Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    I really want to know where those new options hail from. Tel'abim maybe?
    If they ever do a world revamp I'd love for them to show these new racial options in the game be represented. So when you walk into a settlement its clearly a settlement of people with a specific racial orientation.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Well since there is no Africa or Asia in Azeroth, nobody has those genes.
    I guess I shouldn’t have used the word genes as it was taken as too literal.

I want to be an asian worgen.

And now we wait for people to start pushing for trans inclusion, it never ends I fear. Everybody has to have some form of representation, well where are the quadriplegic character options then?
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Not gonna happen. At least in the sense that it did for humans. They may add some of the hairs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Farfa View Post
    Yikes dude. It's a fantasy game. Please stop pandering to some kinda eugenicist spiel
    Truly interesting how everyone suddenly becomes a geneticist and comes up with a million dumb reasons why there can’t be non white humans or whatever.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrex View Post
    I want to be an asian worgen.
    With the new chow worgen option!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Who says they aren't? Isn't the customization like a big selling point for this xpac? Would be yugely dumb if they don't but I'll admit I'm not sure if they've stated otherwise.
    You never know.... bfa big selling point was the races but as a DH player I can’t enjoy any of them

They've said Allied Races aren't getting new customization.

I love the fact that we'll be able to make humans that look African or Asian. I'm all for more customization. We all know that at this point.

To those who question where these human ethnicities originate from in WoW, it's been present for years. There's been three human NPCs with Asian names for years now. Woo Ping, the now removed weapon trainer from Stormwind. Wu Shen, a warrior trainer in Stormwind. Shang Kang Cheng, a staff vendor in WotLK Dalaran.

There hasn't been a whole lot of African characters in WoW's lore, but we've seen some recently. Makasa from Traveler. Innkeeper Bob from Hearthstone. Also Traveler mentions a group of dark-skinned humans living in Stranglethorn with their own culture and names.

These options aren't coming out of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    They've said Allied Races aren't getting new customization.
    They said all races will be receiving additional customization options.

"There will be a tremendous breadth of choices available for most, if not all, of the other races." - straight from MMO-C's developer interview currently on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Yeah but you have to RP that they have a perm just like old humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Well historians say Vikings were a lot more multicultural than we previously thought because of the nature of their voyages. Darker skin because North Africa and what not
    Yeaaa and their villages looked like London 2019. I mean you can argue whether Kul Tirans should have the customization options or not and probably no one really cares that much because it's just a game, but stop spreading the bullshit.

Also instead of adding weird Kul Tiran customization options I'd rather they add Tel'abim denizens with more African or Arabic oriented customization options instead.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Truly interesting how everyone suddenly becomes a geneticist and comes up with a million dumb reasons why there can’t be non white humans or whatever.
    I'm all for the customization because having more than like 10 faces or less in a race is neato-keen, but this is literally a fantasy game that takes the Star Trek approach to races wherein they're attached to stereotypes and tropes because of racial identity and then a character is carved out of it. While some characters surpass this (and its usually the better written ones) this is simply not the case for the majority of characters.

The snooty selfish elves. The wacky techy gnomes, the wacky goblins who also happen to be greedy on top of it, the spiritual and 'wise' Tauren and so on and so forth. It seeps out of not only the characters but their architecture and 'physical' themes.

Similarly if this were Diablo III and we had an influx of non-asian style people or themes flying out of Xiansai it would be pretty weird given all the characters they've introduced, be it the wizards (Lei-Ming), Covetus Shen, as well as lots of various tool-tips of wizards and gem-makers from the region.

Heaven forbid when the games themselves set the tone that racial identity is important to its own setting (with literal bigoted wars represented in its setting in non-PC races as well) that people get curious about where these new ethnicities come from. But no, that's racist. Somehow. When the game itself is filled with racist tropes to make its wars function. They literally call each other savages. lol.

That said being curious where these people come from != a reason to exclude them. But it would be nice to see some settlements or areas that they hail from so that they actually feel integrated into the world instead of random.

Edit: Frankly tho it could be something as simple as changing a bunch of NPCs in Stormwind to these new looks and going "It was supposed to look that way all along, oooo!"
    Last edited by Reivur; 2019-11-05 at 06:33 PM.

The fact that the made fat humans an AR, but Asian and African facial features are just customization options, is just funny. Could've added a body type slider where we can pick between the body type and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post

"There will be a tremendous breadth of choices available for most, if not all, of the other races." - straight from MMO-C's developer interview currently on the front page.
    You're wrong. Sorry.

With these new customizations, will we see improvements to customizations for Allied Races as well? What about Death Knight customizations?
    So, with new character customization, we are focusing mainly in the original races, not allied races. we are able to apply new customizations to them, like separate the eyes from the rest of the models, with the help of the Technical team, so you have more options to choose from. We are not touching Allied Races at this time, we are focusing on the main races. There are no plans to expanding custom DK customization at this point.

Source

5+ Year Old Account

That is incorrect then. They said in an interview that allied races will not be touched in Shadowlands.

Source: https://www.wowhead.com/news=296035/...ing-pathfinder

Quote: "With these new customizations, will we see improvements to customizations for Allied Races as well? What about Death Knight customizations?
    So, with new character customization, we are focusing mainly in the original races, not allied races. we are able to apply new customizations to them, like separate the eyes from the rest of the models, with the help of the Technical team, so you have more options to choose from. We are not touching Allied Races at this time, we are focusing on the main races. There are no plans to expanding custom DK customization at this point."

- - - Updated - - -

You're wrong. Sorry.

With these new customizations, will we see improvements to customizations for Allied Races as well? What about Death Knight customizations?
    So, with new character customization, we are focusing mainly in the original races, not allied races. we are able to apply new customizations to them, like separate the eyes from the rest of the models, with the help of the Technical team, so you have more options to choose from. We are not touching Allied Races at this time, we are focusing on the main races. There are no plans to expanding custom DK customization at this point.

Source
    Haha beat me to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Focusing mainly" does mean that they may add some new options to the Allied Races, particularly if it's something they can easily extend to them.

You're wrong. Sorry.

Source
    Given that I gave a source, you might say the source was wrong? ������

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    "Focusing mainly" does mean that they may add some new options to the Allied Races, particularly if it's something they can easily extend to them.
    But like right after they say "mainly focusing" they say they are not touching allied races. Allied races will not be getting further customization in Shadowlands. You can bet on that.

Given that I gave a source, you might say the source was wrong? ������
    I don't think the source is wrong. You just read it incorrectly.

"Other Races" in your quote refers to the original races and not Allied Races.