Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I don't know why, but I thought that the destruction of the black soulstone would have "killed" everyone inside.

I'll admit I'm not a Diablo lore nerd, I loved D3, and D4 looks great. With WoW Lore being meh, I might switch over to Diablo.

5+ Year Old Account
    This might be an odd question: But how exactly did Lilith and Inarius create the Nephalem? Did they actually have sex?

Is Lilith the literal mother of the first gen Nephalems or was it more like magic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    "Andariel is returning in Diablo IV and they got to re-imagine her for this version."
    No sweet demon boobies then? Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    This might be an odd question: But how exactly did Lilith and Inarius create the Nephalem? Did they actually have sex?

Is Lilith the literal mother of the first gen Nephalems or was it more like magic?
    They are described as lovers from what I have read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    No sweet demon boobies then? Sad
    It would appear not, I guess that's where Blizzard draws the line nowadays!

yeah they had sex obviously. And the pale dude is probably Rathma 1st generation nephalem, one of the first children of Lilith.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm thinking it's one of Deckard Cain's people, the Horadrim. The grave being Deckard Cain's would make sense.
    Yeah, that's the common theory. Tunic desing and everything resembles them plus the dream visions. However nothing officially confirmed.

- - - Updated - - -

Literal mother.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pilek01 View Post
    yeah they had sex obviously. And the pale dude is probably Rathma 1st generation nephalem, one of the first children of Lilith.
    First child of Inarius and Lilith, called (lol) Linarius. Changed the name into Rathma after going under the teachings of Trag'Oul.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My guesswork: everything is breaking loose, especially since Diablo nearly destroyed the Heavens and Malthael did what he did. Sanctuary is completely defenseless against the Buring Hell invasion which we know for sure it's going to happen, now that all major demons are free and there's no barrier anymore to defend the realm.

With angels basically leaning on the "nephalem are better dead" and Inarius being imprisoned, Rathma's only way to get some powerful ally is to call back Lilith from her exile in the Void. Lilith despises the demon lords, so she's not going to side with them. What this means in the long term is unknown given Lilith's will, but i think everything is preparing towards another menace yet to be revealed.

The more i read the lore (and i'm a fanatic for Diablo lore) the less sense it makes for Lilith to be a full-fledged baddie (while it's easy to see why we would fight her). However we're talking Blizzard and retcons are not a new thing.
    I don't know about this.

The Worldstone had something like 3000 years to dampen the powers of the Nephalem which reduced them to become, well, humans and the memory of their birthright was stripped for all but a lucky few (such as Mendeln) and yet we were still able to vanquish the three Prime Evils. It's not like there are only a few Nephalem either but all are capable of being much greater than they are when groomed or circumstances arise and that power can come fast and hard which is what happened with Uldyssian who banished Angels and Demons back to their realm and effectively paved the road to ending the Sin War before destroying himself.

Fast forward twenty years without the Worldstone dampening the power of the Nephalem and we were able to vanquish the Prime Evil which contained the power of each Greater Evil in one after it more or less destroyed the High Heavens. That's some phenomenal power creep and, from what I understand, D4 takes place twenty years after D3 so imagine the power the Diablo 3 heroes have been able to harness in that time as well as anyone else.

Any entity which creeps out of the wood works no matter how big or small would be squished like a bug.

Rathma may not be on the best of terms with his mom and pop as well as the High Heavens but he is bound to the Balance and because of this he would likely cast aside any differences to preserve it so it's interesting to wonder who he feels the need to be saved from (if this is Rathma). Blessed mother could be interpreted in two ways so I'm still on the fence if this is Rathma or not. It's Priest of Rathma iconography and blood magic and it would explain why he isn't wearing traditional garb since it was Mendeln who literally wrote the book on Necromancy and such.

I think the Nephalem have simply become too powerful and in spite of being beings from angel and demon which represents a balance in and of itself this is what's shifting the Balance of Sanctuary. So far we've seen what the heroes are capable with heroics acts for the betterment of Sanctuary but what would happen if one were to be presented with the powers of Godhood and instead of sacrificing themself to preserve their own humanity they just embrace that limitless amount of power and become corrupted.

Heck, even the act of being too good would tip the Balance and now in order to preserve it Lilith has to be summoned and use her powers as the Queen of the Succubus to groom corrupted Nephalem or just be pushed to create a war to knock everything down a peg.

Light and Dark are not necessary good and evil, son of Diomedes. Yes, good must outshine evil, but if the knowledge of evil is erased utterly, even good may turn on itself...
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2019-11-06 at 12:42 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure Andariel was in the gameplay vid, along with Duriel

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's the common theory. Tunic desing and everything resembles them plus the dream visions. However nothing officially confirmed.
    Mmm. Only inconsistency would be that he was "the last of the Horadrim", but I guess that can easily be explained as "...to his knowledge". Since we only had his word on it, which was the word of his mother, who was already going coocoo for cocopuffs by the time he reached adolency.

Literal mother.
    First child of Inarius and Lilith, called (lol) Linarius. Changed the name into Rathma after going under the teachings of Trag'Oul.
    S-S-s-sex?! In MY blood and gore game? That's un-american! PUT IT AWAYyyyy
    Looking marvelous in velvet.