Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Who would win? Arthas or Sylvannas? Both Buffed to best potential (as we know).

Title says it all.

Everyone kept saying LK shouldn't have lost but then Sylvannas has a more unique power of death. So what if we change the matchup? Sylvannas (as strong in cinematic) vs Arthas (lich king version and strongest version so in ICC 25H non80).

Thanks for answering. c:

PS If mods can add a poll. Please feel free to do so as I cannot add them, I forgot.

5+ Year Old Account
    at least add Pool to vote for.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Sylvanas because the writers are determined to give her anime power levels

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Title says it all.

Everyone kept saying LK shouldn't have lost but then Sylvannas has a more unique power of death. So what if we change the matchup? Sylvannas (as strong in cinematic) vs Arthas (lich king version and strongest version so in ICC 25H non80).

Thanks for answering. c:

PS If mods can add a poll. Please feel free to do so as I cannot add them, I forgot.
    Sylvannas post-op

We didn't see Sylvanas highest potential yet. I'd say her, but it really depends... It's LK with Frostmourne and big army? It's said that the more undead LK control the stronger he gets.

The real answer:
    Whoever blizzard wants to win.
    I think that we've already learn that they can do whatever they want, they can give everyone random power-ups, change canon, do some retcons etc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lich King Arthas probably. But who knows, these days Sylvanas is apparently a goddess.

Arthas>>>>>>>>Bolvar
    I don't think Sylvanas would beat Arthas. I think she'd show even more power in that fight, but Arthas as LK was way more powerful than Bolvar. It took a Deus ex to defeat him.

Bolvar is far stronger than Arthas and she made short work of him. Even in that fight, she still hasn't shown her full powers so she'll probably beat both of them without much trouble. The thing is Sylvanas is still getting stronger and stronger as the hungering darkness continues to grow.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-04 at 07:14 PM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

I must say that I am a Sylvanas fanboy, but Arthas would win that one.

Arthas's strength was just out of this world, the tricky thing about this thread is that we don't know how much stronger Sylvanas has actually become, but we can see that Bolvar was not that much weaker than her, so I would say Arthas wins.

I prefer Arthas over Sylvannas, but I'm going to say Sylvannas. Arthas was stupidly powerful, far more so than Bolvar, but he still only had limited power of death. His power was a limited amount drawn from the Shadowlands. Sylvannas on the other hand is currently being powered by the Maw and all the souls in it, as well as having the backing of the Jailer.

It's a bit like the water from a garden hose trying to push back the water from a fire hose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Maybe Frostmourne is able to... hmmm..
    Didn't she already die to it once already?

...Also the sword is broken, and my DK is swinging its shards around.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

The Necrolords are the true masters of the undead and necromancy. Never mind the leader of the Necrolords, even a second rated Necrolord can probably teach the Lich King a thing or two about real necromancy and domination over the dead. And Sylvanas will surpass even these Necrolords as she gains more and more power from the timeless cosmic entity known as the Jailer.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Mary Suelvanas

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know the extent of Sylv new powers, so it's hard to say. If those chains work on any undead/dead thing then it won't matter how powerful LK is. The same could be argued in favor of Bolvar if he were to have some hidden dragon infused or paladin powers at his disposal.

Conclusion: We don't know the extent of death-powered Sylv or if Bolvar has something hidden he could have used, so ultimately Blizz can pull whatever.
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Sylvanas still would win. Arthas at his strongest was still defeated by mortals, despite all his strength. Seeing as Sylvanas is likely empowered at least by all the deaths at Teldrassil, Arthas would have no chance.

That being said, my issue with this whole thing is that it's a question that shouldn't even need to be asked. The plot could have moved forward without turning Bolvar into a little bitch, or by breaking the Helm. Instead we needed some empty flashy shit.

Arthas is old news. He was comparable to Tirion, and he got wrecked by a no-name legion brute. The current cast has moved up in terms of power. I highly doubt that Arthas could take any Order Hall Master in a one on one fight.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Sylvanas because the writers are determined to give her anime power levels
    This.. Sylvanas would because she have more plot armor then anyone. She could probaly at this point take on all the old gods, and the titans at the same time. And blizzard would come up with some stupid reason how she layed this mega trap.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lich King Arthas would have used everything in his arsenal to bring her down.

Undead dragons, Undead Giants, powerful liches, the Four horseman’s and the undead army.

She would have never stood a chance.

But One vs One, his ability to summon adds and freeze you in place that shit is OP.

I don’t think Sylvanas has the Stamina to Fight LK Arthas.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2019-11-05 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas, because he'd have Sylvanas' valkyr.