Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Ya... sounds like bloat from the sound of it.

Feels more like a step backwards, unless they can make it meaningful, which they probably won't.

It'll literally probably just be extra buttons on the bar.

I'm more of a fan of focused specs to be honest.
    Some classes feel lost without class identity over spec identity though, like DK especially.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    My question is, what is an arcane mage going to do with frostbolt? I'm all for returning abilities and removing spec restrictions but things like this don't make a whole lot of sense now.
    I guess he can use it when on low mana.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Your frostbolt criticals make your fireball instant cast and do X% more damage.

Solved.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What are you basing that on? Just your hysterics?
    Or you know the fact that they just had Blizzcon and talked about this very thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Your frostbolt criticals make your fireball instant cast and do X% more damage.

Solved.
    What was sloved here? And why would this make any sense at all?
    So you toss out frostbolts to get instant fireballs to get instant pyroes?

a fire spell in frost spec just breaks the immersion and aesthetic of the spec.

I want 36 classes, not 12 classes. Give me diversity and unique spec aesthetics, don't want a boring specless blob that we had in MoP with tons of dead buttons

What was sloved here?
    Usefulness of the extra spells.

And why would this make any sense at all?
    Beacuse mages are the masters of elements.

So you toss out frostbolts to get instant fireballs to get instant pyroes?
    Why not? Sounds cool. You're not even new, you should already know that Blizzard always goes for the cool, so what's wrong?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    My question is, what is an arcane mage going to do with frostbolt? I'm all for returning abilities and removing spec restrictions but things like this don't make a whole lot of sense now.
    Well, that's a bigger problem in itself. technically the whole point of having these skills back is to also have the old kind of talent tree back so we can improve these skills too. So far in shadowlands the talents are the same, basically destroying the idea of synergy between specs.

Frostbolt can still be used for leveling or solo'ing stuff, throw a frostbolt first for the slow with dmg and the travelling time while casting your next spec instead of aggro'ing with Slow and being stuck in global cooldown. It's not much, but it's still there. You won't be using that in dungeons and raids of course and assuming the world content stays as unchallenging as it is now you'll reach a point where 2 arcane blasts just explode your target so frostbolt will become useless again I suppose.

Either way, we need to tell blizzard to change the entire talent system, they have 1 year basically, otherwise a big part of this is for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So no answer then, what a surpirse
    I litteraly just did. Now take your childish bullshit somewhere else, no one cares.

Oh and why did I remove you from my block list, eh? Welcome back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Why would you slow a mob if you already have a rotation to kill him that is perfectly fine and well executed?
    end of convo, i dont live in this dream world u speak of...

I don't quite understand why people are completely ignoring the fact that have different schools of abilities could actually be useful? If you're so against it you really don't have to bother with the ability. You complain for the sake of complaining.

it's not about complaining but being so hyped about having frostbolt back to fire mage is a bit childish. I would understand having mirror image, alter time and stuff like that coming back but frostbolt...srsly?
    Frostbolt for a fire mage might not be the most exciting/useful for everyone. But the utility of a slow on fire in pvp for example is useful, or a second school to cast if you're locked out of fire is also nice as it lets you still do something in that time rather than feel useless. It's more a 'niche ability' I suppose for fire, but it's nice to have regardless.

As for hype, I feel it's more the idea that change (and potentially good change) is happening to classes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard thinks Mages are the masters of elements I can't wait to see their Shaman changes.

Actually its good news.
    Arcane has no ranged AOE, so having Blizzard and Flamestrike can be useful as some fights you have to stay in the ranged group, far from the boss. Using frostbolt to slow a mob during leveling is also nice.
    Arcane explosion to reveal stealthers for frost or fire in pvp can be handy.

10+ Year Old Account
    instead of going with this bullshit "unpruning" thing because "imma useless because im spell locked Q.Q" they should have give new spells that increase the flavor of each spec

Arcane explosion for Arcane, Glacial Explosion for frost, Fire Nova for fire, all doing the same shit as AE, but with the "right" element to it.

There, now you have the "moar buttons" without running away from the "spec fantasy" to please the "muh class fantasy Q.Q"

Why would you slow a mob if you already have a rotation to kill him that is perfectly fine and well executed?
    Man... you are one special LFR raider. And if the abilities end up "pointless" then just dont put them on your bar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    snip
    If you're actually trusting Blizzard with the expansion over a year away, don't be disappointed when they don't follow through. Blizzard makes all kinds of promises when they announce a new expansion and very rarely do they follow through with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Man... you are one special LFR raider. And if the abilities end up "pointless" then just dont put them on your bar.
    Don't get me wrong, I actually agree with you that at as an end result if it ends up pointless like it more than likely will that is absolutely the solution. At the same time I can be completely disappointed that they felt this was worth a big key note and regarded as a feature in the expansion. Because its, you know, almost like its not going to be there at all.

Also note though that I completely understand why Hybrids are excited. Them doubling down on specs crippled hybrid fantasies beyond belief. But as a Mage? Genuinely don't care. Literally no reason to feel hyped about gaining buttons back I won't use. Especially since this likely is going to be an excuse to not add anything new besides the one covenant ability-- an ability that, coincidentally, lines up with their 'old' I mean 'new' I mean 'old or new' philosophy of focusing on class again where it isn't even tailored to specs anymore but your 'core class'. Even though right now with essences these 'class abilities' can wildly sway in different directions based on spec, but whatever.

If they do happen to add new abilities besides a single covenant ability and old shit that I won't use then I'll be pleasantly surprised. But considering how dead 100-120 has been with artifact filling the gap one expansion and BFA filling... nothing until .2, they're the ones who've set the standard of expecting nothing new class wise.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    BTW, this statement bothers me alot...

if mages are master of the elements then what are shamans?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Oh yeah, a few extra abilities you'll never use. Fantastic.
    Most classes are the very same as in BfA, they litterly did no work what so ever on that. Well the same just without the traits and the extra skills we got in the last patch so in reality you'll actually have less than now. Amazing.
    There has been absolutely no word or leaks or data mining on what class changes beyond the already-announced de-pruning will be yet. Where are you getting this “everything is completely unchanged” drivel from? That’s literally impossible; we’re getting a level squish!
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be in the minority here but I actually enjoyed a Frost mage being almost entirely distinct from Fire/Arcane etc. Because of that I leveled, geared and played all 3 specs of mages - I felt like I had 3 distinct different toons offering 3 distinct gameplay experiences.

I understand that they went too far with pruning and spec fantasy or whatever they're calling it, but I don't want 9.0 to replace my 3 distinct mages with 3 jack of all trade casters either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    BTW, this statement bothers me alot...

if mages are master of the elements then what are shamans?
    There can be more than one master of a thing, you know.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.