Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If African/Asian customization is well received do you think Kul Tirans will get it?

It just provides more options for the player

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says they aren't? Isn't the customization like a big selling point for this xpac? Would be yugely dumb if they don't but I'll admit I'm not sure if they've stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Who says they aren't? Isn't the customization like a big selling point for this xpac? Would be yugely dumb if they don't but I'll admit I'm not sure if they've stated otherwise.
    I just unlocked Kul Tirans today and they are such a cool race that is not played enough. Opening up what little customization the race has would help light years

5+ Year Old Account
    Kul Trians has stronger Vrykul genes, unless you find Vrykul with Asian/African features than no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a selling point, since it'll be added to the game (via the barbershop) regardless if you buy the expansion or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    It just provides more options for the player
    Can't Kul Tirans already have a really dark skintone? Though it might be more red than dark I suppose.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Basically the same thing. Though, it would be weird seeing a thick black chick whoopin' Kil'jaeden's ass or whatever. XD The ultimate manner teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a selling point, since it'll be added to the game (via the barbershop) regardless if you buy the expansion or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't Kul Tirans already have a really dark skintone? Though it might be more red than dark I suppose.
    Yeah but you have to RP that they have a perm just like old humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Kul Trians has stronger Vrykul genes, unless you find Vrykul with Asian/African features than no.
    Well historians say Vikings were a lot more multicultural than we previously thought because of the nature of their voyages. Darker skin because North Africa and what not

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair but still if they're adding lots more customization options I don't see a reason to just stop at what they've shown so far.

If you think this would matter, you're grossly mistaken. They will be added or they won't be added based wholly on if Blizzard wants to or not.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Yeah but you have to RP that they have a perm just like old humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Well historians say Vikings were a lot more multicultural than we previously thought because of the nature of their voyages. Darker skin because North Africa and what not
    A perm, as in an afro? Dude...

I really want to know where those new options hail from. Tel'abim maybe?

A perm, as in an afro? Dude...
    Idk what it is called when people with curly hair want to straighten their hair

Well, they did state that the added customization would only be for the core races, not Allied Races. Based on that, I'd doubt Kul Tirans get more racial variety. That said, if they do allow some customizations for the Allied Races, prepare to be inundated with more requests for High Elf skins for Void Elves.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    According to the Travelers book series, humans from Stromgarde and Stranglethorn tend to be quite dark and some have African sounding names too: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Makasa_Flintwill

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Well, they did state that the added customization would only be for the core races, not Allied Races. Based on that, I'd doubt Kul Tirans get more racial variety. That said, if they do allow some customizations for the Allied Races, prepare to be inundated with more requests for High Elf skins for Void Elves.
    They kinda said both later on, time will tell.

According to the Travelers book series, humans from Stromgarde and Stranglethorn tend to be quite dark and some have African sounding names too: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Makasa_Flintwill

- - - Updated - - -

They kinda said both later on, time will tell.
    Didn't know that. Thank you!

Yikes dude. It's a fantasy game. Please stop pandering to some kinda eugenicist spiel

Well since there is no Africa or Asia in Azeroth, nobody has those genes.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Customization for the base races is a major feature for the expansion, but they didn't say anything about allied races getting anything. Not to say it couldn't happen, but it's not what they said.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Realistically the lore is going to be that those variations in appearance have always been within human society, and do not hail from any one particular location or heritage within the world. There won't be any lore behind the introduction of additional customization options, and the game will just be updating itself to better represent things it didn't have the tech to in the past. I say this because they'd probably get a fair amount of heat if they tried to do anything along the lines of "Darker skinned humans are from ________".

Why? Because the options for humans and other human-esque races is being added so that a player can better represent themselves in their character, and limiting the lore and roleplay of said choice would be counter-productive to the goal of expanding options.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfa View Post
    Yikes dude. It's a fantasy game. Please stop pandering to some kinda eugenicist spiel
    What? I’m just stating what’s in lore. But ok you do you.