Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Can we ban fireworks please.

You know what really grinds my gears and its that time of year when every idiot with 2 brain cells thinks its great to create a loud explosion that looks pretty for 3-5seconds, creates a lot of noise that is not only annoying but frightens the shit out of animals and in extreme cases is a fire hazard that gives insurance companies good reason to laugh in your face.

Keep it to certain events run by local councils or mega events in their own stadiums etc. If they want to waste money on a big bang at the end of year or sporting event in some remote field fine. But personal/domestic fireworks should be banned.

/end rant

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are banned in a lot of the places around me, but that doesn't really stop or even slow down anyone. It's really hard for the police to actually catch the people firing them off, especially when they're one of dozens of people around the city doing it on a popular night.

It is already regulated that way where I live. What jurisdiction are you in?

Can we ban whiners who can't handle very limited hours of fireworks on a single day in the whole year instead? Over here, whiners have caused the hours to shrink again and again. You're a perfect example of why compromises shouldn't be made, when one side is acting in bad faith. Compromise is pointless when you won't accept anything short of your exact demand. The hours should be increased instead, and multiple days added.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where I live, it's illegal to own fireworks outside of ~3 weeks surrounding new years eve, and illegal to operate them outside of ~1-2 weeks surrounding new years unless you have a fireworks making license.

That said, people still do it sometimes outside of those windows, but not enough that anything is done

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to lower restrictions on fireworks here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Can we ban whiners who can't handle very limited hours of fireworks on a single day in the whole year instead?
    It's great that over there (wherever over there is) you only have a single day of fireworks. Over here (UK) we have people starting to set them off around the start of September and they go on until at least New Years...

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    It's great that over there (wherever over there is) you only have a single day of fireworks. Over here (UK) we have people starting to set them off around the start of September and they go on until at least New Years...
    Here they aren't even sold until like 27th of December. And selling stops on the evening of 31st.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we fire banworks please?

Two days they are really used in the US. July 4th and of course New Years Eve. Here in Texas they are almost always regulated/banned in July because of the fire risk and most cities have local regulations for both days simular to that. Mostly based around fire risk and location. Truth be told most people pay attention to it. Of course some don't but over all I could care less if kids are tossing little poppers and ground level bangs around. I only get concerned when rockets are flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you and your pet can deal with it. Seriously people have been letting off fireworks for years, if someone has an issue with it then it is their issue. I would agree if it becomes a fire hazard and people are losing their homes or being injured on a greater scale.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    You know what really grinds my gears and its that time of year when every idiot with 2 brain cells thinks its great to create a loud explosion that looks pretty for 3-5seconds, creates a lot of noise that is not only annoying but frightens the shit out of animals and in extreme cases is a fire hazard that gives insurance companies good reason to laugh in your face.

Keep it to certain events run by local councils or mega events in their own stadiums etc. If they want to waste money on a big bang at the end of year or sporting event in some remote field fine. But personal/domestic fireworks should be banned.

/end rant
    Yes! And we should also ban clapping and instead use Jazz Hands.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post

/end rant
    can we just ban whiny people like you?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-11-05 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling - Be civil
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

10+ Year Old Account
    they are technically illegal in wisconsin but the police here don't care at all if you light them off. we lit off some fireworks last year and the only thing they did was ask us not to light them off in the road when cars are passing by.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    can we just ban whiny people like you?
    You're whining also so that would mean you are also banned. Kek
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

i think there is something to be said for just donating the money you would spend on fireworks to one big professional fireworks show.

but at the end of the day a lot of people think its exciting to light the fuses themselves.

and they can try regulating it all they want, people will just drive to Belgium to buy stuff thats illegal here anyways.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-11-05 at 05:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're whining also so that would mean you are also banned. Kek
    not whining what the op did was whining
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    not whining what the op did was whining
    You're whining about ops whining.

You're whining about a whiner which is like fighting a fire by adding more fire. It's dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    You're whining about ops whining.

You're whining about a whiner which is like fighting a fire by adding more fire. It's dumb.
    and you're whining about someone whining about a whiner

And now I'm whining about someone whining about someone whining about someone whining.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    and you're whining about someone whining about a whiner

And now I'm whining about someone whining about someone whining about someone whining.
    I pointed out his whining about ops whining. I wasn't whining. So nice try