Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    I second this.

Blizzard can't do anything about it.
    I mean, they can, by developing new engine and launching wow 2.0, but that's out of scope right now i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

It sounds like you guys are using some pretty heavy ui modifications. Those fancy unit frames and whatnot will eat a lot of processing power. Recording will eat performance too. I have everything maxed on settings but I don't even notice a dip from my usual 90ish fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Possibly an addon issue. I'd double check each addon to find the culprit. There are some which really shouldn't be used during raid. Never an issue here. But also have an i7-8700k, 2080ti and 32GB of RAM with a monitor OC to 165hz. (paid $300 for monitor, rest gifted. fun times). Also, list your specs so folks can help in the computer section if it turns out it isn't some out of date addon.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    OP is right, performance got shit somewhere along the line, if people who play the game for a living and have sponsored top of the line hardware can't even get high FPS then that is a knock-down argument.

The great thing about Classic is that it's buttery smooth even on older machines, and yet it hardly looks any worse than retail. When I watch videos of modern raids and see all those over the top flashy effects it makes me want to hurl chunks, WoW was never supposed to be like that.
    The people who "play for a living" seem to be doing alright, winning world championships, having viewers, etc. So let's not worry about them.

Secondly, retail barely looks any better? WoW was never supposed to be "like that"? I will just say I am glad you have Classic to contain yourself in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    disable anti aliasing.

disable/ enable vsync.

clear your cache.

delete Gefore Experience and remove it from windows. <- This helped many players. //if you dont want to deinstall it because of auto driver, at last disable everything that is set up automaticaly, it causes lagg! (They have an overlay disable it, auto config for games disable this too) You want to manually config your games to keep tracking of your fps /performance prolem)

use dx11.
    For the love of addons, i do not see why it should impact his game. a 2k machine should be able to handle this. (even shitty built its fucking 2k)

if this didnt help you want to

*Monitor your resources with several apps.
    RealTemp can be handy if you want to monitor cpu heat.
    Last edited by froschhure; 2019-11-05 at 02:23 PM.

Although i'm absolutely with your general stance, that blizz must try their best to increase fps wherever possible, i request your specs or you to get lost.
    Been running an i7 2600k@4.6ghz and i didnt manage to keep over 50 fps in boralus. Even worse in raids. And i knew that this was my bottleneck! Upgraded to a 3800x last week and now i havent dipped below 60 even a single time at a straight 10 and 200% render res with a 1080ti. Again, post your specs or get lost, damn troll.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2019-11-05 at 02:41 PM.

OP is right, performance got shit somewhere along the line, if people who play the game for a living and have sponsored top of the line hardware can't even get high FPS then that is a knock-down argument.

The great thing about Classic is that it's buttery smooth even on older machines, and yet it hardly looks any worse than retail. When I watch videos of modern raids and see all those over the top flashy effects it makes me want to hurl chunks, WoW was never supposed to be like that.
    i am happy to see at least one human in this 7 pages of brain-dead trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    You have a $2k PC and you're having FPS issues? I spent like $900 on mine and i play on Ultra lol. Seems like somebody got scammed.
    This, either the op is bull shiting and his pc came from the bargin bucket or he got ripped off or he's got some hardware faults.

He shouldn't be having those kind of fps drops and spikes.

- - - Updated - - -

Wernt you saying how trash classic was only a month ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    With all due respect, this guy is insulting people more than anything whenever they disagree with him, although many valid arguments have been set. This topic is going nowhere. I know asking for something to get locked is not something that we should do, but I request a lookback at every of his messages and tell me honestly, is answering this guy even worth it any more?
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    i am happy to see at least one human in this 7 pages of brain-dead trolls...
    There are a ton of extra particle effects that can be turned down, especially in raiding. This eats up a ton of extra resources because blizzard wanted every to look like a black mage from final fantasy with massive spell effects.

What cpu/GPU are you running? Curious if it's the same as mine cause I suffer the same issue. Dropping below 240 is just not acceptable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Say what you want OP but don't call Ray Tracing useless if you don't know what you're talking about. It's one of the biggest advancement in computer graphics and it makes the biggest difference in graphics quality in regard to how light works in games (for example look at Minecraft with RTX, Quake 2 RTX and many more to come)
    I prefer graphics fidelity over anything else, and if Blizzard will offer me support for RTX I will turn it on.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not to detract all all from your argument, but have you tried raiding without addons? You might be surprised at how much of an impact they can have on performance.
    I, even a minimalist with addons, cam attest this is a good way to go and try out what you can to adjust. I also drop my particle effects and ground clutter in raids so I get better performance and it helps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OR... I just don't run it on some shit ass potato PC from Wallmart and overload it with shitty addons written by monkeys.
    This was just a pleasure to read.

Get a better computer lmao

ITT, OP proves that the $2k PC they sell at Walmart is absolute GARBAGE! Just because it costs a lot does not mean it's good!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    another idea that come to my mind why all this people even don't know about the problem every single mythic raider know for years is - all this people are lfr warriors...
    u sure are braindead ... you know that in lfr there are even more than 20 people? so it would be worse in lfr... gosh just stop posting bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    WRONG

the reason garrosh healed 3 times because he because the game engine cant handle numbers bigger than the 32bit integer, hence why blizzard was forced to heal the boss 3 times durring the fight
    I mean that is basically what I said. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by froschhure View Post
    For the love of addons, i do not see why it should impact his game. a 2k machine should be able to handle this. (even shitty built its fucking 2k)
    There are two main reasons. First, addons are generally are generally created by people who, while passionate, are not professional developers with the required expertise to optimize their code. Second, there are some restrictions and general flaws with LUA that cause it to chug disproportionate resources - especially when it has to parse large amounts of data.

By no means does this mean addons are bad or people shouldn't use them at all, but when you run into spikes in your framerate it's worth turning them all off and back on again one by one to see if any are causing the issue. At the end of the day if your game runs butter smooth with the base client and no addons you have to recognize that the issue does not lie with WoW. It's not Blizzards job to fix third party software that you're running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    I mean that is basically what I said. wtf
    you said that the game wasnt handling big numbers because of calculations, which is wrong,

the engine litteraly cant measure numbers over 2.1 bilion

we don't talk here about MY problems with fps. we talk here about fps problems that have every single raider... i open wowprogress and take 1st movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CCA9vz-83I
    player have 125fps before pull... 60fps during pull... and 33-39fps drops for dozen of seconds for example at 10:20 mark...
    EVERY SINGLE RAIDER have same problems.
    I have been raiding since mid BC on various computers and I am confident I have never had a 74% drop in frames or a flat drop of 90+ frames. The worst I have dealt with was when we would BL on pull on rott or festergutt whichever filled the room with green smoke. After a patch Hans and Franz was busted too and once the belts start fps would take a big hit, but even those weren't these massive hits like you are talking about.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."