very doubtful considering layering has been all but removed across the board, and content was consumed much faster that i think blizz probably anticipated.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

id agree to this

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Played for nearly 15 years and im drawn back to classic like a moth to a lamp.

No Balance, but also no changes or Buffs / Nerfs depending on how loud some classes whine. No "powerlevel?" or some related shit like that when you want to play a dungeon. A clear situation on where the classes stand, what they can and cannot do and a much more relaxed community to begin with.
    ^This

EU still has 7/10 servers layered. We still have queues. On the weekends you can find mc grps every 1-2 hours, and those are just the PUGs.
    I don't care much if there are millions of classic players. What I care about is, if there are enough. And yes, there are definitaly more than enough players to even enjoy things that were inaccessible to most in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Its definitely fizzled out a bit. Them launching Dire Maul early was not a good sign.
    Not a good sign? They reacted perfectly, IMO, so many were frustrated just because of the fact that lvl 45 water was the highest to obtain (not counting argent dawn water) and dungeons were a chore with constant drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    And that may be well and so, and i do not argue that point, but the thing is, he believes it still HAS that much. I find that very doubtful considering layering has been all but removed across the board, and content was consumed much faster that i think blizz probably anticipated.
    It had 3x the subs of retail so even if it lost 50% of them, they still would have more

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Why do people resort to tribal "us vs them" instantly? We're playing the same game. I see lots of Classic people saying "Classic is the new retail" on retail boards too. It's childish and annoying to read, be happy everyone is funneling money into Blizzard so they can continue create games.
    This.

That's why I'm annoyed. It's the "us vs them" shit that annoys me. Classic and Retail are fine. Whichever you prefer is your prerogative. But posting about how one or the other is "so much better" and those who play the other are "wrong" gets obnoxious.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Millions have come to try it maybe, but most have already left and there's like 100k players in Classic overall.
    lol, no. There have been much more active servers in classic than retail since classics release. And I don't think retail is down to 100k players.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Let's see those numbers without the requirement of you bending over.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoW classic has already burned down to the people who would of played it anyway, the lack of layering proves that many have already went back to retail.
    there is not even that amount subbed to WoW in general let alone just classic, and the servers for classic cant support that many players, all the servers now dont have more than 1 layer now, maybe US can support 1 million and EU can do the same.
    Wtf ? Mograine eu still has layers i use them every day to farm thorium or avoid highly contested zones. Dont talk bullshit thanks. The server is hardly playable as it is if we didnt have the layers it would be a shitshow. Our server isnt ready to be delayered at all.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2019-11-05 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    We can't, but Blizzard can, they know who is playing what... If they say classic has millions of players, it means classic has millions of players.
    I just love how people tend to treat Blizzard's words: if what Blizzard says perfectly align with what they want, then Blizzard is speaking plainly how it is. But if what Blizzard says goes against what they want, then you have "read past the corporate BS speak".

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Wtf ? Mograine eu still has layers i use them every day to farm thorium or avoid highly contested zones. Dont talk bullshit thanks. The server is hardly playable as it is if we didnt have the layers it would be a shitshow. Our server isnt ready to be delayered at all.
    most servers are down to 1 layer as blizzard have stated so its not bullshit, each layer is most likely 3000 since thats what classic was designed for and too many players in one area would cause problems, long term classic is unable to hold the interest of many players and it wont be long before they have to offer free transfers.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It had 3x the subs of retail so even if it lost 50% of them, they still would have more
    There are no offical numbers about WoW subscriptions for *years*. Anything you see is guesswork, overexaggeration or just plain lies in order to prove that Retail is dead (for That One Reason X). "Millions have checked out pre-Cataclysm WoW" is closest we got to official "data", but even that does not mean much and can be interpreted in different ways.

So no, you have no idea if it had "3x the subs of retail".

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    There are no offical numbers about WoW subscriptions for *years*. Anything you see is guesswork, overexaggeration or just plain lies in order to prove that Retail is dead (for That One Reason X). "Millions have checked out pre-Cataclysm WoW" is closest we got to official "data", but even that does not mean much and can be interpreted in different ways.

So no, you have no idea if it had "3x the subs of retail".
    we do though, because through shareholder talks, leaks, and other sources we know that Blizz had it at 280% but the real number was over 3x (300%)

they don't ever come out and mention the exact sub numbers, not since WoD, we can get a fairly accurate picture through shareholder and quarterly reports.

They themselves were bragging to shareholders like myself, that they tripled wow subs for wow classic. They themselves admitted this.

I'm not doom and glooming retail or using it to crap on retail, just pointing out facts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    Its strange how many people on MMO Champ HATE WoW Classic......its sad.
    It's the ones that had their guilds torn apart by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But it doesn't stay here. That's the point. Of course this isn't exclusive to wow.

If the fanboys and haters would remain in their respective circles, we'd all have nicer fandoms. But they don't. Both have been developed into their own industries. Assholes make a living from telling you how great/shit whatever is these days. And people mimic their behavior. And both sides are equally stupid, the people telling you that there is no audience for classic are the same level of stupid as the OP who blatantly lies to hype up the greatly overestimated but still solid reception that Classic has.

All of them are the same type of person, btw. Attention whores.
    If you want an anti-retail echo chamber there's already r/ClassicWoW. I prefer participating in discussions where I know my voice has an opporunity to be considered instead of being marginalised by a hivemind mentality that ignores any and all criticism.