Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    That one is easy to answer. He will depart the WH on January 20, 2025 aboard Marine One and will be taken to Andrews AFB where he will then be flown to Mar-a-lago aboard Air Force One.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not. And you think that's the end of it all? Let me let you in on a little secret. If Trump resigned tomorrow it wouldn't end either.

Because Trump isn't the problem. He's symptomatic. The people who still support him, even in the face of even his flagrant violation of the constitution in his Ukraine actions... they are the problem.

We're going to go after them forever. Because there will be accountability for the age of Trump. For both him, and how he got there. Steve Bannon is fundamental right to a degree. We are, in part, targeting Trump supporters through Trump. By demolishing his Presidency, we're rendering their unacceptable political decision - to elect a corrupt ethnonationalist patsy of Vladimir Putin - functionally moot.

We'll start with the budget. I don't quite understand why I, a Massachusetts taxpayer, need to subsidize flooding along the Mississippi and Ohio river. We'll be taking a look at things like that. Massachusetts doesn't get anything in the way of federal assistance to deal with our harsh winters. We pay for it ourselves.

And those burnt out post-industrial communities and coal towns? It would be a shame if federal aid for everything from infrastructure to fighting the opioid epidemic saw cuts. After all, parts of massachusetts have an opioid problem. I think they need more money...

You get the picture. There shall be a rebalancing of power, between the payers and the moochers.

But that's in the future. For now, we have months of torture to inflict.

There will be no coming together. There will be no unity. There will be no forgiveness. Demographics is destiny. And we are outlasting you.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-11-05 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julez View Post
    That one is easy to answer. He will depart the WH on January 20, 2025 aboard Marine One and will be taken to Andrews AFB where he will then be flown to Mar-a-lago aboard Air Force One.
    Air Force One is always whatever the sitting president flies on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Air Force One is always whatever the sitting president flies on.
    One of the more fun earlier moments of Trumpsanity was his idea to turn the upcoming B-21 Raider Stealth Bomber into the new VC-25B (Air Force One).

https://foxtrotalpha.jalopnik.com/ca...bec-1792408653
    Yes this is a 100% real thing.

Which in retrospect would be perfect for Trump. After all, if he flies around on a Stealth Aircraft, the American people, who largely hate him, wouldn't know he's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Shit. On one hand that would have made painting Trump as super villain so much easier. On the other hand, there are very few things about Trump that qualify him as "super".
    You know I mentioned this a long long time ago, but... check this out...

Look familiar?

DC Comics based it on Trump's bad book (this was many, many years ago).

In an eerie parallel, Lex Luthor ran for President in 2000... and won!

At first he played it straight... mostly to troll Superman. But in time it ended exactly as you'd expect it to.

In fact it gets even stranger. Historically Lex Luthor was a mad scientist. A rogue intellect of sorts. He was written this way through Crisis of the Infinite Earths in the mid-1980s. After Crisis, DC wrote a Miniseries called "The Man of Steel" which reinvented and updated Superman, cutting away 50 years of continuity. It made major changes. It depowered him substantially (to make him easier to write). It cut the crazier "silver age" superpowers. It put him back at the Daily Planet and not a Television news host. It cut out his time as Superboy. It revived his parents. Most of what you think of "as Superman" comes from Man of Steel.

And one of those reinventions was of Lex Luthor, as a 1980s corporate tycoon. He still did the mad science bit, but in private. Publicly, he was the most beloved man in Metropolis... he owned the city in a sense and was its 'man of steel', until Superman came along and stole the city's affections. The racism of Superman as an 'alien' came into play later. We take for granted of Luthor as a businessman now. But back in the 1980s, it was a groundbreaking reinvention of what had been a damaged character.

And who was this Lex Luthor revamp explicitly based on? Mid-1980s Donald Trump.

Weird huh?

One of the things that the Trump era has made manifest to me is that a life-time of dismissing the fear and hatred written about mutants in X-Men as something that is unrealistic in modern America was absolutely wrong. The things Trump and his supporters have said about Mexicans and Central Americans, immigrants and muslims are in some case verbatim the same exact kinds of prejudice written in those comics that looked in the 1990s and 2000s to be a little bit quixotic in mutants still being written as hated.

The wall, Trump's Concentration camps, the agendas of the evil men he surrounds himself with, and the rationalizing his supporters engage in have all convinced me that what was written about mutants wasn't just antiquated, but rather ahead of the curve. What is one of the rationalizations used by Trumps supporters? That immigrants and minorities are replacing them. Demographically. Economically. In the Marvel Universe, one of the major sources of fear for mutants is that Homo superior will replace Homo sapiens genetically and that baseline humans will be obsolete. Basically the same "losing your country" argument with a comics-friendly twist.

When Trump talks about Mexico sending us their "Rapists and Murderers", he might as well be talking about all Mutants being Sabertooth and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2019-11-05 at 11:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

This and demanding the execution of exonerated black men (Central Park 5) and refusing to sell to black people, and the border wall, and the hints at a desired muslim registry and the muslim ban, and the kids locked in cages and family separation, and his comments about Mexicans bringing their "rapists" and "fine people" on "both sides" (one size involving actual Nazis)

But conservatives tell me there's no evidence Trump's racist, so who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Trump muses about serving 21 more years as president

It's not a joke when you repeatedly say it, Trump....

Aren't their "Read The Transcript" shirts cute, though?
    Still waiting on an actual transcript.
    As AOC said on Twitter:

"We did. That's why there's an impeachment."
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Shit. On one hand that would have made painting Trump as super villain so much easier. On the other hand, there are very few things about Trump that qualify him as "super".
    That's not true.

He's super dumb,
    Super corrupt,
    Super guilty,
    And super being impeached!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how's things with North Korea?

"The State Department blacklisted them as a terrorist state and they found out about it and are not happy."

But...that happened in 2017.

"Yes, but they're still upset about it and mentioning it in terms of recent context."

This is an insult to and perfidy against a dialogue partner. The channel of the dialogue between (North Korea) and the U.S. is more and more narrowing.
    "Basically it sounds like NK is asking for another concession, namely to be removed from that list, in exchange for even pretending to humor Trump."

I honestly do think that the resident in the White House is an experiment just to see how corrupt the voting base allows this administration (and him) to be. And it's downright scary watching sitting members of Congress willingly participate in this mess. I thought their job is not to protect the President of the United States, but the Constitution and I wish someone would constantly remind them by throwing that fact in their face.

What a shitshow this really is.
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omerome View Post
    I honestly do think that the resident in the White House is an experiment just to see how corrupt the voting base allows this administration (and him) to be. And it's downright scary watching sitting members of Congress willingly participate in this mess. I thought their job is not to protect the President of the United States, but the Constitution and I wish someone would constantly remind them by throwing that fact in their face.

What a shitshow this really is.
    Like I’ve said, it’s why removing trump is the single most important factor for America and honestly, the world, moving forwards.

The republican congressmen aren’t so much actively championing trump as they are working to save their own skins. They don’t give two damns about trump; what they care about is a republican president and a cohesive Republican Party to try and appear strong and viable to the American people to remain relevant despite their crumbling political party.

In essence, the republican party’s racecar has a flat tire, so they hitched it to the brain-damaged mule that is Donald trump in an attempt to keep in the race. They have no love for the mule, and they’re honestly better served getting out and changing the tire. But Mitch McConnell can’t bend over so far anymore these days, and graham doesn’t want to get his frilly lace gloves dirty.

No amount of pointing out republican hypocrisy or trump’s idiocy will even phase the usual suspects on this board. The only thing that will send them back to their bridges is political action; that being making Donald trump a one term president.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    And who was this Lex Luthor revamp explicitly based on? Mid-1980s Donald Trump.
    I find that hard to believe. Luthor was always competent and sharp, to the point of needing a handful of simultaneous chess games to slow his mind sufficiently to work on some invention in Red Son.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The wall, Trump's Concentration camps, the agendas of the evil men he surrounds himself with, and the rationalizing his supporters engage in have all convinced me that what was written about mutants wasn't just antiquated, but rather ahead of the curve.
    The Sentinel arc was also written in the Reagan era, I think - a formative era for many of today's GOP actors and their careers.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2019-11-05 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I MUST CHANGE THE SUBJEEEEECT!!!"
    Okay.

President Rouhani said Iran will resume uranium enrichment at Fordow nuclear plant

Yep, that's Iran state media flat-out announcing they're just going to start making nukes again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Okay.

President Rouhani said Iran will resume uranium enrichment at Fordow nuclear plant

Yep, that's Iran state media flat-out announcing they're just going to start making nukes again.
    Huh.

If only there was some sort of deal made in the past few years that incentive Iran to not enrich uranium for nuclear weapons . . .
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised he hasn't made comment on this yet.
    I've been saying for a while now, Trump wants a war, such as with Iran, to salvage his tenure. While this wasn't happening and people like @Skroe disagreed, I am still mostly on board with it.

Trump is desperate for a way to distract from his own impeachment, and even things like "October's job report wasn't as bad as people expected" aren't making a dent in his abysmal performance.

Iran making nukes sounds like the very excuse he could use -- even if he did 100% cause this mess in the first place. Or, he could just declare war on Mexico.

Trump said Tuesday the U.S. is ready to "wage war" on the drug cartels and "wipe them off the face of the earth" after at least 10 members of a prominent Mormon family were killed in an ambush attack near U.S.-Mexico border.

In a series of tweets, Trump said the U.S. was willing to aid Mexico in "cleaning out these monsters" and that "sometimes you need an army to defeat an army."

"We merely await a call from your great new president!" he said.

At his daily morning press conference on Tuesday, López Obrador, who was inaugurated last December, declined the offer, saying, "it's not in agreement with our convictions. The worst thing is war."

López Obrador has faced fierce internal criticism for his decision to release Ovidio Guzmán, the son of drug kingpin Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán, after cartel gunmen besieged the northern city of Culiacán, killing 13 people, on Oct. 17.

Trump's offer to wage war against the cartels using U.S. forces in Mexico touches a third rail of Mexican politics, given the history of U.S. intervention in the country.

And it runs afoul of López Obrador's campaign pledge to end the long-running drug war, which he blames on former President Felipe Calderón, his political nemesis.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If he starts all out war with the cartels it could get very bloody along the southern border.
    Just what I want, get shot by local trump supporters for not looking like them.

What a wonderful time to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If he starts all out war with the cartels it could get very bloody along the southern border.
    It's okay, I'm pretty sure the cartels have neither young children to climb the Wall nor $100 for a saw to cut it.

SARCASM

In all seriousness, it sounds a lot like Trump wants to have the military fucking invade Mexico. I'd love to hear the defense for that, considering we have, you know, law enforcement agents and stuff.

The is the good ole "I hear you White Supremacist" signal.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

It's okay, I'm pretty sure the cartels have neither young children to climb the Wall nor $100 for a saw to cut it.

SARCASM

In all seriousness, it sounds a lot like Trump wants to have the military fucking invade Mexico. I'd love to hear the defense for that, considering we have, you know, law enforcement agents and stuff.
    Well, in all fairness, all political implications aside, if the US military would start picking off the drug cartel I wouldn't object to that. Problem is all the innocents that would come to harm in the process.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've been saying for a while now, Trump wants a war, such as with Iran, to salvage his tenure. While this wasn't happening and people like @Skroe disagreed, I am still mostly on board with it.

Trump is desperate for a way to distract from his own impeachment, and even things like "October's job report wasn't as bad as people expected" aren't making a dent in his abysmal performance.

Iran making nukes sounds like the very excuse he could use -- even if he did 100% cause this mess in the first place. Or, he could just declare war on Mexico.
    Guess those people shouldn't have done business with the Cartel. Hopefully Obrador loudly rejects Trump and his offer.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised he hasn't made comment on this yet. Though, I would 100% expect he knows how it'll go for him if he does.
    They probably ran out of crayons for the briefing documents so Trump doesn't know yet.

I do hope the US does indeed help in wiping the cartels from this planet or at least make their little pathetic lives a living hell, groups like isis seems like pussies in comparison when it comes to violence and brutality.
    Do you hear the voices too?